Technical Fiat Panda Heater Blowers, Squirters, Full Beam Not Working

Currently reading:
Technical Fiat Panda Heater Blowers, Squirters, Full Beam Not Working

samferguson

Having a problem with my Fiat Panda 2009 1.1 Eco electrics.

There are a number of things that stopped working at the same time, here are the symptoms:
  • No life from the heater blowers in the car
  • Full beam lights not working
  • No life from the windscreen squirters front and back
  • 10 second delay for electric windows to respond after turning on the engine
  • 10 second delay for headlights to come on after turning engine on
So far I've been through the fuses and everything looks ok.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Having a problem with my Fiat Panda 2009 1.1 Eco electrics.

There are a number of things that stopped working at the same time, here are the symptoms:
  • No life from the heater blowers in the car
  • Full beam lights not working
  • No life from the windscreen squirters front and back
  • 10 second delay for electric windows to respond after turning on the engine
  • 10 second delay for headlights to come on after turning engine on
So far I've been through the fuses and everything looks ok.

Any advice would be really appreciated.
let look up the circuit diagrams and see what connects them all

give me 1/2 hour just in the middle of something else

I can give it a try and see. So start the engine, then stop it but leave the ignition on, and flick the left stalk up?

Just gave it a try and the display doesn't say 30. There is always a 10-15 second delay for the lights to come on from turning on the ignition. The headlight tilt on the display doesn't show until the lights come on after the delay. Hope that helps.

Just gave it a try and the display doesn't say 30. There is always a 10-15 second delay for the lights to come on from turning on the ignition. The headlight tilt on the display doesn't show until the lights come on after the delay. Hope that helps.
my mistake

take the key out before flicking the left stalk up

it activates the get me home function or whatever fiat call it The lights should stay on for 30 seconds even if you get out of the car and lock it

cheers
thats good
does your car have aircon with climate control, where you can set the temperature, ignore this even the most basic heating get its power via the body computer

I haven't seen an obvious connection between them all yet

Going to check on the relays but dont think there is a common denominator

Last edited:
everything failed at the same time

they all run from the body computer

Have you disconnected the battery for a few minutes ?

is the drivers carpet damp ?

The car does have aircon but no climate control.

Yes everything seemed to fail at the same time.

Haven't tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, do you think that's worth a try?

That's a good question about the drivers carpet being wet. A couple of years ago I was getting water coming into the drivers footwell. After a quick Google I realised that the scuttle under the windscreen was full of water after the draining holes were blocked with leaves. I managed the clear the drain holes and the water cleared and it hasn't happened again. That was a couple of years ago and the issue started a couple of months ago. Do you think past issue with water could have caused any issues?

The car does have aircon but no climate control.

Yes everything seemed to fail at the same time.

Haven't tried disconnecting the battery for a few minutes, do you think that's worth a try?

That's a good question about the drivers carpet being wet. A couple of years ago I was getting water coming into the drivers footwell. After a quick Google I realised that the scuttle under the windscreen was full of water after the draining holes were blocked with leaves. I managed the clear the drain holes and the water cleared and it hasn't happened again. That was a couple of years ago and the issue started a couple of months ago. Do you think past issue with water could have caused any issues?
fingers crossed it not water damage. Early days yet

Yes its worth disconnecting the battery, Safe as long as you have a factory radio and its not a cassette player..

they can get in a bit of a faulty loop and a reset is needed. It has fixed things in the past like indicators coming on randomly while the car is parked up

Ok, that sounds very promising. Thanks for all the information.

I will have a look to see if I can find it.

How do you go about checking an earth?

the black block. two connectors, unplug them make sure there no green corrosion. Check with a Good light
unbolt the metal tab from the shell and clean both surfaces with a kitchen scouring pad

also clean the one on the right chassis rail when looking from the front, near the battery. Shouldn't be this one but its only a 2 minutes to clean. Earths are a bit weird as the all use the body shell and if one is faulty they don't always stop working as its often possible to reach the shell via a different circuit

don't need to look at the one on the gearbox as long as the ca is turning over fine

Last edited:
one more little thing that might help to diagnose the problem

Check all the bulbs are working, none blown. We have just had a faulty bulb stop the body computer. I have done a Hyundai where a blown side light meant the headlights were slow to turn on

also have someone look at the rear of the car, put the indicators on and press the rear brakes, Make sure there all fine. Then do the same with the lights on and indicators. unlikely. But quick and free

mmmmm

this is where I would look here first

cant see where the windows or blower come into it

But this is an earth for the headlights and washer pump

and has been under water in the scuttle

I am not a betting man but odds must be good

Attachments

• temp.jpg
    temp.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 33
Back