General Had my car broken into tonight!!!

Currently reading:
General Had my car broken into tonight!!!

not being funny but reading what was nicked and what was left they must have known you had those items in your car and they must have a punto (aint worth nicking side repeaters otherwise cause you wont get much selling them on). as for dust caps you should get the anti theft ones that spin around, caught some kids trying to nick mine they were there nearly 20 mins trying to get them off lmao.

Did you tell anyone you had all that ice in your car, and do they have a punto? maybe an inside job at the gym:idea:

seems a bit odd to me...

good idea with to delocking, but at the end of the day if someone wants to get in they will get in. I have a STOPLOCK pro and gearstick lock even those may stop the car being nicked it would stop someone getting in it. Thats the world we live in, unfortunatly theres a lot of tossers in the world. hope it all works out for you(y)

it could be someone from the gym, it proberly is, but i dont really talk about stuff in my car, they could have pulled out the stereo noticed the bright green rca leads and thought something must be in the boot.

i have also found that tonight my locking bolt key for my alloys has been taken! how can i get my alloy bolts off now? so i can get a new set of locking bolts

Last edited:
it could be someone from the gym, it proberly is, but i dont really talk about stuff in my car, they could have pulled out the stereo noticed the bright green rca leads and thought something must be in the boot.

i have also found that tonight my locking bolt key for my alloys has been taken! how can i get my alloy bolts off now? so i can get a new set of locking bolts

chain you wheels to you chasii mate with good loocks if you have them!

Any garage will be able to remove the wheel locks my mate lost 2 his key twice, thought he would learnt from the first time lol. Think it cost around £40 for removal of old one and fitting of new ones. Even cheaper if you get your own new locking wheel bolts.

Sorry to hear about this mate, it happened to my girlfriends car last year except they went in through the window, they took the stereo nut left the facia, left all her cd's and her sat nav even though they had gone through the glovebox (which is where they were kept). You know your lifes in a bad way when you can't even break the law properly:rolleyes:

Doubt the police will do anything, they told my g/f they would send a forensic officer round to fingerprint the car and then they sent her a letter saying none were found, the thing is nobody ever came round to fingerprint it so it shows how interested they are. Probably too busy giving out fines for people parked on yellow lines.....atleast by doing that they are making money for Mr Brown.

Wouldn't bother with insurance to be honest, it will cost you more in the long run.....

And as for this suggestion.............
well tbh i would pay the £200 excess but the ipod and sat nav WENT TO DIDNT THEY;) haha also you had a cd collection didnt you? might aswell everyone else does it
I wish we could ban people for saying this. Surely aiding and abetting is a criminal offence and should be seen as such on this forum. Don't ever lie to your insurance, they will find out. And especially don't try and pursuade somebody else to, thats just downright irresponsible.

Judging by when you said they took your parcel shelf and indicators they must be local and must drive the same car otherwise thats just pointless. 6x9's can be ripped off a parcel shelf and besides, runing off with all of that is going to be a hastle. Obviously they would have had a car to put the lot into so try and see if there are any CCTV cameras anywhere else, not just the gym, other local cameras might just have your car in view.

You can use this guide to get your locking nuts off but you will have to buy new ones afterwards.
https://www.fiatforum.com/miscellaneous-guides/128372-removing-locking-bolt-without-locking-nut.html

I'm looking for a good car stereo - seen one just like it in a Punto thats often down the gym. ;D

The metal plates idea is the easiest way to make the door locks secure but you need to have remote locking (plip) on the ignition key or an aftermarket setup tied in with the alarm. One day I'll get around to doing mine.

To get access, the inside door cards have to come off and you have to glue the metal plates over the inside of the outer door skin or door frame to protect the lock mechanism. You will need to do some head scratching to work out the best position. The aim is to prevent the panel being bodged through so a wire hook cant be used to pull a lock lever. Strong double sided tape should be enough. Dont do the boot lock just in case the key battery fails.

The window glass can be strengthened with security film that wont allow the glass to be pushed in. Dont get a tint as it will most likely be too dark. All side and rear windows need to be done. But its costly stuff.

My Bro's car in Italy had the alarm siren INSIDE the cabin up behind the heater. Everyone ignores car alarms but when his went off you could not put your head inside the car. Any thieving git couldn't stand the noise for long enough to steal the radio. You could do this with a battery backed repeater siren that carries on even when the wires are cut. Make sure you have some ear plugs hidden away just in case it goes faulty. :eek:

Stoplocks are fab for making joyriders move along to the next victim.

Valve caps - I now use cheap plastic ones as my nice alloy caps always got stolen.

Last edited:
If they've taken your alloy locking key I'd be careful where you leave it. Might be back with a jack next time. Although I suppose If they wanted to take the wheels they would just ram any old socket on there.

