Technical Fiat Panda Heater Blowers, Squirters, Full Beam Not Working

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Panda Heater Blowers, Squirters, Full Beam Not Working

Thanks so much for all these detailed replies. I will follow your instructions today and hopefully one of them will be the fix.

On your last reply you've pointed out the C011, would it be the same process to check it? Unplug and check for corrosion etc?

Thanks again

Thanks so much for all these detailed replies. I will follow your instructions today and hopefully one of them will be the fix.

On your last reply you've pointed out the C011, would it be the same process to check it? Unplug and check for corrosion etc?

Thanks again
yes 👍

A quick update.

I tried the easiest option of disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but no change.

Struggled to find the black box in the passenger footwell but I was looking on the inside rather than near the door hinge, so will have to go back to that.

I think I found the C011, is this it shown in the picture? If so, should I unbolt it and unplug the connector to see its condition?

Attachments

• IMG_1756.jpg
    IMG_1756.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 29
A quick update.

I tried the easiest option of disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but no change.

Struggled to find the black box in the passenger footwell but I was looking on the inside rather than near the door hinge, so will have to go back to that.

I think I found the C011, is this it shown in the picture? If so, should I unbolt it and unplug the connector to see its condition?
just been out to my 1.2 eco 2010 and its completely different wiring and doesn't use a block at all

all I can say it looks right, and is in about the the right location

would have preferred to confirm it on my vehicle.

Disconnect the battery negative. Unbolt it. The connections should look like this

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 18
Hello, sorry it's taken a little while to provide an update.

So I unbolted the C011 and opened the connector. There appeared to be no corrosion or water damage. The wires all looked ok as far as I could see.

I also found the earth points in the passenger footwell (C020) under the glove box on the outer side if the car. Again all the connections looked fine, no corrosion or anything untoward.

So it doesn't seem to be the earths.

I just noticed that I have a reverse light is out, wouldn't have thought that would cause such big problems but will get it replaced asap.

I assumed the full beams were not working because of the electrical issue, because they both stopped working. But perhaps I should check the full beam bulbs? The dipped and normal lights work though, apart from the 10 second delay when starting the car.

Any more suggestions are always welcome. Many thanks

I just noticed that I have a reverse light is out, wouldn't have thought that would cause such big problems but will get it replaced asap.

I assumed the full beams were not working because of the electrical issue, because they both stopped working. But perhaps I should check the full beam bulbs? The dipped and normal lights work though, apart from the 10 second delay when starting the car.

Any more suggestions are always welcome. Many thanks
well done on finding the earth points and checking them

you need to fix the other bulbs first

the body computer shuts things down if it detects a problem

take a look here https://www.fiatforum.com/threads/help-no-dipped-beam.491745/post-4623854 to see a faulty bulb stops the body computer

I'm pleased to announce that the problem is fixed!

After the last suggestions I started checking all the bulbs and noticed that the reverse light was out.

The bulb looked ok, but swapped it for a new one anyway and it still didn't work.

So, decided to go back to the fuse, particularly the reverse light (F31) fuse, and low and behold... it was blown

Swapped the fuse and voila, everything is back to normal! Blowers, squirters, full beam everything.

Feel a little silly that I didn't spot that fuse at the beginning as I check a lot of them, but glad that I got there in the end.

Thanks so much for all the help koalar, your suggestions definitely lead me to the fix. So thank you!!!

Squirters are probably disconnected under the black plastic at the bottom of the screen when you lift the bonnet.

They ice up easily and blow themselves off when you try to use them.
5 minute fix.

Back