Extreme Camber

Currently reading:
Extreme Camber

Sooo....
Sushi came from Japan, that's **** too...
Surely from a road safety stance that's illegal?
If tyres with no camper only cover an area of an A4 sheet of paper when gripping the road, these must be half that?
I just wouldn't feel safe driving around.
Madness
Ta

thing is tho - they will have NO performance benifits with it that far....

The contact patch will be soo small - as as dave said it'll rip tyres down quickly

Plus such gastly wheel arch extensions and poor turning circles
and no suspension really?

Love to see them live near me

Ziggy

Demon Camber! Its the way the Japanese car culture moves, it takes a fashion and takes it to the extreme. Personally hate how extreme it is now.

That Celica was legit before it had that done to it, had a few degrees of camber and a RWD conversion for drifting. Now though, he empties a whole can of bead seal on the wheel to seal the tyre, coz the tyres don't reach the rim. Apparently had to stop hourly to pump the tyres up on the way to that show, coz they leak air quite badly. Idiot.

So, you fit alloys with a width of about 8" then whack a seriously retarded camber on the wheels, reducing tyre contact width to 1" or thereabouts?
How, in any country, can that mod be legal?
There seems to be no consideration for anyone's safety - how the hell would you brake safely if you had to?

I get my kicks taking the greatest freedom machine ever invented and shackling it to a race track where it can only go around and around. Some would consider that to be lunacy, dangerous, pointless, etc but doing it makes me feel warm and happy inside. If someone wants to dial in 25 degrees of negative camber and meet up with like minded souls for those same feelings of warmth and happiness, who am I to argue. :)

I get my kicks taking the greatest freedom machine ever invented and shackling it to a race track where it can only go around and around. Some would consider that to be lunacy, dangerous, pointless, etc but doing it makes me feel warm and happy inside. If someone wants to dial in 25 degrees of negative camber and meet up with like minded souls for those same feelings of warmth and happiness, who am I to argue. :)

Yes but the only people your endangering is your self and other like minded people at the event (I happen to be like you I love track days :slayer:). These 'people' are endangering every innocent bystander and pedestrian who happens to live in the vicinity of where they are driving their 'creations'.

It's like me hitting the public road and taking every corner on the racing line at medium / full throttle. Even if I were to do this I'd be in a lot more control of my car than these people are...

These 'people' are endangering every innocent bystander and pedestrian who happens to live in the vicinity of where they are driving their 'creations'.

As are all the inattentive idiots I encounter on my commute every morning. Driving is dangerous. I've accepted that and I keep my eye out for potential hazards whenever I'm near a road.

Last edited:
If that were the case surely such extreme camber would be illegal?

As far as I can tell its not illegal. :shrug:

Probably isn't but you can't say driving round in a vehicle that weigh's over a ton virtually on the side-walls with less tyre footprint than a ****ing mountain bike is safe? Not only that some of that DIY welding is horrific, could be broken apart by my 5 year old daughter and a plastic mallet.

herbie did it first.:)

l.jpg

Thinking about it, you look at some of the pics on the web from around the world and there are some right old sheds held together with duct tape or wheels mising 7 the driver is using bits of a shopping trolley to hold up one corner - and you wonder how the hell these things are allowed.
Got to believe that some countries do not have an equivalent to the MOT.

car-repairs-fail.jpg

Back