insurance fronting

Currently reading:
insurance fronting

My car isn't powerful it is 77bhp and insurance cost for a older car is pretty much the same price anyway as a brand new car it makes little difference at all. The punto on finance also.

My car isn't powerful it is 77bhp and insurance cost for a older car is pretty much the same price anyway as a brand new car it makes little difference at all. The punto on finance also.

Dont take my comment as being aimed at you, it was just a general rant tbh, not aimed at anyone personally

Saying it's on finance doesn't help your case, so you're paying even more than the RRP for it! :D

It may have been the same insurance for an older car, but you could have paid cash for the older car and taken out a 0% credit card or paid monthly for your insurance and it would still work out a lot cheaper.

i was under the impression that it's not really the car but the amount of damage you can do with your car

Saying it's on finance doesn't help your case, so you're paying even more than the RRP for it! :D

It may have been the same insurance for an older car, but you could have paid cash for the older car and taken out a 0% credit card or paid monthly for your insurance and it would still work out a lot cheaper.

If I pay the optional £3,500 at the end of 4 years :p its still below the supposed otr price from Fiat.

Yes, I have heard of it, but I still don't see the sense in it. Especially for a first car, which is likely to be copping a beating.

If it is beat to crap then the fact I can hand it back if i dont want to pay the extra is surely a good thing :p

i dont blame anyone for 'fronting'

i pay £1800 TPFT on my 1.6 stilo with 10 years experience (3years on bikes) 2claims (both at fault :( with in 6 months of each other i was having a really bad time 3 years ago) and 1 years NCB because of the way my insurance policys were i had no 12 'consecutive period' of insurance so couldnt proove anything. im 27 dont live in a particularly bad part of town, im married and have a 3.5 year old... im getting raped on insurance but what can i do?? if i cry about it no one listens and tbh im expecting my premium to rise this year because of this crap sueing mentality and blame culture that so many people seem to be jumping on the band wagon with... my hands are tied because i need a car to work and im not running the risk of not having my car anything other than road legal because i rely on it so much. when people start to realise that life isnt fair and claiming like they do actually puts prices up then it may start to drop. too many people are seeing it as 'free money' and really gets my back up, younno like stroking a dog the wrong way.

a dude hit the back end of my car a few weeks ago... the little-un was in the back... i parked up got out looked at my car there was nothing wrong with it... the daughter was a little bit scared but she was fine! i could have took the insurance route with it and claimed for whiplash, stress, damage to my car and allsorts, for me and the daughter. after taking one look at his car seeing that he'd popped both headlights and his rad was leaking i simply asked 'do you really want to do this through insurance?' he said 'no, not really mate!' that was good enough for me we both left and i haven't heard anything since, knowing that he was at fault even if he did have ins (which i dont think he did) he wouldnt have claimed against me because he was at fault.

no need to get the police involved no need to get insurance involved we both left in the 'happy' knowledge that ins wasnt getting involved so there is no problem. i could have so easily been an absolute canute about it but im british not american, i have the NHS for injury and i dont bend people over to benefit myself because its never been in my mentality and thats not how us true brits roll

peace out!

so for years people have been doing it and its only bothering ins companies now (within the last decade) maybe they should ask why that is that people feel the need to 'front'... i didnt say i agreed with it i just said that i dont blame people for doing it.

we should go the way of the yanks and insure the CAR not the PERSON imho. but that will never happen because the insurance companies will loose far too much money that way. theres a whole bunch of stuff we could use that other countries do better like german style MOTs and paying BEFORE dispensing of fuel etc etc. sadly i dont see any of it happening regardless of the good intentions

So I'm an idiot for buying a car on finance? maybe i'd rather not pay 10 grand upfront I'd rather span it over 4 years with low monthly payments which is easy on the bank. Makes more sense unless I wanted to change car in the 4 years which I won't.

Back