General I LOVE My Punto Do You?

Currently reading:
General I LOVE My Punto Do You?

like it,yes,but its too flawed,too insubstantial and above all too unreliable.mine has no temperature gauge,just a warning light thats red to tell you the engine is already fried.that is unforgiveable.i used to have an austin 1100 with vinyl seats and no rear belts and even that had an engine temerature gauge

like it,yes,but its too flawed,too insubstantial and above all too unreliable.mine has no temperature gauge,just a warning light thats red to tell you the engine is already fried.that is unforgiveable.i used to have an austin 1100 with vinyl seats and no rear belts and even that had an engine temerature gauge

buy a better model then :rolleyes: if it doesnt have a temp guage it must be most basic model they do.

Yea, you shouldn't be so stingy (joke btw! :p ). What model is it, I thought even the 'S' models had temperature gauges? Or am I wrong? :chin:

the flagship of the fleet(not),the 55s.how can fiat consider a temperature gauge an extra?ford was just as bad,i had a ford fiesta 1000,mark 3 and it came with 135 section tyres!

as a comparison,the cheapest bmw 1 series,the 1600i,feels like a prestige car not a stripped out bargain basement misermobile

Ended up with a 1.2 60sx mk 1 R reg punto, after not being able to get a Seat Ibiza anytime soon - was 2nd hand, but the previous owner hardly ever drove (lives near a train station). The car was in immaculate condition.

In my opinion, the mk1 still has a lot of class - I prefer its exterior to the mk2. Its not hard to get the mk1 looking like a new car.

Its a fast, raring to go little car with far more interior space than my friends cars (although im the only one out of them with a 5 door) - A corsa just feels too common, and as if it has nothing standing out about it (talking about the ones from around 2003-2005 ish) - the punto has tried to be stylish.

My friends give fiat the acronym Fix It Again Tomorrow, but my speedy, fun little girl has so far only had one problem, and thats the tensioner/timing belt squealing, now fixed.

The only part which really annoys me about the Punto is the indicators - it automatically cancels the indication FAR too early - approach a roundabout with a slight bend, and the indicator cancels as soon as you turn the opposite way. There's definately not enough time to turn it back on, whilst changing gear, and trying to steer.

Still, I cant see any reason to change car, even for a newer model Punto.

New guy coming thru, make space..

Had mine bought 2nd hand, have it now for 2 years and all I can say is.. To hell with a car on wich you dont have anything to screw from time to time. Must say that Im pleased by it, even though I had to replace some parts.. But thats what you get when buying 2nd hand. Its a lottery. Now I know what I drive and yea I can say.. I love it. :cool:

the flagship of the fleet(not),the 55s.how can fiat consider a temperature gauge an extra?ford was just as bad,i had a ford fiesta 1000,mark 3 and it came with 135 section tyres!

as a comparison,the cheapest bmw 1 series,the 1600i,feels like a prestige car not a stripped out bargain basement misermobile

My dads Yaris doesn't have a temp guage and that is on an '02 plate. You get what you pay for...

I love my punto to bits, when we thought something was wrong with it people told me to scrap it, i felt like crying :(

I love the way you can feel every single bump in the road, these newer cars are made to drive more comfy but my mark 1 is excellent. I love feeling the drive of the car. Also the handling on the 5dr 55s surprised me the 1st time I drove it, going round an roundabout at 40 in 2nd in the wet and still holding the road, its kinda exhilerating(sp?).

She's a nasty dark green colour (aka Verde Champion), has 2 too many doors and is scratched all over but I wouldn't have any other car atm.

So to put it short the thing I love about my punto is.......everything.

i like how it tells me off for bad gear changes - its like having a driving instructor with you :)

I like how it looks after me by making me want to drive to work :)

And then finish early so I can drive home!

J

i ALMOST had a mate convinced to get one, after he had been in mine.
and THEN, 2 days later he decided he thought they were crap! could punch him:bang:
the only things wrong on my car were clutch, and t'other day the alternater belt snapped (an took chunks of timing belt with it) but thats to be expceted of an s reg hatchback

ive drove s-class mercs and beemers but i still reckon the puntos a better car all round its reliable(touch wood lol),economical and its got performance and its only a 1.2 8v mk2!!

I love every thing about my little car, I WISH my wallet shared the same feelings:D

I love my punto, she does need some money spending on her, like radiator, slam panel etc after me little mishap, but im waiting to see what happens in the MOT. if she passes ill spend some money fixing her, if she fails i think ill find a replacement

my old one i loved the way it howled passing 45 in second.....it was sooo slow but in isolation you could convince yourself you were flying cos it felt fast....probably thanks to the awful ride, howling engine and intrusive wind noise.....still loved it....especially the steering on the 55....so much better than my current 85...the power assistance smothers the feed back a bit...the old one i ran over a rizla packet i could have told you if there were any left inside....also you could tell the exact exact moment the front end was gonna slide....still cant quite get that with the P.a.s.....although love the 85....I love the way im no longer embarrassed on hills....the way it'll cruise happily at 95 (in germany obviously)...the boot light!....and for a standard 1.2 the way it goes in 1st and 2nd gears above 4k.....just cleaned the injectors and DAMN IT FLIES!...also love the stealth car element....tho wish i'd gone for the 85sx and lost the sporting front bumper and alloys...it looks like a sporting up to the back doors....makes it harder to take chavved corsas by surprise :rolleyes:

Back