Styling New Age Cream Discontinued?

Currently reading:
Styling New Age Cream Discontinued?

lilygeorgie

Hi Fiat fans! I am new to this site and very pleased to be part of the Fiat community as I ordered my first Fiat (500 1.2 Lounge) today. I just wish to ask some advice :

I intended purchasing my Fiat 500 Lounge in New Age Cream, which is my favourite colour, however the sales agent said that they received a bulletin from Fiat earlier this week, saying that this colour has been discontinued across the entire Fiat 500 range.

I was shocked to hear this but as I was stalled for time, I felt I had to order my car today, so reluctantly went for the Volaire Blue, which is my second choice.

I came home and noticed that the New Age Cream is still being shown on the configurator on the Fiat website. Is the dealer telling porkies or is this true, does any one know? :confused:

Hi Fiat fans! I am new to this site and very pleased to be part of the Fiat community as I ordered my first Fiat (500 1.2 Lounge) today. I just wish to ask some advice :

I intended purchasing my Fiat 500 Lounge in New Age Cream, which is my favourite colour, however the sales agent said that they received a bulletin from Fiat earlier this week, saying that this colour has been discontinued across the entire Fiat 500 range.

I was shocked to hear this but as I was stalled for time, I felt I had to order my car today, so reluctantly went for the Volaire Blue, which is my second choice.

I came home and noticed that the New Age Cream is still being shown on the configurator on the Fiat website. Is the dealer telling porkies or is this true, does any one know? :confused:

If new age cream is your favourite colour why not ask Fiat to track one down for you ? There are 2 up on auto trader & reckon that finding a lounge model wouldn't be difficult.

Last edited:
Thanks peeps.
Robin PJ - This is the only Fiat dealer in N.Ireland!

nottsfiat07 - I think she may have wanted rid of the volare blue as it's in stock, whereas originally she said I would have to wait 12 weeks for the new age cream - and then told me later that the colour has been discontinued!

loveshandbags - it's a brand new car I am going for on a hire purchase deal so used cars no good.

I think I'll ring another Fiat dealer elsewhere to find out the truth - I am happy enough with the volare blue but would be annoyed if I had been lied to by the dealer.

Salesperson is obviously a lying bar steward. Makes my blood boil. What sort of person deliberately tells a lie to get you to part with thousands of pounds. Should be shot!

loveshandbags - it's a brand new car I am going for on a hire purchase deal so used cars no good.

I had selected New but do not realise they were pre-registered despite only having 16 miles.

I dealt with Donnellys Mallusk and found them very professional. Got the impression that the Donnelly group have taken over the supply of Fiats in N.I.

Would you consider getting one from the U.K ? Your warranty cover would still be the same since you're stll based in the British Isles.

Fiat do have a habit of chopping and changing things randomly but the New Age Cream was only launched recently(ish) to coincide with the Colour Therapy trim level, so I can't imagine they've dropped it yet.

I'd go somewhere else tbh. At the end of the day it's your car, your money, your decision. I used to sell cars and it's the salesperson's job to advise, maybe give their opinion but never to pick on behalf of the customer or bully them into something. Fair enough she could mention she has a blue 500 in stock, but if you want a New Age Cream, you get a New Age Cream.

For that reason alone, I'd tell her to stick it and go elsewhere.

There was a bulletin but he hasn't read it properly.
New Age Cream has been discontinued on the Fiat 500L.

Oh really? That makes sense if they've read the bulletin wrong! (Either that or they are lying.)
It's unprofessional but i guess mistakes do happen.
Donnellys are the only Fiat dealer in NI now so I don't have much choice in this unless I go overseas which I don't fancy doing.
I need to decide whether to change the colour or not - What's anyone else's opinion? New Age Cream Lounge or Volare Blue Lounge? I love the blue but just worry I'll tire of it after a while whereas the cream is more timeless and neutral whilst still being original.
Any one out there have pics that may help me out? Thanks!

Oh really? That makes sense if they've read the bulletin wrong! (Either that or they are lying.)
Donnellys are the only Fiat dealer in NI now so I don't have much choice in this unless I go overseas which I don't fancy doing.

