Technical Quick question lights

Currently reading:
Technical Quick question lights

Reversing lights seem poor..

Only got one on the left.. Nothing on the Right.. 🤔

Is this correct?

Too dark to mess around tonight 😔
Been standard fare for years…get a LHD one to replace the fog light and wire in, then mount some ‘inset’ fog lights to
bumper, done this on several cars…
Going to do this to current panda and wife’s renegade, same lamp

One of my earliest mods;
1702942433801.png

Reversing light is in the lower part of the bumper. (fog light is on the other side).
Clear lens in the main cluster are the indicators.
Some owners put the facelift style lights on a pre-facelift car and mounted reversing lights (LED's) in the cluster, next to the indicator light.
But that would require a lot of DIY'ing. I'm sure I've seen instructions on the US Fiat 500 forum but I can't find it anymore.

I've replaced my reversing light with a LED light and it made a massive difference.
https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B0911X7XM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1

Last edited:
Reversing light is in the lower part of the bumper. (fog light is on the other side).
Clear lenses is the main cluster are the indicators.
Some owners put the facelift style lights on a pre-facelift car and mounted reversing lights (LED's) in the cluster, next to the indicator light.
But that would require a lot of DIY'ing. I'm sure I've seen instructions on the US Fiat 500 forum but I can't find it anymore.

I've replaced my reversing light with a LED light and it made a massive difference.
https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B0911X7XM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Thanks for that link I have just ordered one from Amazon UK (a bit cheaper here too). Reversing into the drive at my house gets a bit trickier in the winter, due to the complete lack of streetlighting and the underwhelming performance of the reversing light.

Reversing into the drive at my house gets a bit trickier in the winter, due to the complete lack of streetlighting and the underwhelming performance of the reversing light.
Add automatic lighting to the drive? Got to be better than any reversing light?

While we have very good street-lighting exactly opposite the house and I've fitted an LED sensor floodlight in the drive I've still never felt confident backing the FIAT in, especially given it's a cabrio and visibility is restricted. Added to that, the single, dim, reversing light on the nearside didn't help at all with seeing the offside. The central LED lamp I fitted under the bumper above made an enormous difference but I still prefer to drive in at night, rather than reverse. I've considered a reversing camera but after experience with the wife's Mazda I find I'm still more comfortable using the mirrors and reversing sensors.

Thanks all, 👍

IF I was planning to keep the car, and use it at night lots
I would probably fit a powered
WHITE Led in that clear indicator slot.. 🤔

Potentially paired with a SuperbrightLED in the standard bumper Reversing Lens.. So all driven from the standard Reversing feed 🤞

I suppose a BRIGHT Led could go in the bumper now.. 🤔

(I am not one for modifications, and 10 + years without bulb changes always feels like a win) 🙂

Last edited:
Add automatic lighting to the drive? Got to be better than any reversing light?
Already have one, but by the time I’ve got out of my car, unlocked the gates and have got back in the car the light goes out and then takes another 30 seconds to kick back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
When I was teaching learners regularly, with lessons in the dark evenings, despite the Corsa having two reversing lights, they were quite high up.
I mounted an additional reversing light under the bumper, to shine out the left rear corner behind the wheel. this lit the kerb well, for that wonderful reverse around a corner exercise. Lamp was not visible from behind the car, unless lit.
Specific purpose, but something similar could be used for other situations.

Last edited:
This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I really like this arrangement, but can't find that fitting in white....

So settled for these in the end....

2X 5inch Flush Mount LED Work Light Bar Spot Combo Reverse Lamps 4-Row Off Road

I figure I can 3D print a new front in white, and the other one is for spare.
As long as you can fit it flush in the curving bumper. Mine inevitably points down a bit but the spread of light makes up for that. It was a long time ago (2015) and I don't recall details but it's US made and has a die-cast body. It was certainly a lot more expensive than your option!

This is one I'd look at fitting these days;

But they all seem to be black!! Fine for me of course... 🙃

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
I wanted to 3D print the front in white, plus I didn't want the other ones that were nearly 100W, searching through I found 40W, (I bet they're all 40W with some creative text massaging) and the fixings at the front look like they genuinely allow removal of the rear section (plus the rear is alluminium, and the front is plastic). I should also be able to add a curvature to match the bumper :cool:

Back