f1 2013 prediction thread

Currently reading:
f1 2013 prediction thread

Your right about McLaren they have seemed to have gone backwards I remember when lewis left people were wondering why he was leaving a superior team and taking a backwards step to mercedes
McLaren seem to be locked in to their own world. Their design philospy seems to be driven only by simulation and wind-tunnel data, and ignoring the fact that the car has to be driven. When you watch their cars compared say with Ferrari, or even Force Inda, they seem rock solid and porpoising up and down which gains and loses, gains and loses downforce. I think they need to get an old-school racer in like Gary Anderson to have a look over their philosophy.
Also today, they stuck to a strategy when clearly Jenson was losing so much lap time he would have been better stopping again. Also, when you are going to run a long first stint, why start on the super-softs?

Well silverstone is here :)and I'm going staying in warwick for two nights.hoping even more than usual for a ferrari win and hopefully the good weather will last:thumbup:

Well with Mark Webber retiring at the end of the season ti go racing porsches should make for an interesting driver frenzy.I mean who wouldn't want to drive for a team that have won the championship for the last 3years and probably this year as well:cool:

Well with Mark Webber retiring at the end of the season ti go racing porsches should make for an interesting driver frenzy.I mean who wouldn't want to drive for a team that have won the championship for the last 3years and probably this year as well:cool:

So long as you don't mind being a no2 driver. :rolleyes:

So long as you don't mind being a no2 driver. :rolleyes:

I highly doubt Kimi will become a no.2 driver. Raikkonen is more than a match for Vettel, given the same car I do believe Kimi would have the edge. Should this happen I find it hard to see anything other than a Red Bull one-two race in race out!

There's only two other drivers on the grid who could come close to Seb or Kimi, but their teams aren't as well organised as red bull and their cars are still some way off. It's a no brainer for red bull to go for Kimi IMO, Vergne and Riccardo aren't showing enough promise to move up to the main team yet, and there's no other driver outside the top 3 teams worth going for.

It will also do Vettel some good to have a team mate who is really on the same level as he is, and if he can prove himself against Raikkonen then we really can start talking about Seb being up there with the likes of Schumacher, Senna, Prost etc. Because despite him being 3 time (likely 4) world champion, you can't deny they've had the best car all this time and he's started from the front more times than I care to mention.

I agree. I like Mark Webber. He's a good "bloke" but if you think back to his lower formula days, he was regularly beaten by drivers such as Justin Wilson who couldn't get a decent break in F1 and ended up in The States. Vettel was beaten in Euro F3 by Paul Di Resta, although Vettel did have a hand injury for some races apparently.
This is not to say that Di Resta is better than Vettel, but I think in the same car they would be very close.
Vettel has mastered the art of driving these blown diffuser cars better than Webber. Vettel drives with the youthful confidence to know that by putting his foot on the loud pedal coming in to a corner it will actually give him the grip that the car needs to get round the corner. I can't imagine Jenson would have adapted to this idea very well.
Back 20 years ago, once Mansell had gained confidence in the active-ride Williams he was often much faster than team mate Patrese because his extra speed generated even more down force,and he had the physical strength to combat the G and just manhandle the car in to the corners with faster turn in, and break and turn at the same time, allowing him to hit an earlier apex and get back on the gas even earlier.
Good luck to Mark anyway. He wears his heart on his sleeve and needs to feel loved in a team.

I highly doubt Kimi will become a no.2 driver. Raikkonen is more than a match for Vettel

I was referring to the way Red Bull is centered around the spoilt Vettel who would not be able to cope with the faster racer that is Kimi. Mind you that would be good to watch and see Vettel beaten and throw his toys out (y)

I was referring to the way Red Bull is centered around the spoilt Vettel who would not be able to cope with the faster racer that is Kimi. Mind you that would be good to watch and see Vettel beaten and throw his toys out (y)

Yeah I know what you meant, I was meaning that even if red bull get Raikkonen with the intention of him being no.2, Kimi will have other ideas, you know what he's like! I'd love to see the balance of power even itself out in that team just to see how Vettel copes without all the favouritism. Only then will we be able to truly judge his 3 time world champion status

Yeah I know what you meant, I was meaning that even if red bull get Raikkonen with the intention of him being no.2, Kimi will have other ideas, you know what he's like! I'd love to see the balance of power even itself out in that team just to see how Vettel copes without all the favouritism. Only then will we be able to truly judge his 3 time world champion status

Kimi wouldn't stand for it, he doesn't say much but when something is not to his liking he's not backward in coming forward.

I think that people didn't want to see Vettell gifted a race. He was so lucky (before his gearbox went. Did you see the picture of the tyre that they took off at his first stop? That can only have been half a lap from letting go.
I admire Adrian Newy. He's the best by a mile. I have nothing against Horner, or Mr Mateschitz for waht he's achieved selling fizzy pop. But that Helmut Marko, he needs a word. I could well imagine him in a black uniform with certain isignia on it, if you get my drift.

it was amazing how many people at the race have gone of seb since his ignoring of team orders (me includeded)in general the race fans are a generous bunch applauding every driver but not so with seb amazing what a differance a year makes

Poor Seb he doesn't deserve people cheering because he's out, he's only doing his job, which is racing!! If someone told me to let someone slower than me win I'd ignore them too :)

I am quite sure that the British F1 fans are the fairest across the world. But Vettel has done a few things to turn fans against him:
1. By winning 3 consecutive world championships and in so doing putting himself ahead on Alonso. Some feel that he has not "paid his dues" yet.
2. He has had a car advantage, but then it is very rare to win a championship in F1 without a car advantage for at least part of the season.
3. He showed complete contempt for Webber. "Mark is too slow. Get him out of the way" is not the way to speak about your team mate in private, let alone on open radio.
4. He has had some exceptional luck Do you remember for example when he T boned Button at Spa. Button retired and Vettel carried on to wreak more carnage. In Brazil last year he turned in on Maldonado, got spun round, his side pods damaged (where the radiators are) and yet he still managed to finish the race.
The public recognise he is a very good driver in an exceptional car, and he exploits the car brilliantly, but is he on a par with Senna or Prost yet?
We will probably never know for as long as he is in a Newey car.

Back