Technical Slow picking up

Currently reading:
Technical Slow picking up

I also did a test at 2000rpm and it only went down to a steady 33kpa also did the same test but watching short term trim and it stayed at a steady -100% I’m not sure at all what’s going on. Thanks.
The OP is expressing concern about the -100 fuel trim.
A simple test that passes no exhaust gas over the O2 was suggested to test that.

To be fair none of us have seen any evidence it's added any meaningful fuel to the short trim no matter what has been tried.

As stated it's hardly turning positive even when an injector is unplugged and that cylinder is just pumping air into the exhaust and over the O2.
Yes it's taken away less, but it's at best evened out the trim with it unplugged.

I would think even a filthy rich engine would throw the trim over more positive if a 1/4 of it's total fueling was suddenly taken away like that.

Just as higher pressure in the intake causes the rich running at idle, a rich running engine will use less air so will cause less vacuum in the intake.

Last edited:
The OP is expressing concern about the -100 fuel trim.
A simple test that passes no exhaust gas over the O2 was suggested to test that.

To be fair none of us have seen any evidence it's added any meaningful fuel to the short trim no matter what has been tried.

As stated it's hardly turning positive even when an injector is unplugged and that cylinder is just pumping air into the exhaust and over the O2.
Yes it's taken away less, but it's at best evened out the trim with it unplugged.

I would think even a filthy rich engine would throw the trim over more positive if a 1/4 of it's total fueling was suddenly taken away like that.

Just as higher pressure in the intake causes the rich running at idle, a rich running engine will use less air so will cause less vacuum in the intake.
That’s correct and that was when the new working map sensor was fitter the picture on the scan tool that Koalar is referring to is the car’s original map sensor which is now back in the car. Thanks

No

About 25% more positive short + long is what you’d expect

Here someone unplugging an injector while the cars running

Hi,
I hope I'm not overloading this thread with info.
Engine at tdc cylinders 1 and 4.
Just took the pic attached of what to look for with valve cover removed , cylinder 1 or 4 should look as picture . The arrows are pointing at inlet and exhaust cam followers(buckets) both should be level with each other. If there is an obvious difference the valve timing is incorrect.
The pic isn't a fiat engine but it is similar valve train type-only engine I had available today with that type of valve train type 😀

20230306_141423.jpg

It’s been a while now and the panda is still running the same with the same negative fuel trims. At least it hasn’t broke down yet and my daughter is driving it daily. I just wanted to thank everyone for there time and comments on this as I do appreciate it.

Back