General Help please regarding specs

Currently reading:
General Help please regarding specs

Tbkbabab

Hi everyone, 1st post and looking for some help on below

Am looking to buy a Twinair 105 hp probably 2015-2017 but after a week of looking and researching I couldnt find
any website that gave a definitive breakdown of specs for the various models/engines, (I think because you could pretty much
have any trim level with every engine choice but different things change depending on both trim and engine) and am
none the wiser as regards a couple points.

Had been going to arrange to look at a 2015 Lounge with lowish miles which is only about 5 miles away
but then realised although it has the central lcd screen the speedo is the non digital one and I really want
a digital speed read out.
After this did a bit more looking and seemed that for cars of this era you had to get an S or cult model to get the
digital speedo however after another search have found out of 11 Lounge 105hp models for sale 2 have the digital
speedo, 1 is a 2015 with the old led centre screen and 1 is a 2016 with the newer lcd screen, also one is pre facelift and one is post.
I’m pretty bambozzled, can anyone throw any light on which models with the 105hp Twinair engine do have the digital
speedo or do I just have to check the photos on listings to find out?

Also regarding brakes is this correct, 105 hp cars all have rear discs but an S also has vented fronts?

Any info greatly appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

S models have their own specific trim (wheels, seats, etc) but mechanically are the same as other versions with the same engine.

I believe that the digital speedo was introduced with the facelift versions, so if this is a deal breaker for you, look for a post-facelift car.

Note that all 105TA's have a dual mass flywheel regardless of age, so if you notice any harshness or vibration during the test drive, walk away; it's not a cheap repair.

On these cars, I'd advise you to only consider those with an impeccable service history.

Hello and welcome to the forum.

S models have their own specific trim (wheels, seats, etc) but mechanically are the same as other versions with the same engine.

I believe that the digital speedo was introduced with the facelift versions, so if this is a deal breaker for you, look for a post-facelift car.
Thanks but asper my original post there are both pre and post facelift models with the digital speedo and without, the one
I was going to look at is a facelift car, if it was as simple as only post facelift it would be a lot simpler.

It's also possible that the display may not be the original.
That would be an awful lot of cars having their speedos changed there are quite a few pre facelift 2014/15 S models, in
addition to the odd Lounge, with the digital speedo. And I can’t see anyone switching a facelift car if it had the digital speedo
to the non digital speedo. It just seems like there isn’t any concrete rule.

Most likely in post 2016 cars i think!
I echo the comments of the others regarding service history on these models ,and would add that full fiat main dealer is more desirable as some independents and non-franchise garages have been known to use the wrong spec oils! it is VITAL that the multi-air unit is serviced regularly and properly to maintain its integrity and reliability especially once over 50k miles!

Back