Extreme Camber

Currently reading:
Extreme Camber

Hope this fade doesn't take off in the UK. Nice looking motors which are spolied by them silly wheels

Oh I don't know. It might be good for the muppets to spend a fortune on a car only for plod to lift & crush it straight away. :D

Sadly, I believe it will be like the uninsured, untaxed, untested brigade - some can go on for years without being caught & meantime they could cause untold carnage.

Yes but most of those will have had an MOT at some point and using tyres within their designed specifications?

I think the huge camber brigade are less of a danger to me than the usual morons on the road with dodgy MOT's and terrible driving habits.

Witness the retro-rides guys who lower their cars to the point where they get sparks. It forces them into a low and slow driving style. A modification like the camber shown here is going to mean you're going slower and paying a lot more attention to what you're doing.

And the fact that someone is interested enough to do this to a car would indicate to me that they're more of an enthusiast than the average commuting drone.

what going to happen when local 17 yo decides to copy it on his punto though, goes to b&q buys a pack of soft steel long bolts and 12 packs of washers and fits 2 inches of washers on the bottom of his stub axle

Or when the local muppet decides that the cheapest way to lower his shed is to buy a load of cable ties from poundland, jack up a corner to compress the spring & strap it up like that. result - all 4 corners lowered.
then a couple of cable ties fail. Sadly, there are so many out there who want to emulate cars they see in films or on the web, they don't have the cash to do it right so look at the bodge job.

what going to happen when local 17 yo decides to copy it on his punto though, goes to b&q buys a pack of soft steel long bolts and 12 packs of washers and fits 2 inches of washers on the bottom of his stub axle

Or when the local muppet decides that the cheapest way to lower his shed is to buy a load of cable ties from poundland, jack up a corner to compress the spring & strap it up like that. result - all 4 corners lowered.

You're right! I've been approaching life all wrong! I should sit inside my house all day, wrapped in bubble wrap, which is in turn wrapped in padding foam that is of course fire resistant and simply never move because of the 1 in 21234242412312312 chance that someone has bodged a car repair that fails at the precise moment I'm following them and the whole thing ends in a horrible death for me!

Lighten up would you. Life is risky and people are stupid. Deal with it.

then a couple of cable ties fail. Sadly, there are so many out there who want to emulate cars they see in films or on the web, they don't have the cash to do it right so look at the bodge job.

they are worse than that, some cut springs then use cable ties to stop them falling out.

enthusiast

This sort of modification is not illegal in the UK(yet) and is only done by "enthusiasts", those that understand what, how and the consequences so it shouldn't be a problem. However, if things do get out of hand the idiots decided to join in the old bill will step up to the mark and insist the law is changed to protect the innocent.

Yes it's extreme but so far its been controlled and harmless(and amusing :D).

Last edited:
Youngest has spent the w/e at Santa Pod. I asked him if he was considering extreme camber for his next mod - he said there were loads there this weekend (he even knows a guy in this area - although I average 100 miles per day around town & yet to see it).
He reckons it looks 'sick' but you'd have to need a lobotomy if you were to consider taking it on the roads.
From the mouth of my boy racer :D

Youngest has spent the w/e at Santa Pod. I asked him if he was considering extreme camber for his next mod - he said there were loads there this weekend (he even knows a guy in this area - although I average 100 miles per day around town & yet to see it).
He reckons it looks 'sick' but you'd have to need a lobotomy if you were to consider taking it on the roads.
From the mouth of my boy racer :D

i was supposed to be there, but my car still in body shop ? :(

i was supposed to be there, but my car still in body shop ? :(

I'd let you know what it was like but I barely understood a word he was saying.

I think he wasn't well or something - something about sick?
& he picked up a load of free drink in a fluorescent bottle & then something about heading off to Milton keynes after.

He kept talking about bears as well - bear cars, bear drinks & bear s**t. I figured this was some kind of branding?

I'd let you know what it was like but I barely understood a word he was saying.

I think he wasn't well or something - something about sick?
& he picked up a load of free drink in a fluorescent bottle & then something about heading off to Milton keynes after.

He kept talking about bears as well - bear cars, bear drinks & bear s**t. I figured this was some kind of branding?

sick is syk = good. no idea what bear is, have to ask Fred.

did he mention the fuel girls? i know what they are :devil:

527070_3385163961869_866265943_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back