Tuning Eibach - Pro-kit or Sportline springs, help me decide please

Currently reading:
Tuning Eibach - Pro-kit or Sportline springs, help me decide please

MistaB

Hi guys and gals

I did a search but could not find anything to answer my question.

I am picking up my 1.2 sport on Saturday and first thing to do will be change the springs. It will have the 16" multi-spokes from factory.

So my question..

- Will the car like being on the Eibach sportlines (45mm front & 30mm rear) and 16" wheels?

It will be my daily drive, but mostly used on Motorways and popping to the shops. I have a seen a video with another 500 on the Sportlines and it looks sexy as funk :yum:

So what do you think? go with the lower sportlines or stick to the tried and tested pro-kit keeping it 30mm all around.

Thanks in advance :worship:

Mr B

I would say stick with the pro kit, the Eibach springs are better anyway whichever you go for, but the less severe drop of the pro kit lets you keep a bit more upward travel at the front end for the inevitable pothole, sunken manhole and the obvious speedbumps, easier to live with everyday IMO, unless you really must have the looks of the Sportlines that is.

I have 16's & a 30mm drop...

IMG_2657.JPG

Before

IMG_1749.jpg

After

Last edited:
Thought I would bump this rather than start a new thread :)

I have a 1.3MTJD Sport with 15" alloys and want to lower it with springs, and am between the Eibach Pro-kit and Sportline springs. My concern is that 30mm drop wont be enough on the 15's, and the Sportline gives an uneven drop (45mm front/30mm rear).

Anyone got either of the above with 15's and offer up some advice/pictures?

Thought I would bump this rather than start a new thread :)

I have a 1.3MTJD Sport with 15" alloys and want to lower it with springs, and am between the Eibach Pro-kit and Sportline springs. My concern is that 30mm drop wont be enough on the 15's, and the Sportline gives an uneven drop (45mm front/30mm rear).

Anyone got either of the above with 15's and offer up some advice/pictures?

Mark took some pictures of his 500 on 16" wheels before and after lowering 30mm here. (y)

Marks car looks great on the Eibach Pro-Kit but I think this is partly due to the 16's filling the arches a bit better! No one with 15's? :)

I've ordered the Eibach Pro-Kit (30mm drop front and rear) this evening and have the car booked in to get them fitted next Monday (provided they arrive before then). Will take some pics before and after, although from experience they do take a wee while to settle. :)

generally from my experience springs can take up to a couple of weeks too settle fully

I'm on the pro-kit too. :)

Wet weather here lately, and many roads are turning weak... that means a few potholes coming up here and there occasionally.. when i go over one without seeing it, i hear and feel the loud thud that will wake everyone whoever is sleeping in my car... somehow i feel the pain for my car.. hahaz...

but cornering is indeed much better with lowered springs... previously the high CG makes me feel unsecure when I turn into a corner at a slightly higher speed... now it's all good... coupled with Tarox brakes and Michelin PS3 tyres... :slayer:

I'm on the pro-kit too. :)

Wet weather here lately, and many roads are turning weak... that means a few potholes coming up here and there occasionally.. when i go over one without seeing it, i hear and feel the loud thud that will wake everyone whoever is sleeping in my car... somehow i feel the pain for my car.. hahaz...

but cornering is indeed much better with lowered springs... previously the high CG makes me feel unsecure when I turn into a corner at a slightly higher speed... now it's all good... coupled with Tarox brakes and Michelin PS3 tyres... :slayer:

Do you plan to have a few pics in your gallery of the mods that you carried out ?
Any difference in braking with the bigger brakes ?

Do you plan to have a few pics in your gallery of the mods that you carried out ?
Any difference in braking with the bigger brakes ?

Will post up the pics soon.. :)

I didn't get the BBK though.. only the G88 discs, strada pads from Tarox... and then changed to Goodridge Stainless Steel brake hoses as well... (y)

just got my bosch wiper replacement too... hee :p

Got the Pro-kit fitted today :D Totally transformed the look of the car and made it much more fun to drive! Whilst the car was up on the ramp I noticed the backbox is looking a bit scabby so will likely replace it with a stainless steel item if I can find one at a reasonable price! Pics to follow shortly (y)

Got the Pro-kit fitted today :D Totally transformed the look of the car and made it much more fun to drive! Whilst the car was up on the ramp I noticed the backbox is looking a bit scabby so will likely replace it with a stainless steel item if I can find one at a reasonable price! Pics to follow shortly (y)

What drop are you expecting to get on the MJ with the new springs ?
Can't remember if the suspension on the MJ is the same as the 1.4 wth a 10mm drop compared with the standard 1.2/TA.

What drop are you expecting to get on the MJ with the new springs ?
Can't remember if the suspension on the MJ is the same as the 1.4 wth a 10mm drop compared with the standard 1.2/TA.

It's supposed to be 30mm all round so that's all I was really expecting! I just wanted to improve the handing a bit whilst impoving the cars stance without spending £500+ on a decent coilover kit.

The Eibach Pro-Kit has exceeded my expectations for ride height and comfort, I think as well as the car being more fun to drive now it's actually LESS crashy! Maybe not that surprising given that the standard springs have 28K miles on them and these are brand new.

All in a great buy for less than £200 fitted, I highly reccommend them. :)

It's supposed to be 30mm all round so that's all I was really expecting! I just wanted to improve the handing a bit whilst impoving the cars stance without spending £500+ on a decent coilover kit.

The Eibach Pro-Kit has exceeded my expectations for ride height and comfort, I think as well as the car being more fun to drive now it's actually LESS crashy! Maybe not that surprising given that the standard springs have 28K miles on them and these are brand new.

All in a great buy for less than £200 fitted, I highly reccommend them. :)

Glad to 'hear' that you're pleased with the result of the eibach pro setup. The eibach springs must get stiffer when they compress more so than the standard springs.
I've been getting the Marea ready for duty again and came across a thread on the Marea section on shock absorbers. I was looking for a set of cheap shocks for the rear on the Marea weekend and I thought that a decent set of montube ones could work well on a 500. Explanation of the differences between mono and twintube given here. Noticed a few ebayers advertising them.
Some the A500 guys with the stiffer SS springs found that a set of Koni FSD improved the ride so that it was not just riding on the springs.
Would you consider a set of decent shocks for the rear since they are installed separate to the springs ?

Back