Votes: 22 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
no because wait something the negotiator said often which pissed me rite off but here makes perfect sense 'an eye for an eye and the world goes blind' i wouldnt want ppls deaths on my conscience and if i voted yes they partly would be. murder even of murderers is never the answer, although i do think the judicial stystem needs a good boot up the ass

Damn straight girl!

I'm getting fed up of hearing sentences are reduced to cut down prison size. Well Mr Blair, I have a better answer:

Shoplifting: 25 years

Assualt: 30 Years

Theft of a Motor vehicle: 30 Years

Criminal Damage: 25 Years

Murder: UNTIL THEY DIE IN A CELL

Sorted,

Right, read the whole thread and still havent changed my mind.

I read not too long ago about prison boats. EH?! I couldn't care less if theres overcrowding in our prisons, as long as the walls are thick enough to keep them in I couldn't give a crap.

It's sad, you can't even trust these people to clean up a road side without one of them doing something. (like say, kicking a car that has already been written off) It's a habit, like biting your finger nails etc...yeah gross and totally not on the same wave length I knowm but ask anyone who does and they'll say 'I don't WANT to do it, I just do'. Though some of these scum have gone so far that their deeds are their life.

These people are the exact same, mentally unstable. I think most people who get let off through being found 'mentally unstable' is the biggest load of crap. I said most for a reason as there is the small minority who may not actually know what they're doing, to which this will apply...I hope that makes sense...

Capital punishment does not solve anything. As many have said, have the 'life sentence, life served' rule. as well as take away all privilages, even a proper bed (plank of wood would do nicely, with a sheet)

This 'pocket money' mallarky they get in prison, they have no right to it at all. It's not in the slightest bit helpful for a lost love one but that 'pocket money' should go to the families of the victim.

The other thing is, I can't actually believe the amount of people on here who strongly believe how many wrongly convicted people are actually sentenced! The court has enough problems trying to convict someone who is actually guilty! Let alone someone who was totally unaware of the situation!

Last thing. I read in the paper one guy who was sentenced for murder, for four years I think. His words after conviction 'I'll be out in no time'. Now I think about it I'm 95% sure what I said in entirely false in terms of accuracy, however the statement was one of pure mockery of the justice system

Sorry for the length!

JjPhoenix said:
...something the negotiator said often which pissed me rite off but here makes perfect sense 'an eye for an eye and the world goes blind' ...
Paul said it, but Mahatma Gandhi got there first. ;)
I still think that depriving criminals of their liberty is the answer.
H

Hi everybody im back after not being here bout 6 days! and what a great topic to get into!(y)
My sentiments - bring back the death penalty but give em 25yrs to rot first and try and pull the wool over do gooders eyes and prove there inocence.LOL. If after 25yrs they cant prove their innocent then theyd probably welcome death anyway.
Cant find someone to do the job?...................Look no further, Im your man! I,ll supply my own rope and weapons of torture, i wont retire, i,ll be providing a service possibly entertainment and i,ll let my public decide how they should enter hell. Do you think thats awfull? Well let me tell you something that might make you think, Its amazing how your attitude can change when you experience first hand the loss of a family mmbr at the hands of callous, cold blooded murderers. Try to imagine what youd feel like if you seen it happen and they only got 15yrs (life) and were let out after 7 1/2 yrs for good behaviour(dont make me laf).
I only hope youre not ever put in that position.
You can call me sick, depraved, no better than them, whatever takes your fancy i dont care. I feel that after 25yrs , if not proven innocent they should be killed very slowly and painfully just like their victims.
But what alot of you are basically saying is " nahh, its ok if they murdered some victim 8yrs ago, they can come and move in next door to me theyve done their time and paid their debt to society. i have no problem with my children playing in the street while hes here"! BOL**KS
Please put it into perspective!!:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

MATT 68 said:
But what alot of you are basically saying is " nahh, its ok if they murdered some victim 8yrs ago, they can come and move in next door to me theyve done their time and paid their debt to society. i have no problem with my children playing in the street while hes here"! BOL**KS
Matt, I'm sorry for your loss, but I haven't read a single comment here that says that. What I have seen comments (including my own) saying is that the sentencing is too lenient (personally I think murderers shouldn't be out in 7.5 years), but that torturing and murdering isn't a desirable answer to the problem.
H

