Snow thread 2013

Currently reading:
Snow thread 2013

Took this pic at the back of a friends house while waiting for her.

884980_10151574775404414_1920645167_o.jpg

My snow is pretty much gone except the big snow heaps in supermarket carparks etc

Ziggy

Still loads up on high ground. Was about 9-10 ft of snow at the Ponderosa up on the horseshoe pass. Looking out my loungeroom window there is still a bit still left on the hillside as well. We did have the worst of it up in anorth Wales though.

quite impressed with the snow banks, shows effort has actually been invested this time! The more we get, the more we will act. A lot of people are considering snow blowers, only £45 brand new from ebay, seen them in action in italy and are extremely useful.

Whilst we have a pic of a dog in the snow...

413880_3795543662190_1294681008_o.jpg

I'm just so envious. All we had was a light sprinkling the other week - heck, I've seen deeper dustings of icing sugar on cakes :D (and yet there were still cars sliding off the road & people moaning how the council don't do enough :eek:

Took pooch along the canal to Marsworth today, the sun was out & the temps really weren't that bad. You could almost believe that summer was just around the corner.

I'm just so envious. All we had was a light sprinkling the other week....

Took pooch along the canal to Marsworth today, the sun was out & the temps really weren't that bad. You could almost believe that summer was just around the corner.

We've still got snow on the hills, here in Middle England; and it's been sunny every day for just about a week, now.... Temperatures have struggled to get above one or two degrees, though; and we've had a bitter north-east wind.... :(

Roll on spring, please... -- I want to do some work on the car...! :bang:

Was up the Ashridge estate today, they'd obviously had some thick snow up there - still had some remnants where it had settled thickest.
There was a bitterly cold wind out of the woods & all day long I kept seeing the odd small flake coming down.
On the plus side, because the ground was still frozen it meant that the going was quite good in the places where you would normally be knee-deep in mud.
Pooch absolutely loved the snowy patches, he spent ages rolling around in it, good to see him so obviously enjoying his walk.

Back