Technical Newbie question.

Currently reading:
Technical Newbie question.

jmee54

Hi everyone!

I bought a 2016 Fiat 500 Lounge to replace our from new 2009 Pop. It has the new fangled LED screen and I would like to connect my MP3 player to the system. I have tried the usb port, but the MP3 keeps disconnecting in favour of the radio - and it did this in the old Pop too. Why I don't know. When it connects it all works great, but it will disconnect without any reason that I can see.

Can I connect a device via bluetooth instead of the usb?
Or, is there something I need to do to keep my connection?

Here's another one!
I changed the passenger door handle hinge the other day (did it on the Pop too)
Connected or not, I noticed the air bag red light had come on, on the dash. Not being too clever with modern electrics/electronicsI took it to my friendly neighbourhood auto electrician.
His scanner showed a fault, but it did not say where. I read that there was a sensor in the door that I had been into to fix the handle, but he said it wasn't that. He cleaned the contacts on the ecu and seatbelt connections and tried all the usual suspects but could not find a fault anywhere.
He had a mate with the gear to update the software, so I went for that. It worked! The light is out (hopefully for good). I am holding my breath!
Is this a known cure for this light?
Why should it have showed a fault in the first place? I don't get it!

I've fitted a tow bar too which was really straight forward, although I did get the electrician to connect the wires. Canbus scares me!

I have 3 Old Moto Guzzis that run on a few wires and a bit of electricity, simple!
I used to love Moggy Minors for the same reason.

Cheers John.

/

Hi everyone!

I bought a 2016 Fiat 500 Lounge to replace our from new 2009 Pop. It has the new fangled LED screen and I would like to connect my MP3 player to the system. I have tried the usb port, but the MP3 keeps disconnecting in favour of the radio - and it did this in the old Pop too. Why I don't know. When it connects it all works great, but it will disconnect without any reason that I can see.

Can I connect a device via bluetooth instead of the usb?
Or, is there something I need to do to keep my connection?

Here's another one!
I changed the passenger door handle hinge the other day (did it on the Pop too)
Connected or not, I noticed the air bag red light had come on, on the dash. Not being too clever with modern electrics/electronicsI took it to my friendly neighbourhood auto electrician.
His scanner showed a fault, but it did not say where. I read that there was a sensor in the door that I had been into to fix the handle, but he said it wasn't that. He cleaned the contacts on the ecu and seatbelt connections and tried all the usual suspects but could not find a fault anywhere.
He had a mate with the gear to update the software, so I went for that. It worked! The light is out (hopefully for good). I am holding my breath!
Is this a known cure for this light?
Why should it have showed a fault in the first place? I don't get it!

I've fitted a tow bar too which was really straight forward, although I did get the electrician to connect the wires. Canbus scares me!

I have 3 Old Moto Guzzis that run on a few wires and a bit of electricity, simple!
I used to love Moggy Minors for the same reason.

Cheers John.

Hi John welcome to the forums! cant help with the car electrics i am afraid! but i share moto-guzzi fever and have owned my 1976 850t3 california for 17 years now! what you got!?.

/

Hi Steve? I have a 79 V1000 Convert, a 71 Ambassador and a 78 T3 California awaiting recommissioning.

Wow that will keep you:D busy!
I am one of the few who has had and enjoyed the convert Mine was a 1980 bike and i ran it for 11 years still got loads of rare parts for her including the last three genuine torque converter oil pump drive shaft keys in existence🤣( never seen any advertised for sale on e-bay or the like!) I bought them from a well respected guzzi dealer here in the u k( now gone unfortunately!) in around 2011 I need 1 he had 4 so i bought them all!.
I really liked the convert to ride always left her in "high" as found low a bit to "revy" and noisy! but found the "bellow" as you wacked the throttle open and waited for the road speed to catch up intoxicating! sort of rode her like a two stroke all revs and noise took a while to get used to sod all engine braking on a big v twin but got the hang of balancing the throttle whilst slightly "dragging " the brakes to hold you stable! only things i didnt like was lack of engine braking effect, brake pad wear because of it!, and fuel consumption of about 30mpg compared to my t3 which managed 45 mpg!.
Have ridden an Ambassador and liked that two only issues poor drum brakes and VERY clunky gearbox!.
great that theres another Guzzi nut out there! keep me informed of your progress and stay safe!
Steve

Back