Private Number Plates - Cool or Uncool?

Currently reading:
Private Number Plates - Cool or Uncool?

Private number plates are......

• Total voters
They are all compensation for erm... a lacking in other departments.

I particularly like the ones where they have to stick screws all over the place and use weird characters to try and make it look like something. Even then you often need to squint to work it out.

Viz magazine top tip: It's cheaper to change your name to match your plate than to buy a plate with your name on - Mr V472KGM.

I thought that was having a big car, that made up for the wee c0ck syndrome;)

I thought that was having a big car, that made up for the wee c0ck syndrome;)

see, and thats why so many :tosser:'s in bmw's and jags cut us centos up, totaly jealousy.

we have no inadequacy fears

ive been called a d**k by many bmw drivers, they like proving my point.

it's also why girls like male cento drivers ;) (in my dreams)

see, and thats why so many :tosser:'s in bmw's and jags cut us centos up, totaly jealousy.

we have no inadequacy fears

ive been called a d**k by many bmw drivers, they like proving my point.

it's also why girls like male cento drivers ;) (in my dreams)

Jings you're never too old to learn....:D I will certainly take all that on board:chin:

seen on the way home from the ring......
IMG_01921.JPG

:D

Last edited:
it's a bit uncool. i immediately think "cockhead" when i see a private number plate. and there's plenty round here.

tbh... if you have money and are stuck for a birthday present for your son/daughter/wife/husband etc they can be cool (y)

my mum and dad have had the same one about 10-15 years :)

im on the lookout for one when i have money that has the letters...

WAA

or

JFL

although

J05HU4

would be nice :devil:

in my opinion, a lot depends on how "proper" they are, if spelling names / words. (ie, no mis-spacing / illicit usage of screwcaps).

if discreet and subtle, (proper spacing or tidy intials etc) i think they are quite cool (naturally, i've got to say that....).

oh, and mine were cut off on the wedding day, so no machismo left to prove ;-)

tbh... if you have money and are stuck for a birthday present for your son/daughter/wife/husband etc they can be cool (y)

my mum and dad have had the same one about 10-15 years :)

im on the lookout for one when i have money that has the letters...

WAA

or

JFL

although

J05HU4

would be nice :devil:

I knew someone scrapping A 'L' reg fourtrac with JFL on the end of the plate last year (was L105 JFL or something like that)

I witnessed an accident on Sunday, the car had a personalised plate which was ever so easy to remember - T9 WUF
Of course, the driver denied it - reversed out of his drive & hit the side of a car with the corner of his - but he did it in front of half a dozen witneses!
The plate is just too easy to remember.

Last edited:
I think some Northern Irish plates are OK; BAZ - Barry, MAZ - Mary etc. For me, the worst are plates that are obviously not age related to the vehicle, for instance, a new model Bravo with a (for argument's sake) P prefix and the remainder being 857 JSG, therefore, P857JSG.

Underneath in small letters it reads. John Stephen Green. It's obvious to almost anyone that it's a personal plate as they didn't make new Bravos at the time the P prefix was issued that it's a personal plate. If you've got to explain it by having your name printed underneath, then you've wasted your money.

Back