tattoos? Yay or nay?

Currently reading:
tattoos? Yay or nay?

Depends where you have them, If you want to join the police, I think it's ok to have one above your elbow, and if it's below, it has to be non-offensive (I think). I want mine on my back, where only people I want to see it can see it.

think tattoos are down to the individual, have seen some that look really good and some that are ugly!

if you have one and then end up regretting it then never mind, everyone does something they regret at some point!

and theres nothin wrong with Robbies tattoos IMO or a certain other halfs :p

Some tattoos look REALLY good, and some look downright awful. It's all a matter of taste, opinion and choosing the right tattoo for the right person.

It's also a question of having a good tattoo done by a respected tattoo artist. And I'd also add that if someone is going to get a tattoo, then get a TATTOO! I've had a few friends get one, then show me a minuscule blue smudge somewhere on their body :rolleyes: I always think that if someone is going to get one, then they should get one that stands out and looks good :slayer:

I also believe that a tattoo should be something personal, unique, and NOT a design that is chosen because everyone else has one. When that happens they are more a 'fashion' statement, and when fashions change the design becomes out of date.

Have I got one? No :( Would I have one? YES! (y) Have been wanting one for years but could never justify the expense. The design I want is going to cost near to £400 and I've never had that kind of money to spend on a non essential. But one day I will.

I guess at the end of the day you either love them or hate them. Live and let live :peace:

poggy said:
Not for me, I can't understand why anybody would want one. They are also a problem for some employers and could stop you getting a job because of the image they can portray.

I only have the one at th emoment but the grand plan is almost a complete back peice and chest and arms to be fairly well covered. I used to be scared of what employers thought, but to be honest, if someone is small minded enough not to give me a job over tattoos then I don't really want them as my boss! :slayer:

My only tat:

http://www.jianikos.com/misc/tatoo.jpg

But I want lots more, I had £30 off the misses towards a new tat for my birthday still need to cash it in.:rolleyes:

Used to have my nipple pierced but it kept getting in the way at work - I never knew how much my nipples actually rub against things during a normal day - now I am office based again instead of working at a breakers yard I am tempted to give it another whirl!:devil:

New_Tattoo.jpg

well thats the next one lined up

I have thought about it, but when it came down to it, I couldn't find a design I would be comfortable with on my body for the rest of my life. Stuff I like now, I might not like 20 years down the line, in fact I'll probably be thinking "why the hell did I get that"
My mate is a tattoist and I he is spot on. He can do them for cost price so I wouldn't have to pay more than £20 for one that would cost £200+ in the shop. But it still doesn't appeal tbh.
However they look good on some folk, and if you are happy with them then good on you! my tatooist mate has them all over his body, and he's pissed that he is running out of skin to tattoo on!

I'd love one, one of my mates is a tatooist, and he says it's no big deal to get one, I'd die of embarassment if I passed out while he was working on me!:p

Bigjawa said:
I'd love one, one of my mates is a tatooist, and he says it's no big deal to get one, I'd die of embarassment if I passed out while he was working on me!:p

Dont look, seems to make it hurt more, I wouldnt imagine its a passing out kinda thing though

Just go in there pretending to be too exhausted to stand and if you pass out tell him you fell asleep

Randomman said:
Dont look, seems to make it hurt more, I wouldnt imagine its a passing out kinda thing though

Just go in there pretending to be too exhausted to stand and if you pass out tell him you fell asleep
Falling asleep is quite easy to do i had 4 hrs laid down on my front whilst i had the back of my leg coloured in was asleep for about 2.30 hrs(y)

Few bits i found (not written by me)

'They're on a downward slide, although not quite out yet. In another year or two I think some people will be regretting what they've had done. I don't regret my tattoo, exactly, but if I could go back in time I might not have gotten it. I'm not going to spend a lot of money to have it removed though.'

'I think it's on the way out. I haven't seen as many in the last few months. It was definitely a big thing for a few years, but maybe people are realizing there are less permanent ways of expressing yourself.'

'I think that tattoos are tacky, and I especially think it's a mistake for kids our age to get them because their bodies and tastes are going to change. Piercings seem to be more popular these days — I guess because you can take them out. People are getting them in even more outrageous places like the back of their necks.'

attachment.php

attachment.php

Future Children? :D

Jus a random post on neutral thoughts loool :p

Attachments

• 031009-russiantats.jpg
    031009-russiantats.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 39
  • tatoo.jpg
    tatoo.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 54
1986Uno45S said:
Some tattoos look REALLY good, and some look downright awful. It's all a matter of taste, opinion and choosing the right tattoo for the right person.

