Technical High beam issue unresolved

Currently reading:
Technical High beam issue unresolved

shella

Hi all,
Newbie to forum. Wondered if anyone could help me with my punto grande.
Got to have re-mot by next week.
So have problem with high beam.
Side lights work and I can flash my high beam.
When I put on my headlights and flash there is no high beam, and also pull back on stalk to activate the high beam i have no high beam.
I have managed to sort all other small issues as per mot, but am left with this problem. Have checked fuses, but without a manual. Online search's brought up some to check, can't find relay for high beam if there is one.
Thank you in advance if you maybe able to help. 😀

Will have a look on the circuit diagram later

Assuming the bulbs are okay. If one goes it fairly common for the other to fail

But if both headlights have no power

maxifuse F2
And
relay relay T3

Would be a good start

Unlikely but there are some more fuses that deal with the lights individually

F10 (left)
F11 (right).
F14 for the left headlamp and
F15 for the right

If I read your first post correct

If the light are from lowest highest
Side lights
Dipped
High

Side light always work
Dipped work fine
But high only work when dipped are off

Is this correct

If I read your first post correct

If the light are from lowest highest
Side lights
Dipped
High

Side light always work
Dipped work fine
But high only work when dipped are off

Is this correct
Yes this is correct.

Yes this is correct.
Side lights working fine.

Side lights
Showing (blue high beam internal light indicator on and flashing) when i go to flash on sidelights,..and all working showing on exterior bulbs.

Sidelights
Showing (blue high beam internal light indicator on) when i pull back stalk,.. for high beam selected ON. All working bulbs externally.

Dipped
Showing (blue high beam internal light indicator on) when try flash or try to pull back stalk, to select high beam on dipped.
No flash high beam/No selected high beam showing on exterior bulbs
Will check what fuses and relays you have mentioned in the morning. Thank you

Side lights working fine.
All bulbs fuses and relays to here must be fine
Side lights
Showing (blue high beam internal light indicator on and flashing) when i go to flash on sidelights,..and all working showing on exterior bulbs.
All bulbs fuses and relays work, plus the body computer to stalk is fine
Sidelights
Showing (blue high beam internal light indicator on) when i pull back stalk,.. for high beam selected ON. All working bulbs externally.
Same as above for the stalk the other way
Dipped
Showing (blue high beam internal light indicator on) when try flash or try to pull back stalk, to select high beam on dipped.
No flash high beam/No selected high beam showing on exterior bulbs
Still getting the signal from the stalk so stalk to body computer is fine
Will check what fuses and relays you have mentioned in the morning. Thank you
Almost a waste of time. They certainly aren’t blown but may be corroded

Here’s my thoughts

I couldn’t find anyone with the exact same problem.

There are a lot of lights problems due to water getting into the fuse box. Even though I don’t think its your problem for the sake of a 5 minute visual inspection I would do this first.

A very common fault is the stalk. But as the blue light is coming on correctly I would assume this is not the case for you

The cable, fuse, relays, bulbs all work independently. There’s a good chance they are all okay

I need to check maybe they all use the same earth point and it can’t cope with the extra amps from all 6 bulbs

All six bulbs earth through this point

I would unbolt this clean with sandpaper, smear with Vaseline and bolt back down

7E2103D5-4087-4FC1-A476-52B604C0A106.png

Have you had the vehicle plugged in to a diagnostic machine? Will possibly tell you where the problem is. Tells you when there are short circuits in the system too.

So what was it, the stalk? :)
No not the stalk, loose earth wire to lights, with damp. And also today found damp in fuse box. All taken off re earthed, contact spray etc, cleaned up fuse box, put on the rad for a few hours to dry out. Hairdryer to the connections, plus contact spray. Hey press! 😂 I have all lights. Did clean up stalk connector as well, the one for the lights as this was dirty.
I managed after watching a YouTube video to revolve the end of the stalk giving me access to this.
Thank you

Back