General TwinAir Trekking Exhaust - Fiat don't seem to have them either

Currently reading:
General TwinAir Trekking Exhaust - Fiat don't seem to have them either

Liteboy

Our TwinAir Trekking needs a new exhaust as it's rusty and rattling. I know that none of the big exhaust suppliers do one so I intend to either make one myself from stainless parts from Jetex or get one made. Just to get an idea of the cost difference I asked our local Fiat dealer for a price. They sent me pictures of three different systems they had listed but none are the same so they are scratching their heads. The system is definitely the original and consists of a flexi joint at the front then a plain pipe wends it's way to the back to a transverse rear silencer. The pipe is 45mm external diameter and also fitted to the 4x4. Has anyone got the Fiat part number or had one made?

That's interesting Fiat are telling me that's for the 1.2 petrol but thought that was odd as I didn't think they did a 1.2 Cross or 4x4. Wonder if the spec is out there somewhere?

Had a look on a few European sites and they all show it for the diesel 1.3 no mention of the petrol or twinair. I have emailed Fiat in Italy to see what they say. If that is the part number they want £500 plus fitting ?

Had a look on a few European sites and they all show it for the diesel 1.3 no mention of the petrol or twinair. I have emailed Fiat in Italy to see what they say. If that is the part number they want £500 plus fitting

Ah - hadn't realised that link I posted had remembered details of my car (RHD, 4x4, Diesel).

For the petrol Trekking with 0.9 TwinAir it shows part number 51927725 (https://fiat.7zap.com/en/gin/33/319160051870-012/102/58+10258-030+1-0/#5)

This German site suggests its about €280 https://italo-fahrzeugteile.de/Ersa...challdaempfer-Endschalldaempfer-51989560.html

Last edited:
Interestingly our exhaust looks like the diesel one as it has no centre silencer. Wonder if the factory fitted the wrong one during build. Would need to see the underside of another twinair trekking to be sure.

That's interesting Fiat are telling me that's for the 1.2 petrol but thought that was odd as I didn't think they did a 1.2 Cross or 4x4. Wonder if the spec is out there somewhere?

They didn't do a 1.2 Cross or 4x4, they did do a 1.2 FIRE City Cross which has now been replaced by the 1.0 3 cylinder Firefly Hybrid, which has the same looks of the Cross but is a standard front wheel drive setup, it also has the same exhaust, rear subframe & fuel tank as the Cross/4x4 as they have a slightly smaller 35 litre fuel tank because their rear subframes are slightly different compared to the standard car, ​the standard Panda(Pop,Easy & Lounge) have a 37 litre tank.

Standard Panda Rear subframe & exhaust setup

20210906_170100.jpg

Cross/City Cross(no diff/axles/propshaft)/4x4 rear subframe & exhaust setup

As the City Cross is front wheel drive it doesn't have the rear axles, differential & the prop shaft but they still have the same rear subframe, fuel tank & exhaust system as the Cross & the 4x4.

9900050A30200806W00158.jpg

Last edited:
Been under the car and found the part number on the system, 51888283, can't find it listed anywhere though.

Attachments

• Panda 0.9 Trekking Exhaust .jpg
    Panda 0.9 Trekking Exhaust .jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
The 4x4 exhaust is only available from Fiat, and do they know it!
£500 + fitted, I’m on exhaust number 3 at 49k no off-road use.
Full exhaust for a Subaru Legacy is £1100… but it lasted 16 years with many miles on forestry tracks.

Jeez!!! How the hell do they justify that? Wouldn't it be cheaper to have one made up?

Last edited:
Been quoted between £500 and £800 plus vat for a stainless steel one. Looked at other models of Panda to see if I could fit something else but the Trekking and 4x4 rear axle beam curves up and standard pandas are flat so there is no gap above the axle to route a standard panda exhaust.

After lots of digging about I have found an Italian exhaust manufacturer called MTS who actually make a pattern system for the car. Now got to find if anyone in the UK imports them.

I got an MTS branded rear pipe for my old 159 on eBay from a exhaust supplier called RSJ Exhausts, was a perfect fit and pretty reasonably priced (£106 Vs £500-odd at Alfa).

Might be worth speaking to them if they import MTS bits

For my 1.2 FWD, I ignored all aftermarket offerings, and had a stainless system made and fitted.
https://www.longlife.co.uk/
Have a look at those guys, hopefully a local franchise near you who can quote a sensible price. Even if a bit more expensive, it is done once, and for ever, and done now, rather than off road waiting for supply.

I got an MTS branded rear pipe for my old 159 on eBay from a exhaust supplier called RSJ Exhausts, was a perfect fit and pretty reasonably priced (£106 Vs £500-odd at Alfa).

Might be worth speaking to them if they import MTS bits

Just spoken to RSJ Exhausts via thier ebay shop and have placed the order £79 for the centre pipe and £89 for the silencer. Be really good for others who need an exhaust to know this too.

If you're fitting it yourself, please let us know your thoughts on it, the MTS bit I fitted to My Alfa was a perfect match, but I suspect they might have made the original, and the Panda's seems to be Magneti Marelli

Yep fitting it myself, so will try and either photograph it or video it. Hopefully this weekend weather depending.

Back