General Panda 4x4 for scrap/parts

Currently reading:
General Panda 4x4 for scrap/parts

So sorry to hear that Andy :( he was a cracking looking little car is their no chance of it being repaired? hate giving up as you know. If you decide that it's a definate no I want the roof rack and the tailgate or how much do you want for the whole car?

Last edited:
Well, never had so many different emotions going through my mind reading this story:D :( :D :( :eek: ,after all the hard work!!well done Alan and Tony for getting it going,what rotten luck!!!!!lost for words!!!:(
Damien.

It's really very sad... After all that work that went on getting it back on the road:(

But if it can't be saved at least it will go towards keeping lots of other little pandas on the road for many years to come!

Jim

pandamonius_maximus said:
This has not been a good last few days for pandas. :(

Tell me about it....

28092006_002_.jpg

Jim

Chris muttered under his breath:

No more so than most of the rest of the forumites. I prefer the term 'recycler' myself. Like the vulture I perform a much needed service in re-using parts that are no longer needed by their deceased owners.

I hope PU2 sorts the Panda out but if not I'll help him out financially by purchasing parts from him, assuming he doesn't mind selling them to me.

[Flaps off lazily to circle the carcass and await developments]

Hi peeps

below are a couple of pictures - unfortunately they don't really do justice to the real situation, you probably can't see it but the wheel is really badly bent and out of axis, and I just don't have the energy or the time to get it sorted (Alan knows why). No apparent damage to the bodywork, but inside it may be pretty bad.

It's just one of those things...

Andy

Attachments

• panda.jpg
    panda.jpg
    375.1 KB · Views: 43
Well if either pu2 or Alan wants to repair the car, i have a windscreen and spare wheel that you can have, and good old Gosforth Autos has a panda in, so you could take off the axle :)

edit - does the car have mot and tax :chin:

Last edited:
pu2 said:
Hi peeps

below are a couple of pictures - unfortunately they don't really do justice to the real situation, you probably can't see it but the wheel is really badly bent and out of axis, and I just don't have the energy or the time to get it sorted (Alan knows why). No apparent damage to the bodywork, but inside it may be pretty bad.

It's just one of those things...
OK firstly... it's not that bad. secondly with the usual resources we can make sure it gets back to where it should be...

Andy the most difficult thing to repeair on a panda is its bodywork... once that starts going it's hard to maintain... components like the engine are much easier as they are put-in-and-out-able.

I can get you a matching wheel no problem. my only worry is the state of the gearbox as the rest is fairly easy to sort. I also have a complete set of front suspension going at the moment as I have bought everything I require to make new, so you can have the used but straight to sort anything warped... I was going to sort this out as soon as I had gotten the MOT sorted. So, this may be even cheaper than the last time.

christopher watson said:
Well if either pu2 or Alan wants to repair the car, i have a windscreen and spare wheel that you can have, and good old Gosforth Autos has a panda in, so you could take off the axle :)

Excellent Chris, how much for the screen ?... and wheel?

christopher watson said:
edit - does the car have mot and tax :chin:
don't even think about it... :) Andy is going to get that car back on the road whether he likes it or not :devil:

Alan.D said:
What's the screen in the selecta like tony? as we may have a spare one at Andy's as well as all the suspension arms, I would change the front pillar lower arm, tie rod and tie bar
I had thought Andy had gotten rid of it already... if not there should be most of the parts already in his front garden.

screen was good... small chip right in the middle but it's not going anywhere. I can have that swapped over in about 30 mins no problem. pity it's not the rear as i have a spare one on a box that's super mint.

Back