Technical Panda 4x4 twinair - engine fail with no warning

Currently reading:
Technical Panda 4x4 twinair - engine fail with no warning

zilogx

My 2014 Panda twin air engine dies on me with out warning. Tends to happen within 10 mins of cold start, only error displayed is 'Stop Start not available'. when it fails, will turn over readily but won't fire. leave it a while and turn over with accelerator on the floor for a while, repeat a few times and eventually will restart. is then fine - until the next time.

When it's running - its fine and can be several days before it fails again. Engine reports no errors. on diagnostic. Battery tests fine and is less than a year old. engine stops while normal driving - ie not at a junction where you would expect S/S to operate.

Thoughts?

I would firstly remove and clean the filter in the Twinair unit. If you search on here there is a good post with how to do this and it looks straight forwards. I have posted a resource on here about the TA uit which may help. WHat oil are you using nad when was it changed last? HAs it got a full service history.

Have you also investigated the fuel pump pressure and fuel filters?

It sounds as if you need a dynamic ECU scan and to see what is going on. Maybe this would show something up.

Back