General Rear Beam given up.

Currently reading:
General Rear Beam given up.

The biggest headache fitting EGR was getting that nasty hinged clamp to fit the flared hot pipe. It’s like a tiny version of the horrors we used to have on British car exhausts. It’s really hard to keep the pipe ends aligned while doing up the bolt.

This was with the engine OUT OF THE CAR. I can’t imagine the struggle underneath the inlet manifold.

My solution would be to block the exhaust gas supply either at exhaust manifold or at the large diameter flange on side of EGR. That will throw up error codes. But there are solutions for that but you can buy kits purposely drilled for the job.
I've done nothing with the egr valve. It could need a push to free it off a little - couldn't get my head around where to move it. Never bothered with egr cleaning sprey so maybe not needing a new value. Car was driving fine with no smoke trails before the beam went so the error code was more of an annoyance than a stuck fully open valve i guess.

Anyone trying to get a handle on what this might be worth once repaired may want to watch this listing and see where it ends up next Monday evening.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Back