Votes: 22 53.7%
  • No

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Not Sure

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Surley if you think the solution to serious crimes is just to kill the offenders then you are showing a complete lack of being able to think of other more suitable or ethical solutions to the problems. A nice quick easy solution - kill them all? Leaves a bad taste in my mouth for sure. I'm glad you aren't 'governing' our country.

The government can do policies legislation they want. If we dont like it, we vote for a new government. Judges however we cant vote for and dont vote for, so they shouldnt have power to decide things, only to act upon what is already in law. Sadly this isnt the case

steve1219 said:
sorry Phil but if in your view we have to string people up to be a great country I suggest you emigrate to Iran you can have a weekly
show there. :p

Steve

Once again out of context Steve If you take a life then you should be prepared to die for the crime you have comitted :) In many Arab countries that is the norm they are a barbaric people and have no respect for human life whether you have comitted a crime or not

PNL said:
you have taken that out of context you murder and you should die for taking a life:)

Rubbish! No I haven't - you are saying that if people kill then they should give the state the power to kill them - do you want the govenment to have that much control over you?
Thats exactly what you and the pro-capital punishment camp are saying.

mase said:
a question that hasnt been asked yet....

if u dont think murderers should be face death for dealing death to others, wat do u think is a fitting punishment?

Hey hang on, this isn't about me :p I don't have to answer... do I?

joker said:
another bit to ad with the originall question and story....why let convicted immergrints stay in the uk? if they face the death sentence or jail in there home countries why flee to uk. Some thing really does need doing with the goverment. It said on the news the 2 of the blokes where illegally in the uk and all except 1 was on probation. IF THEY ARE WANTED IN THERE COUNTRY KICK THEM BACK TO IT BEFORE THINGS LIKE THAT HAPPEN. BRITISH PEOPLE CANT TAKE REFUGE IN THERE COUNTRIES:bang:

Totaly agree (y)

just my opinion which if i remember right we still are entitled to one... if you kill in cold blood you deserve to get the death sentence. rapists and child molestores should be castrated:slayer:

other countries chop your hands or feet off just for steeling bread.

most criminals in the uk just get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.(n)

HardBoiledEgg said:
Rubbish! No I haven't - you are saying that if people kill then they should give the state the power to kill them - do you want the govenment to have that much control over you?
Thats exactly what you and the pro-capital punishment camp are saying.

The government already have power over you have you been hibernating for the last centry LOL and the death penalty was only thrown out because of two many tree huggers in government

at the end of the day can u say do two wrongs make a right?

i have people taken from my life violently, and i mean murdered and they have found the persons responsible and never been bought to justice, i cant say what the answer if but is taking another human life always right and as pointed out b4 what about if youhave the wrong person?

dna can be manipulated not saying it ever has b4 anyone says

i am not saying i have the answer i am just saying i have expereinced loss like that

Last edited:
at least if the goverment had the power to do that i think the streets would be a place you could walk again, instead of ppl walking in fear from gangs etc

joker said:
just my opinion which if i remember right we still are entitled to one... if you kill in cold blood you deserve to get the death sentence. rapists and child molestores should be castrated:slayer:

other countries chop your hands or feet off just for steeling bread.

most criminals in the uk just get a slap on the wrist and told not to do it again.(n)

Good grief... if you kill in cold blood? Who decides what exactly 'cold blood' is? And when it's decided, hey Mr.Tony Blair you have the permission to kill me! Arnold Swarzenegger, former Mr Universe, former Hollywood actor has that power - crazy!

As for "most criminals in the uk get a slap on the wrist" I think thats a rather generous stretching and distorting of the actual truth - don't you?

joker said:
at least if the goverment had the power to do that i think the streets would be a place you could walk again, instead of ppl walking in fear from gangs etc

Damn right well said (y)

PNL said:
The government already have power over you have you been hibernating for the last centry LOL and the death penalty was only thrown out because of two many tree huggers in government

I said the power to kill me, not power in general as what you are suggesting. I haven't been hibernating the last century as I'm not that old :p

I did chuckle at the tree huggers comment though ;)

I will pull back from any more posting on this subject, something I have learned over the years people on either side of the argument only see what they want to prove their point so the argument is never ending(n)

But I must have one last word :) so if a person say from China who because of his political stance as anti government is liable to 25yrs inside if he goes home we just sent him does show up the short sighted views of the more right leaning part of the population. :p

Steve

HardBoiledEgg said:
Good grief... if you kill in cold blood? Who decides what exactly 'cold blood' is? And when it's decided, hey Mr.Tony Blair you have the permission to kill me! Arnold Swarzenegger, former Mr Universe, former Hollywood actor has that power - crazy!

As for "most criminals in the uk get a slap on the wrist" I think thats a rather generous stretching and distorting of the actual truth - don't you?

OK try two wrists then if that pleases you (n)

joker said:

Huh!! You seem too trusting then, I would be walking the streets in fear of a government/police type set up and then have my life taken away from me with my consent!

Think about it, there are plenty of criminals out there that the government and agents of social control , i.e the Police, want off the streets or off the planet - what better way than this, the public giving their consent that is they break a law then they are consenting to their death. How conveinient.
Where will they draw the line? At murder and paedophilia or for violent fights, domestic abuse, sexual assualts? Who will get to decide what constitutes a crime requiring the death of the offender?

i just dont think innocent law obiding citizens who work for living to enjoy there life and families should have to suffer from other peoples arrogance and little respect for other life.

end of day i think this thread has had more talking about death sentence than what the goverment have ever had:slayer:

Nobody who abides by the law should suffer from those who dont, but you have to tackle the problem. Unfortunatly the courts/government view is rehabilitation into society, yet in the past month how many cases have there been brought up where people have been killed, raped, assaulted by those who are undertaking some sort of rehabilitation programme or another whether it be community service, probation etc etc

Back