DSC_0029.JPG

Cinquecento Emma's Turbo Progress Thread!

Introduction

Hey, as some of u may know my turbo cinq is in the middle of having an engine rebuild by my dad. This is the progress so far, and will add to this thread as things happen.

So far......
Port and poilsh and a bit of boring out nearly finished
bloomfieldliam said:
Tidy indeed, very sleeper esque!

Lot of hard graft gone into that.

How are you going to overcome the hi temps that Aaron spoke of in another thread?

Liam

Yeah my Dad and Aaron have been amazing, working on it in their spare time at the weekends and dad does some after he gets back from work. I wish i could have helped more, but i just don't have the knowledge and know how to do so :eek:
Yes it is running very very hot, that it definatly needs an oil cooler soon, doing some research first, so its in the pipeline, as is an oil catch tank!
I'd really like a vented bonnet soon aswell, but oil cooler comes first.

emz

not being picky or anything but how many miles do you do to run in an engine

most new cars today, according to their handbooks, tend to say to run the engine in for the first 500 miles IIRC, i would have thought something similar from emz??

AppleSei said:
most new cars today, according to their handbooks, tend to say to run the engine in for the first 500 miles IIRC, i would have thought something similar from emz??

Some engines have a running in period of up to 3K.

nogin said:
not being picky or anything but how many miles do you do to run in an engine

I'm taking it easy for the first 300-400 miles, thats what i have been advised to do, along with the occasional burst over 4000rpm.

Its all about looking after the brand new pistons, so i must control myself, :D

alex22 said:
one like that do ya?
if i don't shift it i'm gonna end up keeping it i love it but i don't if ya see what i mean lol

Umm its not really my thing i'm affraid, so looks like your keeping it :p I'm thinking about cool louvres something subtle :)

emz

foxyemx said:
Umm its not really my thing i'm affraid, so looks like your keeping it :p I'm thinking about cool louvres something subtle :)

emz

MMmm, yes louvres, would look ace, done proper with some facing forward to get cold air in and some backwards to get hot air out. (y) Do it!!

foxyemx said:
I'm taking it easy for the first 300-400 miles, thats what i have been advised to do, along with the occasional burst over 4000rpm.
Burst over 4000 to let the ecu know that it can still do that yea? :confused: i gotta bear all this in mind! :eek:

foxyemx said:

emz

yea its a bit far from subtle sadly :cry: its a bit far from done well too :D

Got to admit the car is looking great, I like it as it is as, well understated I even like those Abarth wheels on it, but Emma has plans and its her car :)

And to the two Alex's, when are you two going to get proper running turbo's ;)

Opps just remembered I don't even have a running turbo Cinq :eek:

Back