Technical 2015 twinair 4x4 exhaust renewal

Currently reading:
Technical 2015 twinair 4x4 exhaust renewal

Easydoesit

The time has come to replace the exhaust system front to rear...
Fiat just quoted £1000...
Can anyone suggest a better route or is it pay the man !

you could make it sound so nice with something from Ragazzon or SuperSprint after all that's what the twin air is about. If you had to spend 1000 on it anyway. That's insane they have to be charging for the cat with that? Did they say what exactly was being replaced?

https://keltecperformanceonlineshop.co.uk/product/fiat-panda-4x4-exhaust/ Quick google found this.

Hi no cat.... just one piece front to rear exhaust £700+ then remove old..fit new. And there's your grand...OH and if the old sensor doesn't come out that's another £130..!

The time has come to replace the exhaust system front to rear...
Fiat just quoted £1000...
Can anyone suggest a better route or is it pay the man !
A stailess system would be half that. I had a ball park quote from a place in Norwich last year. ALso there are some places now quoting for pattern parts.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Something does not add up

None of the TA exhaust are close to £700 on eper

Screenshot_20240313_135409.jpg

And £300 fitting for a worse case 30 minuite job

I don't get it

Get another quote

Hi koalar I don't get it either...but that's what saltford Fiat bath quoted today
So far I'm leaning towards the Keltec cat back ss system. but I would like to hear a forum review before committing to it.

Although they say 'Cat back', it's much more likely they will do it from the joint just forward of the flexi part. The cat itself is bolted direct to the manifold, with a series of wiggly bits between there and the flexi joint to fit round the engine etc. (That's where the eBay one that The Panda Nut mentions fits from too). If that's the case, then there's no sensors anywhere near that section so you should be fine :)

Last edited:

View attachment 440038

I don't get it

Get another quote
Fiat do ask about £950 for the whole lot not including the cat and front pipe. Its obscene. There are an increasing number of suppliers now. A year ago there were virtually none for the 4x4. WHo wants the whole exhaust in one piece anyway thats a joke, its for factory installation not for use as a spare. Maybe thats why the dont want to supply them and charge a fortune for getting them here. As wel all know fitting is not a big job and in abybodys book £50 would be more than enough to cover this at an honest garage. EPER is quite old now??

Fiat do ask about £950 for the whole lot not including the cat and front pipe. Its obscene. There are an increasing number of suppliers now. A year ago there were virtually none for the 4x4. WHo wants the whole exhaust in one piece anyway thats a joke, its for factory installation not for use as a spare. Maybe thats why the dont want to supply them and charge a fortune for getting them here. As wel all know fitting is not a big job and in abybodys book £50 would be more than enough to cover this at an honest garage. EPER is quite old now??
Three fiat dealers were quoting £500 plus fitting here

https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/t...st-fiat-dont-seem-to-have-them-either.488831/

I paid around £25 inclusive for each centre and rear for my 1,2

I bet if you dig around the exhaust is not unique, I have seen some ka mk2 with the longitudinal back boxes fitted and they never had a 4x4

No doubt if you crawled underneath and got the part number it could be cross reference for something cheaper

Just like the panda 100hp exhaust is expensive but the 500 1.4 isn't but fits

But someone has to be first to do the development work

View attachment 440038

I don't get it

Get another quote
Note, if you’re using the Forum version of ePER the prices are not up to date. Even so….

Three fiat dealers were quoting £500 plus fitting here

https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/t...st-fiat-dont-seem-to-have-them-either.488831/

I paid around £25 inclusive for each centre and rear for my 1,2

I bet if you dig around the exhaust is not unique, I have seen some ka mk2 with the longitudinal back boxes fitted and they never had a 4x4

No doubt if you crawled underneath and got the part number it could be cross reference for something cheaper

Just like the panda 100hp exhaust is expensive but the 500 1.4 isn't but fits

But someone has to be first to do the development work
I am more confident you can buy off the shelf now for sane money. Fiats parts prices are insane. Back in the 80s when Peugeot bought citroen thry realigned parts prices and reduced loads of Citroen spares prices. I was hoping thay Stellantis the stick insect might do the same. Surely they musy do something good?

For sure, you're going to have to buy an aftermarket exhaust if you want to avoid Fiat's outrageous parts prices.

Some are good, some are mediocre, some are absolute rubbish.

The biggest problem since Covid has been availability; these seem to go in and out of stock like the proverbial yo-yo. It's one of those purchasing jobs that's much easier if you're not trying to do it under pressure; if you know you've an exhaust replacement in the offing, start browsing the marketplace and if you see a decent deal, take it and store the parts until you need them.

If you wait until you absolutely must have a complete replacement exhaust by tomorrow for an MOT, you risk having to pay a lot of money for junk, simply because it's the only deal on offer on the day.

Guess how I know this :mad:

The days when you could wait until you needed something, secure in the knowledge that you could get one delivered by lunchtime for a fair price from the local factors have gone, perhaps forever,

I totally agree with the concensus, Fiat and the main dealers have us by the gonads...
They have already had me by them with my DMF.... they said £2500 which turned to £6000... I eventually got it all fixed for £1800...Long story... have zero respect for main dealers now though. as I already said the Keltec exhaust sounds like the way I'm going,

I did call powerflow about their ss system they quoted £550 to £1500 ! ....big jump...

I totally agree with the concensus, Fiat and the main dealers have us by the gonads...
They have already had me by them with my DMF.... they said £2500 which turned to £6000... I eventually got it all fixed for £1800...Long story... have zero respect for main dealers now though. as I already said the Keltec exhaust sounds like the way I'm going,

I did call powerflow about their ss system they quoted £550 to £1500 ! ....big jump...
Is that what it says...???

Oh my God...if you knew the whole story and their attitude ...you like I would lose faith in the product the brand and I love fiats i always have a fiat in some guise no matter what exotic (garage queen) i had in the garage.

Nope still don't get it, I not done a TA but is less than 10 minuites to drop a gearbox on the punto panda 169 with air tool and ramp

Anyhow getting back to the exhaust I probably fit one of these

Screenshot_20240314_203306.jpg

You normally go through more back box's than front pipes

There back box's are a similar price

Last edited:
Back