General Sylvia....

Currently reading:
General Sylvia....

I was convinced that I was running 165's but when I checked they where 155/70's x 13

Fit great and really give a good ride on them long runs....

DSC00848.jpg

Thou it does maybe make it roll a bit more.:eek:

Jim

the thing is, standard tyres are 135s but Fiat had the option of 155/65s which arent the same overall diameter... so really I ought to get 155/70s as they are the same overall as 135s. Surely all the ones, like mine with the 155/65s have their speedos reading fast?

the thing is, standard tyres are 135s but Fiat had the option of 155/65s which arent the same overall diameter... so really I ought to get 155/70s as they are the same overall as 135s. Surely all the ones, like mine with the 155/65s have their speedos reading fast?

no matter what tires I've got on Sylvia she's always been about 10% over....:(

Jim

My steelies are running 165/65s and they're absolutely spot on, no rubs, scrapes or irritations. I've run a couple of sets of 165/55 Cinq alloys (wheels are 5.5 inches wide) and they are also fine unless you have three heavy people in the back.

Ride wise the 65 profile is of course more comfortable and quieter but the alloys on 55s sharpened up the steering nicely and adjustments mid-bend were easier to judge.

At the end of the day it's comfort vs fun. Now my daily commute to Liverpool is over I want fun again!

it's all over now but my wee panda did enjoy herself!

DSC01434_thumb.jpg

Going for a wee rest in Thessalonniki....

DSC01447.jpg

and next morning comming back out of her underground resting place. Note the strange rodent that got stuck in her grill overnight and died there!!!!

DSC01461.jpg

Sunbathing on the beach!

DSC01714.jpg

DSC01713.jpg

On the way home....

Jim

Jim, I just sent you an email with a video file attached showing the exhaust problem sylvia has. Nothing major but a little more welding I think.

She has been keeping good company for some of the time. Although since Sarah has taken over the Mk1 she is now sharing a bed with a big German. :)

Attachments

• tucked up.jpg
    tucked up.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 20
  • german.jpg
    german.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Back