So you think youre obese?

Currently reading:
So you think youre obese?

I always tell my patients they should stick to their diet once on statins and am happy to go into things further if they want me to. Usually they don't want to know.

It does annoy me the amount of resources that are wasted on diseases caused by gluttony but I'll probably be among them one day :eek:

this cake im eating is great :yum:

you all mean so i will have to go and drown my sorrows in a mcd's :cry: :eek:

the only way i found to lose weight is to eat less and get up and about more, am still a fatty but weigh alot less than i used to and dont need a boomerang to get my pants on :p

i never watched the program, but if the guy was being force fed and didnt know any better, the carer should be done for manslaughter is he dies as a result of it

one word REDUCTIL, ppl who are adddicted to food are so coz endomorphinss in there brain say eating food makes u happy. so instead of just eatin when there hungary they eat out of boredom or depression ( orrible endless cycle), reductil ( wonderful magical pill) stops the feeling of hunger and the feeling that food is good!

if ppl stopped buyin food n bought reductil the world would be a much thinner place!
xxx

alainax does not promote the buying of unprescibed medication please consult your doctor. ;)

possible side effects for reductil -

The most common side effects include insomnia, constipation, a dry mouth and small increases in blood pressure.

although you be losing weight, you be up all night, full of **** and thirsty all the time :woot:

dont most obese people have high blood pressure anyway, i know i do so increasing it will add to the problem

i dont want to go against any medical people or studies, but imo that is asking for trouble :eek:

EDIT - christ i should of read all the other possible side effects aswell :eek: -

Uncommon side effects
These might affect less than 1 in every 100 people.

Liver and kidneys : Kidney problems; raised levels of liver enzymes in tests
Skin : Purple rash on legs; bruising.
Other : Seizures; blurred vision.

Other signs to watch out for
If you get breathing problems, chest pains or swollen ankles while you're taking the capsules, stop taking Reductil and talk to a doctor straight away.

are they sure this stuff is safe lol

Last edited:
gaz_wrexham said:
possible side effects for reductil -

The most common side effects include insomnia, constipation, a dry mouth and small increases in blood pressure.

although you be losing weight, you be up all night, full of **** and thirsty all the time :woot:

dont most obese people have high blood pressure anyway, i know i do so increasing it will add to the problem

i dont want to go against any medical people or studies, but imo that is asking for trouble :eek:

lol well all very true but htere are far worse lists of side effects u get from being obese,
all common drugs have side effect reductil happens to be amoung the fewest iv seen,
for instance the pill has a list of side effects as long as my arm, not got any,

the side effects are easily explained and managed.
thirstyness promotes u to drink more water ( good for ya)
insomnia is due to the same chemical as in speed(ba bad drug- good bit extracted) so quickens your reactions makes u more active and alert ( excercise is good for ya)
n constipation? never knew it to happen to any one, suppose if u dont eat a balanced diet while on em might happen. im not condononing it but at the end of the day these obese ppl are dyin when we have a cure
xxx

alainax said:
the side effects are easily explained and managed.
thirstyness promotes u to drink more water ( good for ya)
insomnia is due to the same chemical as in speed(ba bad drug- good bit extracted) so quickens your reactions makes u more active and alert ( excercise is good for ya)
n constipation? never knew it to happen to any one, suppose if u dont eat a balanced diet while on em might happen. im not condononing it but at the end of the day these obese ppl are dyin when we have a cure
xxx

so aswell as being full of **** you be pissing like a racehorse now :(

i always thought insomnia made you grumpy, tired and paranoid, if it makes you more active and alert....where do i sign up :D

hmmm constipation, if you strain really hard and you already got high blood pressure this drug gives you more high blood pressure you end up dying on the toilet, i dont want anyone seeing me dead with my pants round my ankles unless i got a beautiful lady on top (y) :eek:

My old man taped this so I'm going to watch it now.

I was alarmed to press play on the VCR and see a stunning blonde getting it from behind by a well hung man :eek: It made me a little sick to think of my dad having such tapes.
Then I remembered :idea: I hadn't inserted the correct tape, and it was one of mine (y)

Helz said:
Yes we have a cure, eat less and exercise more. It may have escaped your notice that exercise also produces endorphins :)

:yeahthat:

my best friend tried that stuff and it made her really ill, she nearly ended up in hospital(n)

i love exercise and that feeling of satisfaction of knowing i have had a good workout

it mite take longer to loose the weight in the long run, but it's a better way of trying to keep it off

paulbfd said:
Well said Mase.

There's no excuse for 99% of the population to be fat.

All this ****e about how foods should be labelled, etc. Give me a break.

Everyone knows that chocolate, crisps, take away pizzas et al make you fat.

Most people are just to bone idle to get off their fat arses and sort themselves out. I can make a healthy, tasty warm meal in 30 minutes. That's just too much effort for some poeple so they phone a curry in instead.

And doctors / NHS do knack all about it. Just give 'em a wonder pill to cure them.

Like everyone on Statins for high cholesterol. They're great they are - they also depleat you of co-enzyme Q10, which will leads to heart disease FFS!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang:

Rant over.

