General Why Sylvia didn't make it...

Currently reading:
General Why Sylvia didn't make it...

Been a bit busy there so some catching up to do...

Firday night about 7.00, Alan and I were packing up and I said 'Do you smell petrol?' and a quick check under the bonnet was to show petol flowing from the bodge that I did in the middle of Belfast before Christmas. I could hear myself go 'I meant to fix that! Agggg!' so the ferry was loading at 8.30, there was no spare fuel line anywhere in the house and I couldn't cut it again cause that was the bodge that I'd done in Belfast last time round.

So there was only one option but to take the Citroen :(

Anyway, got back about 2am last night and up today to service the Multipla that I bought at the weekend and then had a look at Sylvia...

12012009343-001.jpg

Seemed really perished so I headed to Halfords and just replaced the whole lot with new line.

08012009308.jpg

Replaced this dirty old wonky seat with this one....

11012009339.jpg

That was after I took it down to the local Lativan Car wash and had it jet cleaned. Big big thanks to Damon for donating it to the cause ;)

I'll get a pic of it tomorrow when it's dried out and daylight

Jim

And how did it feel driving a bug eyed beast ?

Did it come from a member here ?

Trev

I know that I can say she's a nice motor! My first time in a multi and I loved it!

Jim and I managed to sort out the rear seats quickly when it came to folding them, so it passes the 'easy of use' test. lol.

What was she like on the journey back Jim? The Sisley done an amazing 150 miles and used no fuel :p :rolleyes:

Jon.

How did you get back Jon, can't imagine the AA towing you all that distance?

On a flat bed :p

Welcome back Jon, WHAT have you done to your poor Panda you bully ? :eek:

Trev

Well it started like this,
11012009498noplate.JPG

and ended like this.
11012009511noplate.JPG

:(

And wait for the video up-load on youtube this evening. lol.

The Amp on the distrubiter (SP?) went on the M40 12 miles away from Gaydon on the way there. I was the Panda AA'ed in. I win the 'Who's going to be on the back of an AA van' Comp :ROFLMAO:

Jon.

And how did it feel driving a bug eyed beast ?

Did it come from a member here ?
Trev

I did like it but now like it more that it's been serviced. I thought it didn't drive that well on the test run but as I'm not keeping it (it's going to the same museum in Tennessee that bought my new 500 last year) I thought 'what the hell at least it goes'. Anyway after 20 minutes of hoking a metal ring out of a spark plug well that 1. Meant that it was running a plug from when Cher was still in the charts and 2. HT cable was hanging half off and then changing the air filter for one that wasn't black it's running a dream!

I know that I can say she's a nice motor! My first time in a multi and I loved it!

Jim and I managed to sort out the rear seats quickly when it came to folding them, so it passes the 'easy of use' test. lol.

What was she like on the journey back Jim? The Sisley done an amazing 150 miles and used no fuel :p :rolleyes:

Jon.

I'm sure now that I'm running on 4 cylinders and have an working air filter the 27mpg will get a bit better... It absolutly tipped down last night on the M6 and the winds were nuts. Was a really rough crossing too. Alan left from Liverpool in the Citroen and didn't get much sleep in his cabin but I left from Scotland so was only only on the ferry for a hour and a half so didn't have time to throw up, LOL

Next time I suggest a winter get to gether remind me to all meet in doors! :p

Jim

Back