General Fiat Panda Oscillation... Upon starting reves up to 4000 rpm then Oscillates between 1200 and 1500 rpm

Currently reading:
General Fiat Panda Oscillation... Upon starting reves up to 4000 rpm then Oscillates between 1200 and 1500 rpm

CindyCK

Hi guys, please help 😩
My Fiat Panda 1.2 made a rattling noise on my way home one evening. Then I smelt heat, but heat gauge showed normal.
Panda lost power on axcelleration so I pulled into a Petrol station. Engine was extremely hot and upon investigation the water bottle bone dry and the water pipe entering the radiator was off. After repairing the pipe and putting in water, upon starting my Panda reves up to 4000 rpm and then oscillates between 1200 and 1500 rpm by itself. What could be wrong 😭🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Air filter off

Put your hand over the throttle body and see if the engine stops immediately
Hi Koalar
I did that, engine doesn't stop. Cleaned the Throttle Body in case it's clogged. Then we put it back and plugged in the sensors. Before plugging in the MAP sensor, the Panda's idling stabilises, when MAP Sensor plugged in, it starts Oscillating again. We took our friend's Panda's complete Throttle Body and put it into my Panda...
Makes no difference 🤷🏻‍♀️

Hi Koalar
I did that, engine doesn't stop. Cleaned the Throttle Body in case it's clogged. Then we put it back and plugged in the sensors. Before plugging in the MAP sensor, the Panda's idling stabilises, when MAP Sensor plugged in, it starts Oscillating again. We took our friend's Panda's complete Throttle Body and put it into my Panda...
Makes no difference 🤷🏻‍♀️
We also had a diagnostic done, shows no Electrical Problem.

The inlet manifold is melted

It will need replacing or repairing

You will know more after it's been removered

There some metal inserts, if they have pulled through you might get away with filing them flush

The inlet manifold is melted

It will need replacing or repairing

You will know more after it's been removered

There some metal inserts, if they have pulled through you might get away with filing them flush
Thank you so much for the advice Koalar I appreciate you.
I'll convey this message to my Boyfriend. Enjoy a Beautiful Blessed Day/Evening.

Here's a video of a badly melted manifold

Hopefully your will just be the brass insets that have pulled through

And here's one that's salvageable

Unfortunately when the coolant temperature sensor runs dry, the gauge reads normal even when it's overheating

Fingers crossed its a simple fix

Reactions: ben
Back