Technical Quick question lights

Currently reading:
Technical Quick question lights

I wanted to 3D print the front in white, plus I didn't want the other ones that were nearly 100W, searching through I found 40W, (I bet they're all 40W with some creative text massaging) and the fixings at the front look like they genuinely allow removal of the rear section (plus the rear is alluminium, and the front is plastic). I should also be able to add a curvature to match the bumper :cool:
Looking forward to seeing how it comes out - Merry Christmas ☃️

Reversing light is in the lower part of the bumper. (fog light is on the other side).
Clear lens in the main cluster are the indicators.
Some owners put the facelift style lights on a pre-facelift car and mounted reversing lights (LED's) in the cluster, next to the indicator light.
But that would require a lot of DIY'ing. I'm sure I've seen instructions on the US Fiat 500 forum but I can't find it anymore.

I've replaced my reversing light with a LED light and it made a massive difference.
https://www.amazon.nl/gp/product/B0911X7XM6/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Finally got around to changing the reversing bulb. All I can say is that the new LED bulb is a game changer. 👌🏻

When I was teaching learners regularly, with lessons in the dark evenings, despite the Corsa having two reversing lights, they were quite high up.
I mounted an additional reversing light under the bumper, to shine out the left rear corner behind the wheel. this lit the kerb well, for that wonderful reverse around a corner exercise. Lamp was not visible from behind the car, unless lit.
Specific purpose, but something similar could be used for other situations.

I fitted an old CIBIE fog-lamp to the underside of the bumper on my old Alfa.. facing slightly nearside and wired in to the reversing lights.

These days that might trigger the CANBUS... but by the same token, these days we also have LEDs, which might not...

Ralf S.

I fitted an old CIBIE fog-lamp to the underside of the bumper on my old Alfa.. facing slightly nearside and wired in to the reversing lights.

These days that might trigger the CANBUS... but by the same token, these days we also have LEDs, which might not...

Ralf S.
You could do that sort of thing in olden times - my big ute had a Hella marine worklamp performing the same function. Even though there was zero visibility through the rear window, and it was 5.2m long, I could reverse that on the mirrors at night more accurately than my 500! 🙃

I've just received these (09 car) 144 leds for the reversing light

Attachments

• 17085276142115641607154801005996.jpg
    17085276142115641607154801005996.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 15
Back