Private Number Plates - Cool or Uncool?

Currently reading:
Private Number Plates - Cool or Uncool?

Private number plates are......

• Total voters
Why? What does it matter what it means to others, its your car so as long as you know what it means.

In the case of our NI plate I know 'KDZ' means absoloutly faf all :p
That's my point you silly Panda collector. If you have a plate that includes your initials, but just looks like any other, for instance, not CHR1S, or MAG1C or COM1C or BOB81E or LAD1Y, then it would show a bit of class if you didn't have to explain it. In other words, it's your plate so it can be your secret. If you've got to explain it you're are just saying that you're too poor to afford a decent one.

That's my point you silly Panda collector. If you have a plate that includes your initials, but just looks like any other, for instance, not CHR1S, or MAG1C or COM1C or BOB81E or LAD1Y, then it would show a bit of class if you didn't have to explain it. In other words, it's your plate so it can be your secret. If you've got to explain it you're are just saying that you're too poor to afford a decent one.

or hiding the age of a car, they don't have to mean anything to be a proper plate

In all honesty, I cannot see the sense in wasting money transferring a plate. Every car number plate is already (supposedly) unique anyway.

See my reply to the beard below

yeah i've got an irish one on the RS, how annoying is it when people are like.. what does it mean? lmao
Yea, lol.

TBH the real reason why it got transfered to the mk3 is Security.

It only came with one of the two keys when we brought it, meaning who ever has that other one (and I've tried tracing it through previous owner) can if they felt like it track the car down and pinch it. With another plate on the car though the car won't be recongnised that easily and will be harder to trace (y)

£80 transfer fee was alot cheaper than £500+ for new lock and imobiliser system to be fitted for piece of mind.

Also, NI plate came with previous car as it was origionally registered in NI, so was it still making us look poor? It's just a plate that means nothing, and because that's obvious and I've no problem admitting that, atleast I don't look like a cock who's stuck screws in certain places ;)

Also, anyone who knows me will know what my initials are, so I won't need to explain it. My friend has his initials on his plate that his grandad has brought him, and I knew what his initials are, and so didn't need to ask what it ment.

I witnessed an accident on Sunday, the car had a personalised plate which was ever so easy to remember - T9 WUF
Of course, the driver denied it - reversed out of his drive & hit the side of a car with the corner of his - but he did it in front of half a dozen witneses!
The plate is just too easy to remember.
Eh.... exactly my point, more or less what I was saying, about this sort of situation...

Eh.... exactly my point, more or less what I was saying, about this sort of situation...

That scenario has the prerequisite that you are a cnut in the first place and would drive away from an accident....

i bought my son one for his 18th nothing fancy just his initials and year of his creation, but i do have one on my bike ends in KAW seeing as its a Kawasaki the
only problem with it is i fancy a Triumph next

Unless you are in the USA where it really is a personal plate, this is what I think of them with our stupid yellow and black with bits of tape, ugly fonts, black screw caps, and the rest of the crap.......

80LL OKS

If I was to go the private plate route I'd want ones that match for both cars, which limits my options due to the 126 being an A-reg so I vote rubbish due to not being able to find any that I like. Also, for the money involved I'd rather buy something which will make the car go faster/handle better.

um...no comment

Attachments

• Clean Abarth Panda 001.jpg
    Clean Abarth Panda 001.jpg
    665.4 KB · Views: 25
  • DSC09924.JPG
    DSC09924.JPG
    62.3 KB · Views: 19
  • DSC00479.JPG
    DSC00479.JPG
    282.8 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC00533.JPG
    DSC00533.JPG
    215.4 KB · Views: 13
  • P1010311 copy.JPG
    P1010311 copy.JPG
    249.4 KB · Views: 16
The DVLA keep back any good ones - either to sell or to not issue if offensive.

The daftest I read of was in somewhere in scotland where "SN" is their prefix. They wouldn't issue SN07 plates as it was too much like "SNOT", and used TN07 instead - the only plates in scotland that don't begin with an "S".

It's a shame you can't see someone in a pink jeep driving down Brighton prom with AR53FUN.

I'm sure I've seen POO before though.

The DVLA keep back any good ones - either to sell or to not issue if offensive.

The daftest I read of was in somewhere in scotland where "SN" is their prefix. They wouldn't issue SN07 plates as it was too much like "SNOT", and used TN07 instead - the only plates in scotland that don't begin with an "S".

It's a shame you can't see someone in a pink jeep driving down Brighton prom with AR53FUN.

I'm sure I've seen POO before though.

My cousin had CUM on her numberplate......

Back