pot hole damage.. will council pay up?

Currently reading:
pot hole damage.. will council pay up?

Your pretty much going to get nowhere unless you can prove that it was a poor repair.

Unrepaired potholes come under road wear and tear, you dont really have any chance to claim anything at all.

Under my experience that simply isn't true. It's all to do with if someone has reported it and the time taken from that time to repair.

I got an out of court settlement (for the cost of repair) for one case and the other is going to small claims court.

At the end of the day there shouldn't be any "main" road in Britain in this state according to how much the British motorist forks out for the privilege amongst the highest charges in the world. The government need to get this insane idea out of their heads that everyone should be using public transport. Simply not practical anywhere except the biggest cities.

Last edited:
I had to change a tyre because of a bulge, failed the MOT (i forgot it was still on) its in the boot as a spare at the moment untill i get round to either changing it, or putting one of my other wheels in....
People have been killed and maimed by damaged car tyres exploding, I would very carefully deflate it or never open the boot again ;).

http://news.stv.tv/scotland/east-ce...in-dies-after-car-tyre-explodes-in-her-hands/

Good luck with the council claim, my girlfriend just paid £500+ repair bill for pot hole damage to her car (n) just a few days after paying road tax.

Last edited:
The government need to get this insane idea out of their heads that everyone should be using public transport. Simply not practical anywhere except the biggest cities.

But the policy decision makers all live & work in London which has a good public transport system so they dont have a clue about the realities for real people.

Its interesting though how the RCT area (Rhondda Valley) which gets massive public subsidy has much crappier roads than Stafford which is about UK average for central funding.

Last edited:
Back