Old people should be banned

Currently reading:
Old people should be banned

Trancendental said:
well fair enough, if the bus lane was closed to cars at that time then I guess it might have served him right, when that happens down here most will just continue up the bus lane and never attempt to join the traffic queue.

Whats also good about up here is that no one knows that between the hours of 1000-1600 ann 1900-0700 they are allowed to use the bus lane.

Tis great when your on a lunch break and need to get your munch in a hurry... or just want to get home quickley after work :D unfortunately there is always that possibility that you'll end up stuck behind a bus squirting diesel in you face (n)
most of ours run 8am to 6.30pm :( there strict here on greenways,all part of the anti car council :bang:
this is why the buses are getting cameras as evidence of bus lane hoggers although more for people who park in greenway/clearways(double red lines)

ScottyP said:
I think I've just added another 3pts to my license today.....!

I was going through to Aberdeen today and got stuck behind an old fart doing 45mph for miles, then a long straight appears and no traffic, I indicate pull out and start to overtake, the old fart then accelerates as I'm alongside him so I put the foot down and went past him. As I pull in in front of him I'm greeted by a white van with a camera looking at me through the back window.
B*STARD, I wanted to stop and punch the old farts' lights out but I will leave that to God as he will be visiting him soon enough....!:cry:

Recently passed a safety partnership camera van at 38 in a 30... last Bank Holiday Monday whilst trying to clear a misfire that turned out to be a dying coil pack (n) Looked on the website for the camera safety partnership here in Derbyshire and they state that a police person in the van will only use the camera to corroborate speed if they suspect you are speeding... me a fortnight on I'm still waiting for photos of my Stilo in the post :(

custard boy said:
what makes my blood boil is the subserviant ****s who instantly let these knobs in. someone comes flying up right to the cones and are instantly let in.
v. annoying

I agree with custard here (and not trans & stu :p ) these people are basically pushing infront of everybody almost to the point of bullying them to get in for the sake of getting home quicker (next time leave earlier!) sorry but my view is it is selfish & just shows the standard of respect for everyone else (feck all) by these drivers...I dont let them in why should I after queuing for last 20 minutes,learn the art of patience!

Rankin...old people dont hate youngsters or visa-versa (maybe you do?) learn some respect for your elders for you yourself will be 'old' & alone one day walking down a dark street when a group of 'neds' walk towards you & your statement will come back to haunt you.
If i'm walking down street at night (normally p*ssed) I cross the street if I see a old person (or woman) as I dont want them to have any cause for alarm.Respect & being a proper gentlemen...look it up!

T14086 said:
Rankin...old people dont hate youngsters or visa-versa (maybe you do?) learn some respect for your elders for you yourself will be 'old' & alone one day walking down a dark street when a group of 'neds' walk towards you & your statement will come back to haunt you.
If i'm walking down street at night (normally p*ssed) I cross the street if I see a old person (or woman) as I dont want them to have any cause for alarm.Respect & being a proper gentlemen...look it up!

T, like your style. Manners make the man.

Sorry, I was only going on ADVANCED driving skills :p Yet I still pull in early, because I don't want to be seen as the c**t who is trying to beat the queue :)

Coming in late on this conversation... but in Wales they actually encourage people to drive in two lanes up the cones and 'expect' people to be polite and filter in at the end. This way people don't get frustrated when they pull into the inside land 3 miles back from the cones only to see the Fiat Marea dash past them and cut in 50 yds from the cones :p

Sometimes when I am driving in restricted zones, with some gimp up my tail, I tend to do the following when I see the Nationals ahead [and if I know the roads]

- turn off aircon, turn off ASR if dry, and blip it down to 2nd, but still keeping it at 30 - the very second I cross that boundary between 30 and Nationals, I just boot it; usually works

yup did that today in parents saab (FWD which has more power than grip), with four people in, coming out of 40zone there was this 106gti (it actually was a gti as i know of the guy) with a dustbin style exhust, heard him boot it down to 3rd then second, so we did same (std exhaust, except for down pipe and boost pipes etc) into 2nd, got to delimit, let him boot it and pull out, he changed to 3rd, and we just went,

HUGE wheelspin up to 60, then let it grip, back on the power upto 71, then 3rd to err cough *some unknown speed*, then 5th and set cruise control for 64mph and let him catch back up again.

needless to say, when we got to 50mph bit outside wigton he went straight past, (we slowed to 55)

man I want one for myself, but only a 2door viggen instead:devil: I can get an insurance policy too!!!!!! couldn't for a (comparitvely) damn right slow audi (still that audi was quicker than a mundano st220) can't get insurance on any audi till I'm 21, yet I can insure a viggen next week fully comp for a mere £1216 !!!!!!! very tempting, esp given the fact we also pulled 38.2mpg today on our little trip (not inc 60mph+ burnouts though:devil: )

Back