DSC_0029.JPG

Cinquecento Emma's Turbo Progress Thread!

Introduction

Hey, as some of u may know my turbo cinq is in the middle of having an engine rebuild by my dad. This is the progress so far, and will add to this thread as things happen.

So far......
Port and poilsh and a bit of boring out nearly finished
Luke1985 said:
There will be longer pedal travel from using the standard cinquecento master cylinder as you're pushing bigger pistons, but not to the extent you're describing.

Mine was similar though, i wound the pistons in and out a couple of times then re-bled the system and that seems to have sorted it mainly. Also it bites alot better now the disks and pads have bedded in. But still not as firm as what it was like before :)

If you pump the brake pedal a few times it goes nice and stiff rigth from the top though, due to the vacuum assistance. Mine doesnt really bite till about a 1/3 down the pedal travel normally

Yes its not that bad, its how you have described. The thing is when the punto brakes were fitted to my other cinq the pedal was great, but on this cinq not so good.
The disks and pads still need to bed in, so it may get better as you said!
Thanks for the help :)

foxyemx said:
No the master cylinder hasn't been touched, why what are you thinking?

Nothing regarding that if it hasnt been out, sorry, best listen to the others professionals on here, cant help further, all i would have done is -bleed the brakes but you've done that, everything else is new, theres no leaks (?), but yes i suppose i would try the master cylinder:eek:

Jordan

the master cylinder went in my first cinq.....

emma, does the pedal nearly hit the floor, and it really soft and sometimes feels as if the brakes are goin to lock before u actually stop properly?

i remember when mine went i could virtually get the brake pedal on the floor before the thing stopped! :eek:

but on my current one with the GT tar-ox stuff it doesnt have a lot of movement and is very responsive (y)

bloomfieldliam said:
GT brake syndrome Emma?

How do you feel it is to Aaron's, I am assuming he gave you a shot of his?

Liam

I think it varies from cinq to cinq, very strange!
Yes i've had a go in Aaron's cinq, his brakes are great, nice and firm, with just a little touch and the brakes start working. As i said the GT brakes were fitted to my standard cinq before the turbo cinq and they were great then, just like Aaron's.

mase said:
the master cylinder went in my first cinq.....

emma, does the pedal nearly hit the floor, and it really soft and sometimes feels as if the brakes are goin to lock before u actually stop properly?

i remember when mine went i could virtually get the brake pedal on the floor before the thing stopped! :eek:

but on my current one with the GT tar-ox stuff it doesnt have a lot of movement and is very responsive (y)

Yes that sound familiar, must be whats wrong, how annoying!
Luckily my dad is taking thursday off work because its F1 testing at Silverstone this week, so we are popping up for a few hours, (its free to get in woooo) So will have time to sort the master cylinder, and i'll try and help best i can!lol.

Thanks Mase!

i think when custard bought his new master cylinder, he was pleasantly suprised at the cost. It had been superceeded with a new part that was much cheaper. I can't remember by how much, but it was cheap :)

the master cylinder is under £25 !!!!! from fiat.unless you have any pipes snap(as i did)its easy to change.
i would get it ordered ASAP as mine had to come from italy.
as for my brakes i think they just need a good bleed but im working on the driveshaft,ARB mounts just now.im off sat,sun,mon so i'll be plugging on then.

glad its come together nicely emm :D

Yeah the brakes are a strange one, I know others have mentioned that they have experienced a longer peddle after fitting Punto brakes, but when i did mine they were instantly great, if anything the peddle travel is shorter than before, the brakes biting instantly, tho i did fit expensive Mintex M1144 pads which may have something to do with that.

Same on Emma's non-turbo Cinq, if anything the peddle felt a bit wooden as the travel was so little and the brakes definitely needing bedded in as the standard Bendix pads are a different compound than the Mintex i fitted.

The brakes have proved problematic, first they had very rusty brake pipe fittings which proved a nightmare to remove what with clips rusting and snapping and then pipes snapping, rear brake lever things solid, lucky we still have my old red cinq to scavenge things off, then a rear binding brake on the side I did, thought i had mucked up, but i was vindicated as Emma said the handbrake cable was not releasing on one side.

Its a puzzle but sure to be remedied.

Aaron.

Sorry for lack of update guys and gals, been ill for the last two weeks, but i'm feeling better now and will post up some pics.

Unfortunaly Turbo cinq didn't make it to Brooklands as it failed its MOT on emissions, which turned out to be a faulty lamda sensor, luckily dad had a spare and that was fixed easily. On its retest it sailed through.
So its now road legal and i've done 200 miles so far on restricted boost 0.3 bar, and not taken over 4000rpm for running in purposes. This weekend the boost may be turned up as the engine should be nicely run in by then.

So here are the latest pictures enjoy :D ..........

Attachments

• DSC_0109.JPG
    DSC_0109.JPG
    698.9 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC_0111.JPG
    DSC_0111.JPG
    808 KB · Views: 294
  • DSC_0102.JPG
    DSC_0102.JPG
    854.5 KB · Views: 246
Tidy indeed, very sleeper esque!

Lot of hard graft gone into that.

How are you going to overcome the hi temps that Aaron spoke of in another thread?

Liam

Back