It's also a question of having a good tattoo done by a respected tattoo artist. And I'd also add that if someone is going to get a tattoo, then get a TATTOO! I've had a few friends get one, then show me a minuscule blue smudge somewhere on their body :rolleyes:

I also believe that a tattoo should be something personal, unique, and NOT a design that is chosen because everyone else has one. When that happens they are more a 'fashion' statement, and when fashions change the design becomes out of date.

I guess at the end of the day you either love them or hate them. Live and let live :peace:

I totally agree with you here. I'm sorry but I laugh at people who get the fashion tatoo done , and so many have exactly the same thing. booo nooooo. I had my fairy done at a very significant time in my life. I went to see an excellent artist. good reputation. I told him what i wanted, took some drawings in, he worked with me and we came up with the design I have down my back. at the time I had it done it was unique. but it isnt copyrighted so i doubt it is now!

I also had it done on my back so it wasnt obvious. 'special' people get to see it, or when i wear a low back top, it just suggests enough that theres something there.

i love it. means alot to me and it isnt tacky at all:D

xxjen

I certaibtly don't want a tatoo as a 'fashion' thing, to impress other people. I don't have a clue about fashion lol, so I doubt I'll regret having mine done when I get it.

after growing up around and working in my mums shop for the past 10 years, i belive ive got good grounds to commment on this matter

firstly 95 percent of tattoos ARE for fashion purposes, why would the usual chavvy low life indeed get one other wise, unless it were to fit in with the crowd.

secondly its that other 5 percent who will think long and hard and choose to get a peice of art with deep symbolism to them placed on thier body for the rest of thier lifes.

my mum is a tattoo ARTIST not just a plain tattooist, she can capture those 5 percent of ppl hopes and dreams in a peice of art that they will look at for the rest of thier life and smile at its meaning!!!

and for thoses who in there life do not have anything that means enought to them to consider it being immortalised............. youve not lived

i rest my case, tattoos yay or nay??? if you have hopes and dream and true meaning in your life you'l know the answer

xxxx

I quite like them but not sure what I'd want for the rest of my life...had joked around with a very close friend that I'd get her signature somewhere...but then saw her handwriting and it wasn't all that pretty :rolleyes:

Alaina, I love your tattoo.

alainax said:
and for thoses who in there life do not have anything that means enought to them to consider it being immortalised............. youve not lived

i rest my case, tattoos yay or nay??? if you have hopes and dream and true meaning in your life you'l know the answer

xxxx

You can do that without a tattoo though, so I would have to disagree. As you go through life there are different stages and what you consider important enough to be immortalised now, may not be as important as something which may happen tomorrow, after all you never know what's round the corner. If you do it with a tattoo, you will probably end up with quite a few.

Only my opinion of course.

I like tattoo's not sure on one of mine anymore though :eek:

Not sure which catergory I fit in either..

My first one was kindda stupid just a spur of the moment with a couple of mates thing..

My 2nd one i saw the design the first time i went to the place and kept thinking one day i'll get it.. so one day decided sod it and got it done during my lunch break..

Have to say that one hurt a fair bit :eek:

So anyway Yay to them.. as long as it's the right one for you

Just throwing something into the Ether here...

If you wanted to immortalise something like that... how about a photograph, and some digital copies, have it safety sealed in an airtight bag only to be removed when you want to replace the copies you have?

The effect of age on tattoos is something that makes me not want one, and of course that you are permanently marking your skin, and should you not like it, then you are up sh/t creek in a barbed wire cannoo.
Of course, I also have the added extra of that I'm now old enough to live out in the wide world on my own, one of the conditions of my cheap healthy parental house is that I don't have any tattoos (my father is quite passionate on the matter)

Seraph said:
Of course, I also have the added extra of that I'm now old enough to live out in the wide world on my own, one of the conditions of my cheap healthy parental house is that I don't have any tattoos (my father is quite passionate on the matter)

Know the feeling...I'm not allowed to get pierced :( (n)

well i wa unlucky to lose a bet and had to get a tattoo, only mines quite bad, its been done before but i asked what i had to get and they said get your name but i thought they meant the words 'your name' and they meant dave :bang: ah well i got it on my arse :cry: its comedy value tho. wins a few pints at the pub :cool:

Back