General Help a newbie out! Parking issue

Currently reading:
General Help a newbie out! Parking issue

Fiatpearly

Hello
Hope you’re all doing well and having great time 🌸
I got a question, im totally new to owning cars I’ve never driven any car and my first car is fiat 500C dualogic 2023 ( italy , not electric )
And its gear look like this

Im still not sure which way is the right way to park the car, Ive been looking here and there and found different answers, should I put it on N or R?
Also does anyone have the user’s manual booklet? My car just came with warranty booklet

Thank you so much

Attachments

• IMG_1907.jpeg
    IMG_1907.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Hi, 🙂
The Dualogic is a MANUAL gearbox.. So 5 gears 😉

Like any manual it wants to be in Neutral when you start
AND use the handbrake 😉

I am guessing you don't experience and Mountains.. Steep hills can be awkward for new owners of dualogic

It is in "Neutral" condition until you add engine Revs to get the Clutch to bite point.. SO CAN ROLL BACK

Your search for a manual,

Look in this forums Downloads section
🙂

Hi, 🙂
The Dualogic is a MANUAL gearbox.. So 5 gears 😉

Like any manual it wants to be in Neutral when you start
AND use the handbrake 😉

I am guessing you don't experience and Mountains.. Steep hills can be awkward for new owners of dualogic

It is in "Neutral" condition until you add engine Revs to get the Clutch to bite point.. SO CAN ROLL BACK

Your search for a manual,

Look in this forums Downloads section
🙂
My gearbox is a mix between manual and auto , I attached a photo but idk why it’s not showing up

I have the N — R — A/M - +
Yes i dont experience any mountain or steep hills

I’ve been parking my car on N ( then use handbrake and turn off my engine) since i bought it cause I cant decide which one is the right one yet.

Attachments

• IMG_1907.jpeg
    IMG_1907.jpeg
    261.7 KB · Views: 12
Dont you love designs that take well known tried and tested methods and just throw them all in the bin.
Who in their right mind came up with that gearstick arrangement.

Back