Photographic Sub-Section

Currently reading:
Photographic Sub-Section

Should the Leisure Lounge have a Photographic subsection?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Photography isnt just asking about cameras. all photoshop and image resizing etc is all covered under the same topic. Call you what you want but its still a photographic subsection.

(n) Might as well lock this thread steve. Its a waste of everyones time by the looks of it. Majority vote is still for the subsection but we all know it wont happen...

i wouldnt go saying it'll never happen just yet, well i know there is predominantly mods against this but id like to think that isnt gonna change the outcome over regular members, ben will decide weather its a good idea or not in the end and if we get it then great, but if not we'll live on.,
but i think it would be a good idea,

its suprising the amount of missunderstandings in this thread so far, there have been arguements for both yes and no but not enough to justify it being closed surely?., we should make points and debate it rather saying "let ben dicide", which he will anyway, but theres no harm in debating the pro's and cons of it in the meantime.,(y)

Oh and boo only voted NO out of spite.,lol., said so on MSN.,:p :devil:

A search on Google shows over 60 million results for photogrphy forum. Personally I don't feel that you get the best out of a forum unless you can attract a substantial base of users, with at least a few regular users knowing their stuff inside out.
Also, there are two possible ways to vote yes, but only one to vote no. There's no option for "I like photography, but would look for advice on a dedicated photography forum".
Also, the leisure lounge might be the busiest section here because it's not model-specific, so most people look here (except Classic Panda people ;)). Also, it's 90% junk!

Photography isnt just asking about cameras. all photoshop and image resizing etc is all covered under the same topic. Call you what you want but its still a photographic subsection.

(n) Might as well lock this thread steve. Its a waste of everyones time by the looks of it. Majority vote is still for the subsection but we all know it wont happen...

In your first post it mention nothing about photshop image re-sizing bit. I am not trawling through 6 pages to see if you have mentioned it though.

Yes to photographic/digital enhancing sub-section, you see posts asking for photoshop help and can you put these wheels on my car(y)

No to just a show me your camera sub-section. It wouldnt get the traffic. We not a geek site

No need to lock the thread.

okay i wasnt going to post on this thread again but i will as i feel i need to.

as i said at the start I(not fiat forum) stated that i wasnt for it however if the majority wanted it and there would be demand/use then great.
it doesnt matter who is fro or against in respect of their position on the forum,in the end we are all 'users' and can only voice opinions not 'force' an issue.
Bens well aware he needs to be aware of FF'ers wishes and where applicable try and cater for them.

however as stated the voting options are biased but more so we have an undertone of them and us on the thread??? yet i am entitled to 1 vote like everyone else and can voice my opinions like everyone else,or can I?

is it fair that anyone who doesnt vote the 'correct' way is subject to a witch hunt? for example the vote and people on the thread expecting(demanding?)a reason for the 'wrong' choice. a public vote was chosen so why the need for a reason?

Last edited:
How are the voting options biased? There are 2 yesses with different replies and a No so you post your own reply. There is nothing stopping you or discouraging you from pressing no, therefore they are no biased. its not as if ive not given a No option.

Photography covers a wide range of subjects including photo manipulation and editing as well as cameras and equipment. Appologies if you couldnt work this out yourself but did you really think this section would be limited to questions about cameras only? :rolleyes:

Noone is demanding a reason for a no vote. it would just be nice to find out the reasons why people dont want what we want. Noone is forced to post a reason and alot havent.

Hmm.....not this isn't playing the Mod card, or anything, but a pure observation - 2 thirds of the 'No's are mods/admin. Make of that what you will, but the majority of the mods are against it. Pure and simple observation - I'm sure they have their reasons, which have been aired and discussed.

Myself? I see it as a potentially worthwhile addition if you have stuff like Photoshop requests etc. in there as well. People are forever taking pics of their cars, themselves, etc etc. I don't think it'll clutter the LL - we're talking what, less than extra inch of space? TBH, I think that's hardly cluttering.

The voting options, IMO, are fair. OK, there are 2 yes options to 1 no option. The point is this: you can't split a no vote can you? If you vote no, then you don't want it. HOWEVER, if you vote yes, then you can split it into 'I would find a use for it' and 'I think it'll be good for the forum, but not necessarily for me'. If anyone has any ideas of how to split it so there are 2 No options, then speak up :)

it could be worded so the 3rd vote is moot as in no comment.as it is its yes,no comment but yes or no.
im not even that interested in the vote as ive said(yet the fact im a mod seems an issue still???) more the whole tone of this thread.
my reasons seem irrelivent even though i have stated them over and over,you seem more interested in my vote and forum 'status' over my opinion.
so every time you say oh the 'mods' vote no its playing the mod card as i have said.
if i look at the votes i see 6 to 3 on the mods so what the mods voting yes and not in on the conspiricy? or the fact they have voted in a way that matches yours make their opinion their own and mine a group action?

As already stated. I asked for the reason on the No option because it is useful to find out why people dont want it. No one has been forced to post a response.

I could be made so No doesnt require a reason but why should it? if your going to vote then you must have a reason... so post it? There are people here that want this section and if someones going to vote againced it then im sure they would like to know why.

This is my last reply on the subject.

it could be worded so the 3rd vote is moot as in no comment.as it is its yes,no comment but yes or no.

If you have no comment, then where would the point be in voting? :confused:

if i look at the votes i see 6 to 3 on the mods so what the mods voting yes and not in on the conspiricy? or the fact they have voted in a way that matches yours make their opinion their own and mine a group action?

Never said or attempted to imply any conspiracy, I was stating a clear observation.

As already stated. I asked for the reason on the No option because it is useful to find out why people dont want it. No one has been forced to post a response.

I could be made so No doesnt require a reason but why should it? if your going to vote then you must have a reason... so post it? There are people here that want this section and if someones going to vote againced it then im sure they would like to know why.

Actually someone did get upset at me for not posting in the thread itself and said that my vote should therefore be disregarded. That's irrelevant to the topic but since you brought it up again, I'm responding to it.

Can someone lock this?

This is getting really stupid and i'm really disappointed in how some people are behaving and how immature they are being. i'd like to think that we could work this out, with out people basically bitching at each other.

Theres be alot of argument provoking which wasn't needed at all in this thread. a simple vote followed by a decision,

For what it's worth, i like daves idea of not simply calling it a "Photographic" thread, that way photographic people will still post in the section but people who need photoshop advice etc will know where to get hold of people.

But if this is going to keep getting like a schoolyard argument, then i dont want to be a part of it.
:)

Owen

Can someone lock this?

This is getting really stupid and i'm really disappointed in how some people are behaving and how immature they are being. i'd like to think that we could work this out, with out people basically bitching at each other.

Theres be alot of argument provoking which wasn't needed at all in this thread. a simple vote followed by a decision,

For what it's worth, i like daves idea of not simply calling it a "Photographic" thread, that way photographic people will still post in the section but people who need photoshop advice etc will know where to get hold of people.

But if this is going to keep getting like a schoolyard argument, then i dont want to be a part of it.
:)

Owen

no need to lock IMHO,im happy to argue my point or in this case defend it.
i think some people need to see the difference or argueing a point & bitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back