Old people should be banned

Currently reading:
Old people should be banned

T14086 said:
like those ones who (despite seeing the lane ahead closed sign) drive as far as they can before the lane is physically closed & try to push their way in despite the half mile of patiently waiting people in the other lane.....arghhhh I'm getting angry now:mad:
Actually, all they are doing is using up all the available road space - now if people learnt how to zip merge properly, the traffic queues would probably not be so severe, and tempers less frayed.

Saying that, I still like to pull in way before the cones start to come across ;)

Stuart DemonD said:
Saying that, I still like to pull in way before the cones start to come across ;)

LOL Stu have you seen what the articulated lorries do on motorways they drive side by side to stop the buggers passing and then at the last minute they let the other lorry over into the running lane and the other car drivers are locked out I did it once with an artic and didn't get a very nice response from the drivers in the wrong lane :rolleyes: :D

Stuart DemonD said:
Actually, all they are doing is using up all the available road space - now if people learnt how to zip merge properly, the traffic queues would probably not be so severe, and tempers less frayed.

You know what I mean Stu...blatant selfishness by not wanting to queue up like everyone else then pushing their way in...my car is a shed so i'll happily block them off.
Oh hang on even worse.......the :tosser: who drives up a ambulance/fire engines arse to get through the traffic faster,ultimate selfishness:shakehead

I do know what you mean, but I also think that if everyone starts queuing miles before the lanes go down from 2 to 1, say, then you have just got unused road space...

I do still get annoyed by the people who do it, but I will not be so selfish myself as to straddle the lanes to avoid them passing.

Now if 50% of the cars went down one side, and 50% the other, and everyone zip merged as the lanes go to one, problem solved - but it will never happen with the standard of driving that happens in this country daily :)

Why is Bulldog5046 getting upset with drivers going 5-10 mph below limit????

I was in a 30 zone in works van once in an area I new, I was doing 15mph

A toddler (riding a toy scooter) came out from a single laned cul de sac with high walls each side straight into my path and I braked and stopped well clear of him.
If I would have been doing 25mph i would of hit him
If I would of been doing 30 mph I would of hit him harder

If I would of been doing 60mph like some of the young gits that travel this road he would have been chipped thru the rad grill.

I must be honest and say all the lowered cars (younger generation you know what I mean) do slow down for the speed ramps in my street...its the :tosser: in the pajeros/range rovers that do 40 (in 20 zone!) right over the speed bumps

Got my fixed penalty notice this morning, £60 + 3pts.
Allegedly I was doing 80mph, I'm going to ask for a copy of the video/picture, 80mph sounds too exact to me, about right but someone told me that the equipment is so unreliable that if you ask for the evidence they quite often drop the case. Here's hoping. I nearly had a clean license next month was when my last indiscretion was over.

T14086 said:
I must be honest and say all the lowered cars (younger generation you know what I mean) do slow down for the speed ramps in my street...its the :tosser: in the pajeros/range rovers that do 40 (in 20 zone!) right over the speed bumps

Theres a woman who goes up and down the hill next to my work (Steep hill, with cars parked on one side so only one car can get through at once. Oh, and theres a Nursery halfway up, Alex22 knows the hill) in her bloody Cayenne Turbo at about 40mph in the mornings and evenings when there are people walking to their cars or taking their kids to/from the Nursery. She's nearly had the door off my car about 3 times while I've been getting out of it, and I now park right at the top of the hill, so I'm less likely to walk back to my car and find a CT lodged in the side of it :rolleyes: It's also annoying that she's just a f***ing soccer mum who doesn't really need a 4x4 and much less a Cayenne Turbo. Waht a waste of such a machine :rolleyes: (n)

ScottyP said:
I think I've just added another 3pts to my license today.....!

I was going through to Aberdeen today and got stuck behind an old fart doing 45mph for miles, then a long straight appears and no traffic, I indicate pull out and start to overtake, the old fart then accelerates as I'm alongside him so I put the foot down and went past him. As I pull in in front of him I'm greeted by a white van with a camera looking at me through the back window.
B*STARD, I wanted to stop and punch the old farts' lights out but I will leave that to God as he will be visiting him soon enough....!:cry:
hi i am an old fart and would probally be able to out drive you not all old people are like that but i would like to bet that when your next on a motorway the person hugging the middle and outer lanes will be anything but an oldie!!!!

