General I LOVE My Punto Do You?

Currently reading:
General I LOVE My Punto Do You?

Alex-R said:
oh right i see, sorry i don't know a great deal about fiats lol :D
to be honest the HGT multijet isn't too well known about- when i bought mine I could only find 2 for sale on autotrader, the one i bought in black which was the car of the service manager in a FIAT dealer that had done 6800miles and a yellow one that had done over 20k from a car supermarket!

'tis about a second off the regular HGT to 60 and apparently does 115mph a the top end but i have found it happily goes off the clock ( i need to get around to testing speedo for accuracy with gps though)- but the best thing for me is the economy- i average around 50ish with it dropping to about 44 if pushing on. Another good point is that it is badged simply as an HGT on the back so until people see the cloud of soot come flying out the back or hear the Massey Ferguson soundtrack they are none the wiser ;) .

i have had many cars including a bentley brooklands, which was the mutz nutz but at 6.7litre and 7 to the gallon i decided it was time to go back a few years to a punto gt which slowly im modding its got 186 bhp at the mo and neva ceases to make me smile when im leaving saxo's and other hot hatches at the lights,then when my dumpvalves anounces its presence they know they've been punto'd,thats one of the many reasons i love my punto

Alex-R said:
yeh mk2b's are great, got mine as my first car too :D mates are well jealous with their P reg saxos LOL I would have had anything but who'd turn down a free car :p (y)

Glad to see this thread again, made it ages ago! :D

Alex lad ur in exactly the same position as me, all my mates r jelous coz its my first car haha But o well i wasnt going to turn it down haha (y)

Yes the HGT Multijet has a great engine, I took it on the motorway for the fist time last weekend, got up to an indicated 120 mph :)o ) without realising it. I should be more careful in the future but I was following another car and didn't look at the speedo. It was amazing being able to pull away from these ponce's who think because their car has a BMW badge on the front, it somehow makes it fast :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wheeler said:
Alex lad ur in exactly the same position as me, all my mates r jelous coz its my first car haha But o well i wasnt going to turn it down haha (y)
:O forgot about this thread, yeh its great isn't it!! all my mates are now saying that they're gonna get a proper car next year, like a 2.0 mg zt sport, at 18 lol!! hehe

I love the fact that my punto is sooo roomy, but is only a small 3 door hatch, I love the fact that so many new cars have copied the higher set rear lights.

My friend also has a punto on it's way to 100k....we're having a punto party when she hits it:slayer:

I love my punto because it makes people smile when I drive past. I love the shape I love the colour & also love the interior. I love it when some people try it on at the lights :D In fact I love every thing about it. Shes not just a car shes a dream come true.

I love my Punto mk2b active sport the alloys are great really easy to drive handling is great, also great for roundabouts at a decent speed and it was my first car it only has 12600 on the clock and was a year old i love it had it 6 months now and still love it slowly modding it up, just put a induction kit on it and sounds great, next task is lowering springs, low dust brake pads (maybe green stuff), decent sound system and custom exhaust as i love the active sport bumpers its a great car i would of liked the 1.8 HGT but im 18 so no chance lol much better i think than a fiesta or saxo's :D

I should add... The thing I like about my car is the feeling of self accomplishment I get when I have done a job, or been working on her. I get pleasure from knowing I have done it my self and saved money also :cool:

After going for a blast yesterday, I love mine even more, can really show up some cars I would have thought to have been way faster. The only niggle is that the nose can sometimes run a bit wide round corners, but that#s the only price to pay with a diesel.

What I love about my Punto? It's so cheap but it works...

The Trooper said:
After going for a blast yesterday, I love mine even more, can really show up some cars I would have thought to have been way faster. The only niggle is that the nose can sometimes run a bit wide round corners, but that#s the only price to pay with a diesel.

Mine seems to be ok, the strut brace must help it quite a bit

I love my Punto, a mk1 3 door 75 SX, because it has Italian flair and the standard colour seems to flip depending on the light! It's a sort of greeny/ gold colour, but it depends on what time of day you look at it ;) It was also very cheap!

I've yet to drive it though, as I bought it as a damaged repairable and will sort it out when I get back to the UK in early October. Hope it's as fun to drive as my Uno!

I love my little mk1 punto (1.2 16v 85elx) :D

Because she's....

Green!
Cheap,
Nippy,
Beautiful,
Fun to drive

And now she no longer smells of dogs, I like her even more :D

And because I love my punto... I bought another :slayer:

And my yellow sporting is just as fab! (y)

Back