There is much more to being obese than just eating and not exercising, though you are correct in saying that better diet and getting off your arse is the best remedy. But I think this applies to much less than 99% of the population.

However, other physical factors come into play. Reduced metabolism, under active thyroid gland, digestive disorders, and a possible 'fat gene' also have an effect.

I have two friends who both weigh over 20 stone. Both eat less than I do and go to the gym. Yet I weigh half of what they do, don't count calories and don't go to the gym (but I am always active physically). They get frustrated that I can pig out and not put on weight, whereas they only have to look at a cake and they pile on the pounds.

Also worth bearing in mind that both were of average build up to their 40's, then suddenly the pounds started piling on yet there was no change in their diet.

Why is this? Why can I eat pretty much what I want and not put on weight? Why are their bodies so susceptable to weight gain compare with mine? Who knows, but it does go to show that there is more to being obese than simply over eating and not exercising (though I do agree that in many cases that is the primary problem).

The saddest thing though, is that my friends get labelled as 'fat slobs', 'lazy', 'greedy pigs', 'disgusting' etc. purely based on their physical appearance. If those aiming those comments at them could see how much they are trying to lose weight and how hurtful those comments are, perhaps they would take a different view. They are still human beings, and have emotions like all of us. Not all fat people should be stereotyped, which is what so many people wrongly do...

Last edited:
1986Uno45S said:
There is much more to being obese than just eating and not exercising, though you are correct in saying that better diet and getting off your arse is the best remedy. But I think this applies to much less than 99% of the population.

However, other physical factors come into play. Reduced metabolism, under active thyroid gland, digestive disorders, and a possible 'fat gene' also have an effect.

I have two friends who both weigh over 20 stone. Both eat less than I do and go to the gym. Yet I weigh half of what they do, don't count calories and don't go to the gym (but I am always active physically). They get frustrated that I can pig out and not put on weight, whereas they only have to look at a cake and they pile on the pounds.

Also worth bearing in mind that both were of average build up to their 40's, then suddenly the pounds started piling on yet there was no change in their diet.

Why is this? Why can I eat pretty much what I want and not put on weight? Why are their bodies so susceptable to weight gain compare with mine? Who knows, but it does go to show that there is more to being obese than simply over eating and not exercising (though I do agree that in many cases that is the primary problem).

The saddest thing though, is that my friends get labelled as 'fat slobs', 'lazy', 'greedy pigs', 'disgusting' etc. purely based on their physical appearance. If those aiming those comments at them could see how much they are trying to lose weight and how hurtful those comments are, perhaps they would take a different view. They are still human beings, and have emotions like all of us. Not all fat people should be stereotyped, which is what so many people wrongly do...

no I totally agree with that! but society today does judge people on their looks etc, I have poeple judge my size all my life and it does not help in the long run because u end up in a vicious cycle of feeling bad and overeating so even worse and then overeating cos u feel worse n the cycle moves round again, and again, it took me a long time to semi break free from the cycle to be able to loose weight and be healthier and I am not free of it today, it is still their in the back of my mind I will always be a fat person no matter what size i am, mayb not phyiscally but mentally, and that is where most people's weight matters are in their head.

But i have determination and support of good people including my family and friends and it also helps when one of my better friends is a gym instructor admittidly as he helps me focus when my exercise is sliding and also an areobics instructor as m8 who helps with my diet although he moved to eygpt and told me the day b4 he left although that's another story!!!! who helps me see the bigger picture of how far i have come when I have fat days, well even fatter days lol.:rolleyes:

Also it helps to no that whatever size you are there are people out there who can be with you for who you are and see beyond a few extra pounds that might be hanging around, for me that was saturday nite, but that's a whole other thread lol, i have lousy timing:mad:

people should not be judged on their size but for who they are(y)

Last edited:
I would just like to add, thought don't no y i didn't just edit my last post!!!

we are all human and we all hurt, we all cry, we all smile and we all do silly things to each other, but we are all human, so lets just try to get on with our lives and enjoy wot we have(y)

I'll just jump in here and add my view on dieting.

There are a few people who, like me are very badly educated on diet and can't do much about it. I think i only know a few healthy meals, salads just about my limit!!! If i knew more things to do i could eat better, but now its eat less move more!!!

You can't laugh at the guy, despite everything, how can you laugh at someone who needs to be cared for completely?? Just not right....

His carers need to help him, as he has to rely on them...

:peace:
charmed103 said:
I would just like to add, thought don't no y i didn't just edit my last post!!!

we are all human and we all hurt, we all cry, we all smile and we all do silly things to each other, but we are all human, so lets just try to get on with our lives and enjoy wot we have(y)

Absolutely!

Live and let live. Make love not war. Caring can make a difference. Thou shalt not judge :peace:

Have you seen that "Honey we're killing the kids"? Those parents, especially these days when childhood obesity is common, should be ashamed of themselves, as the poor children are almost helpless :(

I think in the case of most people who are trying to diet (Charmed has hit this point in her post) is that it is a bit psycological (sp?).
You do have to be determined and also not be put off if you don't drop 5lb every week or whatever. Charmed, you seem to be in a good place mentally right right now, so you're onto a winner. Keep at it, the results will show and you can be proud of what you've achieved (y)

Back