If they've taken your alloy locking key I'd be careful where you leave it. Might be back with a jack next time. Although I suppose If they wanted to take the wheels they would just ram any old socket on there.

Good point, but the OP didnt mention wheel locks only the alloy caps (presume he means valve caps).

Sorry to hear about this mate, it happened to my girlfriends car last year except they went in through the window, they took the stereo nut left the facia, left all her cd's and her sat nav even though they had gone through the glovebox (which is where they were kept). You know your lifes in a bad way when you can't even break the law properly:rolleyes:

Doubt the police will do anything, they told my g/f they would send a forensic officer round to fingerprint the car
and then they sent her a letter saying none were found, the thing is nobody ever came round to fingerprint it so it shows how interested they are. Probably too busy giving out fines for people parked on yellow lines.....atleast by doing that they are making money for Mr Brown.

Wouldn't bother with insurance to be honest, it will cost you more in the long run.....

And as for this suggestion.............

I wish we could ban people for saying this. Surely aiding and abetting is a criminal offence and should be seen as such on this forum. Don't ever lie to your insurance, they will find out. And especially don't try and pursuade somebody else to, thats just downright irresponsible.

Judging by when you said they took your parcel shelf and indicators they must be local and must drive the same car otherwise thats just pointless. 6x9's can be ripped off a parcel shelf and besides, runing off with all of that is going to be a hastle. Obviously they would have had a car to put the lot into so try and see if there are any CCTV cameras anywhere else, not just the gym, other local cameras might just have your car in view.

You can use this guide to get your locking nuts off but you will have to buy new ones afterwards.
https://www.fiatforum.com/miscellaneous-guides/128372-removing-locking-bolt-without-locking-nut.html

yes, i got that phone call this morning, said they have an idea who it is, with the hole in lock being a "trademark" - will wait and see what happens!

thanks for the guide, but the garage said that they cant do it as the nuts are "sunk" into my alloy

Last edited:
Try a more pro-active garage. It can't be an uncommon problem

yes i will do mate, might drive around tomorrow and see a few garages as i have the day off work. Also see if i can get a few prices on my door and lock!

the garage where i went today suggested many things:
-> Steel plate around the lock (people have said best thing to do on here)
-> Fix lock and body repair hole
-> Take lock out and have a fob lock instead, body repair hole
-> Ring breakers yard and get new door, code the lock to my key

What brand wheel nuts are they? Contact the manufacturer.

Ordered a new key for my alloys (halfords done it all for me where i got them from) today but may take up to 5 days (ordered just incase garages cant get them off atleast might only be few more days wait) i feel that they have taken the key to come back for the alloys at a later date!

Last edited:
I reckon so. Cheapest secure option is probably to delock the door with thick plates behind the holes and neat covers where the locks used to be. New locks will be prone to the same trick in the future. Put plates inside door behind the panel - much neater than cover plates on the outside

There are left-handed helical sockets for taking rounded bolts (or wheel locks) off. They work like stud extractors on the outside as opposed to down a hole.

At least you now have the wheels secured.

digging up abit of an old post, but guys, they keep coming back through the same hole! and the hole getting bigger and bigger :mad: what do the f***ers want! my car has nothing in it worth robbing!

whats the best way to secure it?

Its so easy to gain access once the holes already there so any little scumbag will see it as a easy target.

1)You could just fill it with some filler and get a touchup kit and paint the filler, it will be easy to make a hole in the filler but at least they'll think its metal.

2) or you could get it welded and grind it smooth and paint.

3) delocked

Putting in new locks will mean taking off the door cards and the plastic door lining and buying new locks.

Later, the ScumBags will be back to fnck up your new locks.

Metal plates inside the door with remote locking might cost a little more but the SBs wont be able to jemmie the locks.

To tidy the panel hole you could cover it with a stick-on disc (painted or chrome) a bit bigger than the old lock. Welding over, filling and repainting is ideal but costly.

Keep the boot lid lock for emergencies or fit a hidden wire you can use to pull the boot release cable from outside the car.

A StopLock deters 99% of joy riders - too much hassle.

Ignore the pros - if they want the car enough they will have it regardless of what you do.

I think of a downside to delocking - I know if I was a theif a delocked punto = boy racer lots of ICE so may encourage someone to break into your car.

If you are going to delock I would definity remove the locking pin from inside too, else they can easily bend the door frame to open or smash a window.

But even then it still leaves your boot which they could force open.

Instead of messing with all the locks just have an alarm installed or just put the stickers to say your car is alarmed on the window, that may deter them.

Either that or wire up the lock to give a nasty electric shock from it, just make sure you're wearing marigolds whenever you open her yourself :p

Back