Currently reading:
New PC build

shocking it failed so soon tho :eek:

one of my mates has just upgraded his gaming rig :eek:

phoenix3dfx225 said:
DSC_0006.jpg

Li Lian PC60 Case
EVGA 780i FTW Mobo
Intel Q6600 2.4GHZ 4MB Cache @ 3Ghz (1333FSB)
x3 BFG GTX 280 OC2 Sli
8GB Crucial Dominiator 1066MHZ DDR2 RAM
x6 500GB Seagate HDD Single Array (3TB)
1KW Single Rail Silverstone PSU
Samsung 23" TFT 2048 resolution (cant remember the full res, I just know its above 1900

2 weeks ago a friend got an alienware area51 with core i7. its the first time i've seen vista64 run at full speed. if you're gonna have vista it really needs to be 64bit on a quad core machine.

so now i cant feel happy again until i have an i7 in my life.

Last edited:
I don't have any issues with Vista, flying along on the i7.

But as we all know, it is a memory hog; I have seen it use up to 4GB or RAM, lol - I love monitoring the graphs.

Well everything up and running now [damaged HDD refunded, and new one installed].

Having very few issues with Vista 64 bit, most applications I use are working just fine. Only thing is an older scanner, but it is just plugged into the old XP machine, which is on 24/7 and outputs direct to a shared folder or to my printer, as networked to the new machine.

I have an 8800ultra guess its a bit old now :p
Anyway I also have a 2x2HDD Striped raid array's and One drive kept failing so i replaced it, and the new one failed again. I was confused :confused:

Turned out the cheapy SATA cables you get with motherboards where to blame. I fitted some spare adaptec server cables and its been fine since.

2 weeks ago a friend got an alienware area51 with core i7. its the first time i've seen vista64 run at full speed. if you're gonna have vista it really needs to be 64bit on a quad core machine.

so now i cant feel happy again until i have an i7 in my life.

Vista x64 runs fine on my e8400 :)

I don't have any issues with Vista, flying along on the i7.

But as we all know, it is a memory hog; I have seen it use up to 4GB or RAM, lol - I love monitoring the graphs.

The more RAM you have the more Vista will use. I've used Vista on a 512mb machine and had it only using about 200mb, on my wifes PC with 2gb it only uses about 800mb and on my machine with 4gb it is idling along using just over 2gb! If I put 8gb in I reckon it wouldn't have a problem using 4gb @ idle.

Yes, Im sure it beats my ATI 4870 ;)

And my ATI 4870 x2. :D

LoL PC technology moves so quick far too quick for my wallet.

i remember when GTX 8800 Ultras only just come out on the market i was one of the very first to purchase 2 and now they go for penny's compared to when they first hit the market £400 each

Also same as the motherboards back then you couldn't get a motherboard to fit 3/4 gpu's in you could only get a motherboard that could fit 2 gpu's

They are producing quick but not putting time and quality into each product i think if they did they would be a lot more to the gpu's than them having to make new ones every 2 months

Last edited:
Back