Technical mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade.

Currently reading:
Technical mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade.

Re: mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade. from £30.20

hey guys im new to this website and my window wipers keep popping off and is really starting to do me nut in. i do a quite a bit of motorway driving at night and in the rain typical england lol so i need a permanent fix for it and am a bit unsure as to which one to go for either the 30.20 one or the £65.00 one any help appreciated

The connection on my wiper linkage broke on my Fiat Stilo 02reg. Will this £30 linkage for Puntos fit a Stilo too?

does anyone know about a replacement wiper linkage for a stilo? I've scoured the net and can't seem to find anything for it particularly and don't want to shell out the hundred odd quid that I'm sure fiat will charge me for it!!

any clues...?

the joint was fixed by the rac after it jammed up to stop the driver's side wiper working in heavy rain. but it's only a matter of time I reckon till this goes again...........

Well quite a good idea by the looks of it... as the arms are quite pants, mine popped off the other week when the heavy rain was on.. well the wiper blade fell apart lol.. and for some reason.. it jammed and the arm fell off.. they are a pain to pop back in unless you've got the wipers half way up the window while doin so.

Dave, top man!

Just fitted these today to my wife's Punto Mk2 JTD. Ordered the Wipex Push Rod from ebay for £30.50.

Bloody top tip!! Thanks a lot. Wipers are Brill !

If you have a Mig welder it is easy enough to do something like the upgrade by modifying the existing bits. You can buy little balljoints with a threaded socket like on a trackrod end. You cut off the old ring/socket bit and weld on a 6mm bolt into the pressed steel channel. The ball end of the old joint can be knocked out with a punch and replaced by an arrangement of bolt, nuts and washers to fix it to the ball part of the new joint. For the double joint you can just weld a washer on the end to stop the arm from coming off or you can use 2 of the balljoints described above. You need to measure the distance between centres of the original joints as accurately as possible so you can adjust the new setup the same.

https://www.fiatforum.com/doblo/138004-wiper-linkage-post1449122.html?p=1449122

Last edited:

I had the same problem with the passenger side wiper blade always falling off so instead of payin £££ for a new linkage arm i got a small jubalie clip and tightend it to the underneath of the arm on the wiper now it wont fall off :) but after reading the posts on here i might actually start to look into it and maybe buy a new set from Wipex as my wipers seem to judder alot!

My passenger wiper bar fell off (seems to have eroded or lost a washer or whatever) about 2 months ago. I put off getting it sorted (as I was going on holiday) and for a temporary solution I just kept re-attaching it but would only "last" a few wipes. Today we had an extremely heavy down pour so it was annoying, and to make matters worse my drivers side went aswell!

I had a look around on the net & saw this thread, so I've just purchased one off ebay. I'm looking forward to getting this problem solved!

Oh I'm definitely getting me some of those! I've been holding the drivers side linkage on for weeks now by superglueing a five pence peice on to the end of the ball joint to stop the linkage arm falling off which it does every 20 wipes or so! This is so much cheaper than buying the entire assembly!

Back