I need to decide whether to change the colour or not - What's anyone else's opinion? New Age Cream Lounge or Volare Blue Lounge? I love the blue but just worry I'll tire of it after a while whereas the cream is more timeless and neutral whilst still being original.

Not much in way of pictures on this thread of the New Age Cream but you can do a search or look at autotrader, etc.

Volare Blue is quite nice but my OH doesn't like it and I have too many memories of not liking a sky blue on a 924 that I didn't want. Few on the members section and this one is nice with the 5o-spokes.

If you were open to another colour aside from the New Age Cream or the Volare I loved the Pearlescent White (Funk white) but it is difficult to repair and impossible to touch up. I never tired of it. Example of one here and the £700 might be justifiable but you don't get it back at re-sale time.

Just spoken to the dealers and apparently the sales people were told by the Branch Manager to tell customers that New Age Cream is discontinued as there are production problems at Fiat and they do not wish to cause customer dissatisfaction by ordering colours which may or not be available.
I am still disappointed that i wont get my fave colour but the Volare Blue is a very close second in my opinion.

Just spoken to the dealers and apparently the sales people were told by the Branch Manager to tell customers that New Age Cream is discontinued as there are production problems at Fiat and they do not wish to cause customer dissatisfaction by ordering colours which may or not be available.
I am still disappointed that i wont get my fave colour but the Volare Blue is a very close second in my opinion.

You could try and track down Raymond Donnelly and talk to him in person. He showed me around the Abarth showroom before it opened in Mallusk. Imagine that if there was anything that could be done he would do it as a once-off.

I've had a 500 and abarth 500 both in funk white and it's worth every penny for the £700 in my opinion. It makes the car look even better than it already does and my friend bought my old car and I never tired of seeing it.

I loved the old cha cha cha blue but find the volare blue too strong a colour compared to the old blue (says the man with an orange 4x4 panda now).

With regard to the new age cream, I'd never even had considered a car that colour but the dealer had a 500 lounge in that colour with side rubbing strips, and tinted windows and I think a tan interior. It looked amazing. It reminded me of the polished leather designer handbags with the cream and chrome. Seen pops in cream since but the lounge with the bits of additional chrome bling really looked smart. Are there none available your dealer from another dealer they can import if that's possible ?

I so agree - the Pop in New Age Cream does nothing for me but the Lounge with tan leather interior is divine - you're right - like an Italian leather designer handbag! Yum!
I loved the old ChaCha blue too (and saw one today in a Lounge) sigh.
Although I do really like the Volare Blue (again with tan leather interior - gorge) I do find it quite over-powering...
According to the sales manager, Volare Blue is the 'best colour' in terms of re-sale bright colours. He says the red is a bit boring and the yellow too bright for a lot of people. I am just so confused now. I do like the Funk White but not prepared to pay the extra I'm afraid.

I so agree - the Pop in New Age Cream does nothing for me but the Lounge with tan leather interior is divine - you're right - like an Italian leather designer handbag! Yum!
I loved the old ChaCha blue too (and saw one today in a Lounge) sigh.
Although I do really like the Volare Blue (again with tan leather interior - gorge) I do find it quite over-powering...
According to the sales manager, Volare Blue is the 'best colour' in terms of re-sale bright colours. He says the red is a bit boring and the yellow too bright for a lot of people. I am just so confused now. I do like the Funk White but not prepared to pay the extra I'm afraid.

One of the benefits of the funk white is that it was less susceptible to paint chips and on the 3 year old if not for the tip that I got in the rear arch it kept it's fresh looks. The bumpers did go creamy and compared to the paint work it looked like they were sprayed with a different batch paint. There are a lot of stages to go through to get the finish hence the £700 price. I wouldn't order it on an Abarth but on a standard 500 lounge I would re-consider it providing there were no other drivers. It makes the car look special although the one that I had didn't have the spec on the link on my previous post. Still if it's the new age cream you're after I wouldn't give up on it yet.

It needs to be Dualogic Michael.

There are a couple of pre-reg's out there but then you don't get the cheap finance or the deposit contribution from Fiat.

Thanks for looking though.

Back