General Sylvia's maintenance thread

Currently reading:
General Sylvia's maintenance thread

why has 1 pic got hub nut missing?

Because I was starting to change the lower ball joint at the same time.

This is the rear suspension spring mount on the beam that was rusted through and she failed the Mot on.

sylviarustyrearspringmount.jpg

Once the new drum is on remember to tighten up the 12mm locating nut.

sylvianewreardrumon.jpg

And then adjust the handbrake cable. This has to be done from under the car but it's only a matter of using 2 13mm spanners to unlock the nuts and adjust accordingly.

sylviaadjustinghbrakecable.jpg

I usually adjust the cable just as far as there is a bit on the drums.

i know that thisis well old. but where to get thin retaining pin and clips from. :bang: seems the kit i bought they don't come with them. and also i could sure use some pictures of the handbrake set up in the backing plate as i have none of this fitted and i'm unsure if i even have the parts in the project trike box at all.(n) cheers.

i know that thisis well old. but where to get thin retaining pin and clips from. :bang: seems the kit i bought they don't come with them. and also i could sure use some pictures of the handbrake set up in the backing plate as i have none of this fitted and i'm unsure if i even have the parts in the project trike box at all.(n) cheers.

Have a search for your local engineering suppliers. What you are looking for is properly referred to as a clevis pin and is secured with either a split pin (one time) or an R clip (replaceable). HTH!

Cheers,

Plug

ok guys thanks for the heads up. found another breakers yard 20 mile away. who said ye sure we haave one on the pile. when i got there it was fookin citrion dolly.:rolleyes: oh well LOL.

Back