f1 2013 prediction thread

Currently reading:
f1 2013 prediction thread

Imagine if it was Sutil that he did it to! Something definitely would have happened then :) Leave Sebby alone :p

And Hamilton driving in to the wrong pit, that made my day (y)

Yes I think if it was Sutil involved, Vettel might be in hospital by now having stitches.
Although they are both German, so maybe not.
I am guessing that you are lucky enough to be too young to remember the classic inter-team feuds of the past? Pironi / Villeneuve, Prost / Arnoux / Mansell / Piquet, Prost / Senna etc.
Whilst these can seem very entertaining at the time, they can lead to the most serious of consequences.
Gilles Villeneuve was so incensed by Didier Pironi (his Ferrari team mate) ignoring a "hold station" team order due to fuel consumption worries in 1981 that at the next race at Zolder he was determined to beat Pironi. In final practise Pironi had set a faster time, and Villeneuve blitzed the next lap right on the ragged edge in a red mist, and came up behind a slower car, but rather than aborting he kept his foot in and launched in to the back of the slower car. He was thrown from the car and died instantly.

Found it odd watching the coverage...Vettel being somewhat vilified for doing what amounted to going racing...

It's a kick in the teeth for Webber and I doubt he would let Vettel past if instructed ever now so that may be something Vettel comes to regret if Webber is in a position where ordinarily he could help him as that bridge is burning nicely.

Would have been a dull race without team orders LOL..

Definitely too young... 11 years before my time :)
The clue is in the sceen name !
If you are a fan of F1, try and get hold of some old race footage.

Just seeing the cars entering and leaving the pits as fast as possible was something else.
No 80kph speed limit in those days! Madness!!
The only thing that often spoiled the racing was that reliability was very poor compared with today.

Found it odd watching the coverage...Vettel being somewhat vilified for doing what amounted to going racing...

It's a kick in the teeth for Webber and I doubt he would let Vettel past if instructed ever now so that may be something Vettel comes to regret if Webber is in a position where ordinarily he could help him as that bridge is burning nicely.

Would have been a dull race without team orders LOL..

I agree, it was much more entertaining, but as long as there are 2 championships running alongside each other, (driver's and manufacturer's) then team orders will happen.
Vettel wasn't villified for racing. He was villified for overtaking somebody who was following team orders and had turned the wick down and was managing his tyres. If Webber had realised that Seb was going to attack him he could have put the hammer down and been out of sight and it wouldn't have been an issue.
If however, he did that, and there had been no team orders, and massacred his tyres, and Vettel overtook him towards the end of the race, then nobody could have any complaints about that. But then Mercedes might well have passed both of them!

I've watched f1 ever since I can remember, would love to go watch it one day :) Got the chance to see all Jackie Stewarts cars at autosport international, along with the man himself.

4d7bc80a1b46d8e4b90c03fd47f0a39a.jpg

Can't forget Seb :D

de903efe960cbb7a6c14adf0065bdfd7.jpg

I've watched f1 ever since I can remember, would love to go watch it one day :) Got the chance to see all Jackie Stewarts cars at autosport international, along with the man himself.

4d7bc80a1b46d8e4b90c03fd47f0a39a.jpg

Can't forget Seb :D

de903efe960cbb7a6c14adf0065bdfd7.jpg
I hope you get the chance, although it is too expensive I think.
TV is OK, but you don't get any idea of just how phenomenally fast they are.
You look at a bend that looks pretty tight to us as normal car drivers, and then find that the F1 cars take it flat out .
Also the noise is something else. It goes right through your body.
I haven't been to a race since before you were born (1990 and 1991, I went to British, Portuguese (twice) and Australian GP's). Kids came along and I haven't been able to afford it ever since!

I would love to go one day.

I hate that the BBC haven't shown any of them yet, I used to watch them all, even the ones at stupid o'clock. Now I can take it or leave it.

I would love to go one day.

I hate that the BBC haven't shown any of them yet, I used to watch them all, even the ones at stupid o'clock. Now I can take it or leave it.

They're only showing 9 out of the 19 on the bbc :( suzi perry is exactly what I thought she would be like, annoying and pointing out the obvious! All the banter has gone! When is EJ back??

I don't know where Eddie is. Perhaps they are only using him for when they have the live broadcasts. He can't be cheap, what with those shirts he has to buy.
I followed Sunday's race by listening to radio 5 live's commentary and by following the live timing screens off www.formulaone.com . Well it is a little bit behind realtime, but still good enough.
That tells you a lot if you know what to look for. For example you can tell who is setting fastest laps and sector times. Somebody who is coming up to needing new tyres, are they losing a lot of time or keeping up a good pace? To be honest I quite enjoyed it. Then I watched the race on BBC in the afternoon. Sad? Yeah maybe!

looking forward to todays race good to be watching at a more reasonable hour (y)hopefully another ferrari win alonso or massa if not kimmi would be good.although im no fan of hammy ive got to admit he is doing i good job for mercedes.it will be nice to get to the european races and see some full circuits

Noooooooooooooooooooooo !
Only joking, Vettel won fair and square. I just hope he doesn't run away with it. 4 consecutive championships and they won't be able to find a helmet big enough for his head!

Mercedes are looking pretty good for tomorrow. Kirstie i think maybe you have a 50% chance of getting a rosberg win but lewis may spoil it for you. Personally i would like a ferrari win but wouldnt mind a rosberg win:)

Back