T14086 said:
No not at all...but your answered my question I posted bit earlier (about someone being right behind you)...so we are all guilty of it or at least being 'awkward'.Not saying its a good/bad thing but theres not denying we all snigger to ourselves when we wont let that **** in the BMW/JAG etc from cutting into our lane during slow moving traffic...some people deserve it.......like those ones who (despite seeing the lane ahead closed sign) drive as far as they can before the lane is physically closed & try to push their way in despite the half mile of patiently waiting people in the other lane.....arghhhh I'm getting angry now:mad:
what makes my blood boil is the subserviant ****s who instantly let these knobs in. someone comes flying up right to the cones and are instantly let in.
v. annoying

I know i'm abit behind on this thread, but i've just read it all and wet my self nearly...

but i have a story of my own, going down a ring road in nottingham on the 3rd day of driving, obviously im egar as hell and i come behind this shoddy larda that looked like it was a right off anyway. Me being a member of the Fait Family in the 'youth' section pull outside and drop down a gear and said 'tarra' as you doo... low and be old i pull back in theres a HUGE blue & yellow box with camera mounted to the pavement, also with a smiley face spray painted on... i see the lines and slam on my brakes as im unsure of the speed limit..smoke comming from my slicks and my back end jacking up my misses goes :eek: Look a copper... TAG TEAMED lol a speed camera on the pavement and a T5 casually strolling up the otherside of the road...thought he was gonna whip my license of me there and then....but i thing he was eating dohnuts and laughing as he presumed i been caught by the camra....

Luckely (touch wood) i havn't recieved anything threw the post YET!!! lol come on all lets pray:worship: i pulled in to the retail parl 200yards away stopped the car and jumped out devastated,screaming like a manic pyschopath....

in all fairness some 'mature' drivers in there diesal estates could well be a decent driver...but lets face it...old gits HATE youngens and YOUTH haves OAPS! its a war of the AGE....

Rankin

custard boy said:
what makes my blood boil is the subserviant ****s who instantly let these knobs in. someone comes flying up right to the cones and are instantly let in.
v. annoying
The way I see it that if someone does come as far up to the closed bit as possible they should be let in, it causes less conjestion at the end of the day and personally don't think its necessary to queue when a lane or two is closed.

Imagine you were driving and someone decided to turn right at the traffic lights with traffic coming the opposite direction making them have to wait to turn, you get stuck behind the car which is turning right and indicate to move left and continue your journey, wouldn't you be pissed if no one let you out and you had to wait till the lights went red then green again?

its just more curteous to allow some room as long as it dont mean braking from mad speeds to almost stationary to do it and lets be honest, when a lane is closed no one is ever doing mad speeds.

Everyone would get whereever they were going quicker if they just let one car squeeze in then then go and the car behind them let the other car squeeze in and so forth, when one has to force thier way in it causes moments where no one car is moving and two drivers are shouting at eachother wasting everyones time cause no one is moving cause one w4nker didn't move over....

if only I was driving some unregistered car that I didn't like I'd just ram into people who pissed me off.

i dont just mean in motorway situations but in general driving.eg t'other day i get caught in the usual edinburgh rush hour crawl.
waiting in a queue to a roundabout,after about half an hour i get round the roundabout.
as i got around it to the next queue i see a car whizz round the outside lane which is on a greenway(bus lane) and upon getting to the other side they get let straight in :confused:
now for me i would leave them out there and hope that cop car comes along or the new camera fitted buses.
thats just an arrogance that they are too good/busy or whatever to queue with the rest of the driving criminals that are the poor motorist

Trancendental said:
Everyone would get whereever they were going quicker if they just let one car squeeze in then then go and the car behind them let the other car squeeze in and so forth, when one has to force thier way in it causes moments where no one car is moving and two drivers are shouting at eachother wasting everyones time cause no one is moving cause one w4nker didn't move over....
I agree - which is why I mentioned zip-merging above - I am all for it, but it would take a lot of re-education for drivers to achieve it properly.

well fair enough, if the bus lane was closed to cars at that time then I guess it might have served him right, when that happens down here most will just continue up the bus lane and never attempt to join the traffic queue.

Whats also good about up here is that no one knows that between the hours of 1000-1600 ann 1900-0700 they are allowed to use the bus lane.

Tis great when your on a lunch break and need to get your munch in a hurry... or just want to get home quickley after work :D unfortunately there is always that possibility that you'll end up stuck behind a bus squirting diesel in you face (n)

also while we're on about old peopel and driving, i remember being in the UT and coming up behind an old couple driving like they were drunk, all over the place and goin well slow, so i passed em. got to a set of traffic lights and stopped and they came up behind me and he full beamed me!! and shook his fist at me while his old wife sat there shaking her head at me! lol i was creasing! i aint done nowt wrong but pass em!

so i revved it up and kicked out a huge flame then launched it off leaving the biggest cloud of tyre smoke uve ever seen, supprised he could see through it lol

Dunc

Back