Would you be willing to submit your locality to a public database?

Currently reading:
Would you be willing to submit your locality to a public database?

As in the message

• No I would not include myself in this database

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • I would want to or be willing to include myself in this database

Votes: 27 87.1%

• Total voters
For those guys that have been in the thread, you will understand but if not, here is the lowdown.

Some of us think it would be cool to have some kind of map/database with peoples nearest town/city stored by region. The purpose of this is so that regional meets can be made easier etc...

What do you think of the idea? Would you be willing to submit this small amount of detail?

Before you vote, take a look at the thread if you are not familiar...
https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=22109

(Your username will not be attached to your vote)

could be ok i guess if you live somewhere where a major city is all thats in it like nottighamshire or leicestershire etc but in places like West Yorkshire, it might be a bit vague. Lots of major towns and cities (Leeds, Bradford, Huddersfield, Brighouse, Dewsbury etc).

Nearest town/city could be optional. I mean if we did this, it would have to be supported by a decent majority so it could be that you could only submit just a region (Yorkshire) or a region and county (West Yorkshire) or region, county and nearest town/city (Huddersfield).

It would work best if you had a person doing each region.

People could then submit a more detailed description of where they are if hey want to...?

I would offer to do Staffs but i know nothing about computers so it might be a bit pointless me doing it lol :D

If you want to use the forum location field then Ben would need to be involved for either an initial data dump or to manage a link.

Otherwise it would be someone who is willing to put the time and effort into running a separate database and who all the people who wish to participate accept.

hmm, using some kind of link system between the field on the left would be handy and save a lot of time, and a qwik way to get ppl on the database who want to be and others who dont.

Ben? U there?

Is it possible to give users with a post count above a certain amount or members who have been registered over a set amount of months access to the part of this site that the map info is on?

This would make it exclusive to members who would use the data properly, if it can be done.

Back