Technical Induction options for 100HP?

Currently reading:
Technical Induction options for 100HP?

That's the Novitec kit! This one shouldn't suffer from water ingestion (y)

111.jpg

http://shophost.net/shop_n/catalog/...=1709&osCsid=6703b7ad9a4e14e160bfd8836a14d09a

Do you know where that kit draws it's cold air from? Couldn't see any mention of it on the description in the site and I'd guess it would be just out of view in the photo?

Chris

Last edited:
That's the Novitec kit! This one shouldn't suffer from water ingestion (y)

111.jpg

http://shophost.net/shop_n/catalog/...=1709&osCsid=6703b7ad9a4e14e160bfd8836a14d09a

thats nearly the most stupid place iv seen for an induction kit to go, 1st place goes to k&n for the 1.2 8v units, right ontop of the throttle body.

in an engine bay, surely the lower the better, away from the manifold and radiator, cold air, not likely to be very dirty as its mostly enclosed in there anyway, filters filter dirty air, the worst that could happen is you need to clean it more often

GSR all the way(y)

I think its all down to choice if you check out Novitec/K&N they seem to be firm's that know whats what, also what ? is the difference between warm/hot air induction and a cold/cooler air induction, it might be worth getting Dave to build one for £20 i will chip in, then run them back to back with a GSR kit, we would be able to put this matter to rest again, and would make the GSR stand out from the rest, but then again ? who knows it's all talk again...:bang:

I think its all down to choice if you check out Novitec/K&N they seem to be firm's that know whats what, also what ? is the difference between warm/hot air induction and a cold/cooler air induction, it might be worth getting Dave to build one for £20 i will chip in, then run them back to back with a GSR kit, we would be able to put this matter to rest again, and would make the GSR stand out from the rest, but then again ? who knows it's all talk again...:bang:

you messing about? the whole idea is to get the coldest an smoothest flowing air possible

who knows it's all talk again...:bang:

what???

pete knows what he is talking about! back to back with any induction kit, the gsr comes out on top, thats good enough for me, with him bein the engineer an all;)

cold air = better charge, bigger bang, = more power, it aint rocket science, however, the building of the kit for maximum airflow possible, petes your man.

come on, the gains from his kits are prefound. and proved time and time again on rolling roads, all talk, nope.........its fact sunshine;)

Last edited:
Lets not start this argument again guys, its been done to death.

Everyone has their own opinion on what type of induction is best, i think it should be left at that (y)

Everyone has their own opinion on what type of induction is best, i think it should be left at that (y)

if some of us stop talking crap, the arguments wouldnt come up again and again, for noise, any kit will do, for power the GSR is best......end of:p

Oh dear off we go again, not saying it's no good, it does look a very nice piece of kit and he is a very nice chap to talk to also, and Red Devils quote may also be true about top power, but it would be nice to see how BAD these other aftermarket induction kits are compared to the Fiat Forums top choice of GSR, if i was after one it would be the GSR but with a few reservations, mainly about the location of the Filter for everday use, sorry if i have affended anyone but this is an open forum isnt it....:confused:

I just would like to say this about Novitech. I have been at their place and have had a good time with them. The are very professional and have done plenty of damn good modifications.

The one in the picture is a compromise they have chosen, which is not the best for power but has got some point, which I do understand. The ideas between the philosophy of Novitech and GSR are in some ways different and in other ways similar. Either products have their advantages and downsides.

Whatever Novitech has produced in terms of induction in any case has been outperforming the likes of K&N, PiperX and a number of other popular brands.

Back