IMG_20210304_192509.jpg

500 (Classic) The forgotten 500

Introduction

Hello guys I'm new to the forum so thought I would introduce myself.

My name is Stefan people also know me as Navo.

I have recently undertaken my mother's newly acquired fiat 500 as a project as it required alot more work than first thought I'll be updating as I go and hopefully finding the help needed but mainly wanted to share it's story.

So here it is a 1972 RHD with 2 previous owners a mother and daughter. It spent most of its life in a garage (which had a leaky roof) unfortunately causing rust issues.

When delivered it was clear to see this was a longer term project, that's where I came in to the picture below are a few images of the little devil
Couldn't quite get the car to sit how I wanted it so some larger modification is required (yes I'm well aware it's taking it away from historical accuracy but that's not what I'm going for)

IMG_20211220_145703.jpg

Top mounts have been cut away and new ones will be fabricated to allow the car to sit how I need it to

Whose coil-overs are you using---I am using GAZ--made in Essex specifically for the 500/126 models and substantialy cheaper than some of the units available from european suppliers. Yes I agree, a very nicely made cross-member.
Ive decided against coilovers so I'm building my own suspension set up we will see how it gets on haha

I'm excited to say after a successful test run the engine is working and running well such a relief to hear it run after a full rebuild. Didn't want to start at first but after a little tweaking of the ignition started right up and ran perfect no smoke or unexpected noises, it's ready for its new home in the back of the 500

Screenshot_20220905_075536.jpg

Nice to see someone else being in over his head :)

Sorry if you´ve mentioned it earlier, but I can´t find it;
Are the wide arches/flares modified inner arches? :)
I´ve been pondering if that would work...

Keep up the good work, it gave my motivation a boost! :D

As some of you may already know this car is not staying in its standard form and instead I'm reimagining some design aspects

IMG-20221114-WA0002.jpg

One of the things that has been done is extensive modification to the suspension set up the car has been lowered using a technique I first used in my days modding vws "body dropping" as you can see from the new shock turrets that have been fabricated from scratch there is more to be added but the are coming along nicely

Back