4x41.JPG

Panda (Classic) LVJ the scrap yard 4x4

Introduction

Ok, for those who don't know this is my latest acquisition.

I didn't really expect to win the ebay auction so I didn't view it first.

This will either be amazing or a lesson in how not to buy a car :eek:

Ebay pics :

4x410.JPG
4x49.JPG
4x48.JPG
4x46.JPG
4x45.JPG
4x42.JPG
4x43.JPG
4x41.JPG

Still trying to work out how to collect it without it being silly money, If I can get a car trailer for a day my brother has offered to help with his isuzu pickup.

Open to other offers though as he notoriously changes his mind if he gets a better offer for his time (like the pub being open :rolleyes:).
Well the news is that this one is a few weeks away from getting an MOT!

I've not seen it since the pictures were taken way back in August, the Bungalow in the background is now sold and I'm in the process of buying one for myself in Halifax.

Now I could have afforded a new build town house over here but with only allocated parking for 2 vehicles I soon went off that idea.

Anyway a large drive with garage and carport was found with a little bungalow attached.

I reckon Garage for spares, Y10 under car port, Fizzle & sky side by side with the pair of 4x4's infront.
Oh and the pavement outside will be the mk4 trekking ;)

My neighbours will love me!

89ddf15f4b58135bf9b008c2e10adbc157414e20.jpg

Last edited:
Eer, pair of 4x4's :confused: AND a mk4 trekking :eek:
Have I missed out on a few things somewhere along the line!!

Err do you not visit the other Panda Sections? Had a mad month when I bought 3 mk3 panda's - 100hp, 4x4 & Alessi. The mk4 trekking has the best qualities of all three - fun, ride height and ability to cope with shocking roads and snow (I hope!) and was made irresistable with the 15% discount from the FMC :)
100hp has gone, 4x4 will be used as a van during the house renovations and moving, Alessi is going to Lucyloo1.

LVJ is nearing completion, as is the Y10. I didn't plan it to all happen at once but at the moment I'm as happy as a Panda in snow :devil:

John panda panda brought me a Fizzle full of bits for LVJ today. We were both due to go and visit the car thismorning but plans fell through, so I went down this evening to see how the welding is progressing.

The answer is, very well - almost done! ALOT of work has had to go into LVJ as it's body and chassis in particular areas was none existent. The rear end has had the most work, as seen in the pics at the start of the thread most of the seams in the boot had completely rotted away, aswell as parts of the rear chassis rails and rear bumper mountings. This has all been rebuilt now. The rear spring mounts and shocker mounts have been rebuilt aswell and are now strong again.

The off side sill and chassis leg have been stripped out and rebuilt along with the inner arch, fairly exstensive repair work has gone in to this area. Much the same on the nearside aswell - this is the last bit to finish.

The chassis section which runs under the front floor pans has also been replaced above the prop shaft as it was very crusty.

Fibreglass work on damage to the arches (dents and scrapes) has been started aswell with it nearly ready for a final sand off before a filler coat.

The rebuild will start next week, with new brakes and wheel bearings first then the new Alfa seats will be installed. I have to source a new rear UJ for the prop shaft aswell as the current one is completely shot. Most of the engine work has been done, just the gear oil to change - the car starts and drives brilliant, even with no panels on!

Pics...

Attachments

• 1424563986840.jpg
    1424563986840.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 66
  • 1424564007331.jpg
    1424564007331.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 64
  • 1424564025507.jpg
    1424564025507.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 60
  • 1424564040356.jpg
    1424564040356.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 68
  • 1424564061003.jpg
    1424564061003.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Fantastic!

You can't beat a bit of red oxide for rust proofing - I've painted a barn or two with that in my time!

Looking very solid, can't wait to test the strength of the repairs with some proper off roading :)

Was good to catchup with you today Andy, thank you so much for all the spares and inspiration to do the project and not forgetting the man with the electric tickling stick for his skills too though his name escapes me right now :eek:

I'll stop now as this is getting like a luvvie oscar speech :eek:

IMG_12373.JPG

Can you take a photo of this plate work from underneath the car? It looks like a plate has been laid on top and not lap welded both sides.

Unless it's a tight fit in that case the second (under) lap used the top run as a cold bar.

Now priced to sell at £1295.00

Will be hitting ebay if no one interested on here.

It's a sound shell with a very long MOT, ideal for off roading (what I bought it for).

A 4x4 in a rare colour - stand out from the sisley's!

Can throw in a set of Alfa seats and a replacement rear bumper.

Last chance before it goes on the 'bay!

Back