General I LOVE My Punto Do You?

Currently reading:
General I LOVE My Punto Do You?

Ever since I bought my Mk1 as my first car it's been by my side for about a year and a half. I'm facing the prospect of selling it as it's almost finished (or so my parents tell me:rolleyes: ). In a way I'm not that upset, I would look forward to a replacement, maybe a convertible model. Or that lovely new panda.

Love my punto mk2 1.2 8V! been just over 6 months since ivegot it, and its mint! not very fast, but shes a good looker so i aint too bothered!

i love the fact that even with standard wheels and suspension i can throw it into any bend and it loves it,
the other day i went round reasonably toght s bend at 60mph nd it jus wanted to go faster
nd the unexpected acceleration form other drivers is gr8

puntos rock :slayer: (y) :cool: :worship:

yeah i managed to keep up with a 700cc bike on a really twisty raod this morning altho he had me on the str8s i got it bk on the corners how cool is tht wooo and he congratulated me on it

i have a mk1` 60s
i love every bit of it the engine which i know for a fact is safe to 9000 rpm the modern fings about it like galvonised shell the independadnt rear suspension that seems to hold on regardless of speed the boot space when seats are lowered the pasenger confort the dash the cuby hole infront of the gear stick just big enought for my mp3 player to sit wilst conected by a tape with a wire to it's excelent sterio never heard 4 inch speakers sound so good the way the rear lights are mounted makes it easy to clean under and change bulbs also injeniouse desighn i'd like to see water try and get in them the looks of course

and the one thing i like the very very most about it is it's ability to beat any corsa in my local area that realy makes me smile i dont know why people buy those things they realy are rubish and realy primetive

I love my mk2b!!!!! its my first car and i wanna keep it forever!!! lol i love the quiet engine which after about 3000rpm begins to scream i love the comfy interior the good looking exterior the bright yellow paint which just begs for attention and i love my 17 inch rims which are black and really set the car off nicely!!!! i have driven all of my m8s cars which consist of a 1.6 peugeot 306 a renault megane coupe 1.6 a bmw 316 compact a peugeot 106 and i can honestly say that my car is the nicest to drive and can keep up with all of them, erm its deffinatly more a b road car than a motorway cruiser but is still pleasurable to drive on them.

i would reccomend them anyday!!!!!!!

i got a punto mk1 and its a little beauty :D i like the shape the bumpers and everthing about it :slayer:

I mainly like the fact that it was the car I always wanted growing up (well that an the old astra MK2's, they were classic) and I managed to get it as my first car, just by being at the right place at the right time.

I mainly like the practical aspects of it, small on the outside, but very big on the inside, easily fitting the larger build members of my family comfortably.

I love the bootspace, just enough for me to get a weeks shop in.

I love the nifty little features, like how the rear folding seats have a clip to hold the seatbelt in place so it doesn't hook in under when you put the seat back up. I love the nifty little seat toggles, that stop the seat belt locks from falling down into the crack of the folding seats.

I love the central locking, and when i get into my car from work on my own in the dark I can lock myself inside.

I even like the fact it has no power steering, because the steering is so light anyway you dont notice.

I just noticed the foot rest today, its quite comfortable, yet it leaves your left foot ready to hit the clutch.

I love its little personality, how its sooo less tollerant of my driving in the heat, and in the cold it doesn't like to change gear.

Electric windows and a sunroof are both bonuses too.

I Just love the Punto, its always been my dream car, even though that does sound kinda sad.

I love my punto as its my first car and we all fall in love with our first cars lol not only that tho i love it cos its a good runner and its a car i can trust its reliable and economical. When i bought it, it wasn't looking too good so i got it looking brand new and i look after it im proud to drive my punto (y)

I love mine too. sexy isnt it? I ripped some 15" alloys from an alfa romeo. hehe

I love my puntos, both the MK2s and the MK1, for different reasons.

I love the relaxed, quiet, smooth ride of the MK2 and its just so 'easy' to drive. I love the look of the front bumper, headlights and bonnet, and the standard speaker system is quite impressive.

Whereas the MK1, even with the same size engine beats it in terms of performance. The grip is far more than you'd expect, the reponse is great. There are so many mods you can do that dont cost the earth and unleash its potential further. It doesn't have the comfort and relaxed feel of the MK2, but its a blast to drive on country roads!

For town driving or long motorway journeys, i'd take one of the MK2s. For trips over country roads (like i do to get to and from my brother pub,) it has to be the MK1.

My MK1 i got a couple of months before passing my test, and i couldn't imagine not having it around anymore. Looks like shes stuck with me for good :D

Last edited:
Back