Technical mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade.

Currently reading:
Technical mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade.

Re: mk2 punto wiper linkage upgrade. from £30.20

to clear it up the MK2 Linkage is 51704326 at £114.75+vat

The Mk2B linkage is much cheaper at is around £55+ vat.

Last edited:

surely it makes more sense to fix the original linkages, and as well as sense you get the added bonus of saving time and money and effort.

just grab a pair of pliers and squeeze the nylon ring at each end of each lnikage arm so the hole in the middle is slightly smaller, then pop them back on. job done in 5 mins and it'll never fail again.

I find that once you have replaced a linkage (I can only talk gen Fiat parts) they never see to be a problem again?

Next door have a Punto which I supplied a linkage on 5 years ago when we started doing Fiat and its still fine. Seems like maybe Fiat modified theirs?? Techy guys>?

As far as I know there hasn't been any modifications however Ford suffer the same problems but do a repair linkage kit which is something Fiat might consider doing?

To be honest I cant see fiat developing anything repair wise at this stage. I hope not I have 40+ linkages on the shelf at work lol

This new kit is so easy to fit any one can do it
get a long flat screw driver put it near end of old linkage near black rubber rings, tap end of screw driver with palm of hand and it will knock the old linkage off.

start with fitting new ones to passenger side wiper, simply use wire or rope around it to pull it onto ball, then put other end on to ball on motor with a set of grips, then put the drivers side one onto the motor.
then turn wiper on with ignition off, then turn ignition on for a nanno second so passenger wiper stops in the middle of screen.
you can now move the drivers wiper by hand so you have access to the ball on bottom.
now use the rope again to pull the last bit on to the ball and the job is done :)

Last edited:
Back