Technical Help please! 2009 fiat 500 1.2 engine problems

Currently reading:
Technical Help please! 2009 fiat 500 1.2 engine problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikefraser93

I have a problem with my car, driving along then it willvflash up check engine and start stop unavailable. Will sometimes feel a bit hesitation when accelerating in lower revs. Plugged my code reader in and it says p0340. I have changed the cam position sensor, fixed the wiring in the boot, changed earth strap and brake light switch. It's still doing it and I don't know what else to change? I have a crank sensor on the way just incase. I had one fault code once p0012 but its never come back. Any help greatly appreciated

Last edited:
FIRST thing id do is next fill up use the best petrol you can get 98/99 octaine supper unleaded etc! put half a tank in and add a GOOD QUALITY fuel injection system cleaner! if this does not improve things? then next i would clean the throttle body(check the air filter at the same time!) out.
Also how old are the spark plugs? might be time for a change! could also be a failing fuel injector? is the idle rough or lumpy?.

FIRST thing id do is next fill up use the best petrol you can get 98/99 octaine supper unleaded etc! put half a tank in and add a GOOD QUALITY fuel injection system cleaner! if this does not improve things? then next i would clean the throttle body(check the air filter at the same time!) out.
Also how old are the spark plugs? might be time for a change! could also be a failing fuel injector? is the idle rough or lumpy?.
Hello thank you for your reply. First thing I do when I buy a car is good fuel like shell v power and injector cleaner. Idle is only Rough sometimes when it has the faults showing. No lights idle is smooth. Above 3k revs it pulls good and smooth. Just before that can feel like a hesitation l. Also does amazing mpg. It's baffling me

Hello thank you for your reply. First thing I do when I buy a car is good fuel like shell v power and injector cleaner. Idle is only Rough sometimes when it has the faults showing. No lights idle is smooth. Above 3k revs it pulls good and smooth. Just before that can feel like a hesitation l. Also does amazing mpg. It's baffling me
Could any of those things give me that fault code? New to fiats 😂

To be honest id say not as the two codes youve listed both relate to the camshaft position sensor and its control wiring! have you cleared the old codes since replacing the parts? if so try reading the system again to see if anything has re-occurred since! was the new sensor you fitted of good quality? as theres an awfull lot of crap pattern parts out there!.

To be honest id say not as the two codes youve listed both relate to the camshaft position sensor and its control wiring! have you cleared the old codes since replacing the parts? if so try reading the system again to see if anything has re-occurred since! was the new sensor you fitted of good quality? as theres an awfull lot of crap pattern parts out there!.
Yeah I've cleared the codes, they go and come back. I drove it for 4 days perfectly fine then today its been doing it every time I drive it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back