MATT 68 said:
Hi everybody im back after not being here bout 6 days! and what a great topic to get into!(y)
My sentiments - bring back the death penalty but give em 25yrs to rot first and try and pull the wool over do gooders eyes and prove there inocence.LOL. If after 25yrs they cant prove their innocent then theyd probably welcome death anyway.
Cant find someone to do the job?...................Look no further, Im your man! I,ll supply my own rope and weapons of torture, i wont retire, i,ll be providing a service possibly entertainment and i,ll let my public decide how they should enter hell. Do you think thats awfull? Well let me tell you something that might make you think, Its amazing how your attitude can change when you experience first hand the loss of a family mmbr at the hands of callous, cold blooded murderers. Try to imagine what youd feel like if you seen it happen and they only got 15yrs (life) and were let out after 7 1/2 yrs for good behaviour(dont make me laf).
I only hope youre not ever put in that position.
You can call me sick, depraved, no better than them, whatever takes your fancy i dont care. I feel that after 25yrs , if not proven innocent they should be killed very slowly and painfully just like their victims.

I man after my own heart put the B******** down like the filth they are and i make no appology for my opinion I just have had enough of the way each government in this country have pandered to the criminals and the victims get pushed one side is this the great BRITISH JUSTICE we have to put up with (n) well its about time it was all changed.

right, this ones quite a sensative one...

...how wrong could this go? what if someone jumps out infront of you while your driving, or even the passenger in the car? couln't you then end up dead?

who's to make the descision to who can live and who should die? in my personal opinion you should choose your own fate, and what idiot decided its illegal to take your own life?

maybe bringing back the death sentance isnt such a great idea but i do agree we need more to be done, the buggers around here will goto jail for a few months come out and be back in within the week for stabbing/raping someone! i'd love to take a baseball bat to their heads and i know many others would aswell, its got to the point of putting our foots down when their in the road...

prehaps public humiliation would help? stand them infront of thousands and tv cameras and make them feel so small.

tourture seems liek a good idea, but it wouldnt be fair to let 1 person have all the fun, how about let everyone who comes along have a go?

an eye for an eye, just for hurting another or for anything you do wrong? what would the punishment be for speeding? would it still be points and a fine?

arc said:
no, everyone is saying life should mean just that. Life rotting in a cell or put to death.

they arent tho are they arc? I dont see everyone saying put em to death! I agree life should be LIFE but it never will be and anyway why should you and i have to pay for their upkeep, t.v.s, luxurys etc. Prison should be a punishment not a bloody glorified B&B the only difference being you cant get out!
Prison should be 4 stone walls, no heating, no air conditioning, no flash meals( Including xmas meals), no luxurys whatsoever(including cigarettes), No degrees or diplomas etc. I,m aware that education some will say is important to re model prisoners but they wont be leaving prison if thelife sentence meant life.

In answer to bulldog.Hitting someone in your car accidently is not murder its manslaughter as its not pre-meditated. As for speeding LOL, i dunno what do you think? a birching in a footie stdm at half time? might improve attendancies! it also may be a bit more entertaining than some of the matches!! LOL:D

if you set out to run someone over and do and they die then its most definitly not manslaughter :p sorry getting pickey now!
*back to topic*

I think Matt had that point already covered... :)
MATT 68 said:
Hitting someone in your car accidently is not murder its manslaughter...
Here's a theoretical one for you... If someone tries to kill themselves by jumping off a motorway bridge, and they don't die when they hit the tarmac, but you hit them 2 seconds later, are you liable for manslaughter? :confused:
H

oops should read the posts properly!!

I wouldnt say it was manslaughter as you didnt intend to harm the person (intent to at least cause some injury to a person is required for the mens rea of manslaughter)

Eg. You intend to break Freds leg, you break his leg and he dies. Manslaughter? Yes

In cases that have a 100% conviction and no chance of mistake then why not ?
In cases where people are not capable of rehabilitation ie pedophiles then why should the risk of them reoffending be allowed.

They cost honest decent law abiding people money every year just so they can have 3 meals a day, a bed, clothing, sky tv, etc - homeless people have it worse.

Back